PDA

View Full Version : Just a Small Salute

shawn@
09-20-2007, 19:20
Just wanted to try and get the word out that we appreciate what you do. It was time to rebuild my M998 Humvee and I decided to build a tribute to the US Army Special Forces Operators. I had support from several other sponsors K-Bar, BLACKHAWK, Breton Industries, Truck-Lite, Interco Tire and Pilot Automotive. The truck is turned out Kick *** so I hope you all find this small nod expectable as a thanks from a fellow American. I am not here to promote myself my business or my sponsors I am here to sincerely give thanks to the Quite Professionals. It was not hard to get sponsorship for the build as the companies listed feel as I do and wanted to give tribute to the Heroes that are out there in the shadows covering our collective A$$es.

Link to the in progress build web page http://angryiron.com/Project_Special_Operator.htm Project Special Operator

sfrecrutr
09-20-2007, 19:25
I could sure use that in my SF Recruiting display!!

SF_BHT
09-21-2007, 06:49
Nice Job. It should turn some heads. You should bring it to Bragg and let the command see it. Would be really good for the SF Mobile Demo team...

Pete
09-21-2007, 07:01
Nice Job. It should turn some heads. You should bring it to Bragg and let the command see it. Would be really good for the SF Mobile Demo team...

I think it would look really good in my driveway - but my wife would kill me. Oh, well.

Great job Shawn@, it looks really good.

Edited to add - you need to get up on a tall step ladder and get an elevated front shot. Show off the nice crest on the hood.

shawn@
09-21-2007, 17:18
Thanks for the kind words.

It or one like it would make an awesome recruiting vehicle.

I would love the oppertunity to take it to both Benning and Bragg.

When it comes time to sell it I would prefer it to go to a QP past or pressent sure would hate for a poser to get it.

It placed 3rd at the NOPI Nationals car show this past weekend. Three up standing gentlemen stopped by among the hundreds, Two Ranges and one SF (together). They expressed there appriciation and I returned ours. I was told at least 200 times it was the coolest Hummer ever seen.

I have a question but I do not know the proper catagory to post it in. I was wondering if you guys ever go off roading and call it Advanced Off Road Hummer Opperations Training? If so I would love to participate and share my knowlege and possibly pick some up. I know that there was a contract to provide this training out west. We have plenty of mountains around here to get it done in the east.

When I get some more detailed pictures taken I will be sure to post them. There are more cool items to show. Like the Crest in the seat backs or the 9MM holsters for driver and front passenger.

Thanks Again