PDA

View Full Version : History Question

ASByron
09-16-2007, 21:40
Before I get into the real question, any chance someone on this forum would be familiar with any SF guys from Vietnam? Trying to figure out some OPSEC-appropriate family history before I sign the infamous line and after some of the posts I've read this seems like an appropriate place to ask. Thank you for your time.

NousDefionsDoc
09-17-2007, 05:18
You haven't read the rules and the stickies, have you?

ASByron
09-17-2007, 07:38
"For OPSEC, PERSEC, and other reasons we will not go into here, it is very difficult to do a “poseur check” for an unknown internet entity on Special Forces personnel. Do not ask us to do so casually, and explain why it is important that we check this individual out. Your personal curiosity or desire to “out” them is NOT normally a good justification."

Is that what you are referring to? I am not just looking to call someone out, I got some bad news about my father's habits/health and he might not be around much longer so I am trying to learn more about him in case he does pass. Since I don't have access to any "in-person" type resources that I could trust information from I figured I'd give it a shot on here. If it is still inappropriate please let me know and delete the post. If not inappropriate, perhaps a PM would be better? Thanks again.

Pete
09-17-2007, 09:22
[QUOTE=ASByron;182479... I am not just looking to call someone out, I got some bad news about my father's habits/health and he might not be around much longer so I am trying to learn more about him in case he does pass. Since I don't have access to any "in-person" type resources that I could trust information from I figured I'd give it a shot on here.....[/QUOTE]

1. Ask him, he is your father. It might help you to get to know each other better.

2. Since you got bad news about him you may want to spend as much time as you can with him.

3. Your father is an "in-person" type.

4. You don't trust your father?

Pete

The Reaper
09-17-2007, 10:07
We have no idea if you are who you say, just as with any other anonymous person on the net.

We are not going to provide people we do not know with info about people who may, or may not have been SF.

As the rules mention, we do not do poseur checks, or family reunions, or friend finders, or lonely hearts club checks.

A quick read of the rules, and what we have said to others asking for this sort of assistance would have saved you the trouble.

If that is what you came here for, I am sorry to disappoint you. I agree, you need to talk to your father yourself.

Thread closed.

TR