View Full Version : Stories from Anbar

The Reaper
09-10-2007, 18:24
Excellent report!

http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/001514.html

TR

Roguish Lawyer
09-10-2007, 18:39
Wow -- this is what we should be seeing in the NY Times, Wash Post, etc.

Gypsy
09-10-2007, 19:17
I've been reading some of Michael Totten's work...as RL said, it should be seen in main stream. Won't...but it should.

jbour13
09-10-2007, 20:03
Excellent read.

Having been to that lovely place I can say that the pictures truly capture the feeling and atmosphere and help tell the story better.

Thanks to Mr. Totten for telling stories like this. I particularly enjoy stories about the civilians holding AQ at gunpoint for asking about good places to emplace IED's. ;)

Had an old gentleman that caught two knuckleheads emplacing IED's just outside his house in a ditch in his front yard outside of Kandahar City my last rotation. He berated the younger fellows about the trouble they bring by attacking Americans. Younger fellows push the old man down (they were armed) and laugh at him. Older gentlemen goes inside, gets his gun and smokes said younger fellows. I laughed and briefed that during shift change to the LTC and CSM. :D They were just as happy.

Broker
09-11-2007, 07:08
Wow, the change in that city is mind-blowing. To dismount on Route Michigan and take pictures would have been suicide last summer.

The antihero
09-11-2007, 11:00
I got to it from another source but I've read it too and it's excellent. Totten is the sort of reporter the MSM lacks.

Loved the Iraqi kid drawing.