PDA

View Full Version : CRK Pacific - kydexed finally

PiterM
09-09-2007, 12:13
Well, I did it this weekend... my first kydex sheaths for the Pacific. Kydex keeps the knife secure in any position, but still allows for easy one hand draw. I thought that clean straight lines of the sheath would enhance military spirit of the knife. New belt-loop too. Hope you like it :munchin

The Reaper
09-09-2007, 12:15
Well, I did it this weekend... my first kydex sheaths for the Pacific. Kydex keeps the knife secure in any position, but still allows for easy one hand draw. I thought that clean straight lines of the sheath would enhance military spirit of the knife. New belt-loop too. Hope you like it :munchin

Nice sheath.

Do you find the clamshell retention a bit noisy?

TR

Kraut783
09-09-2007, 14:09
Great sheath, I like the kydex sheath as an option to have. I have recently added a Chris Reeve / Harsey Green Beret 5.5" to my collection, a truly wonderful knife. Trying to find a kydex for it also :)

PiterM
09-09-2007, 23:46
Nice sheath.

Do you find the clamshell retention a bit noisy?
Thanks!

That depends on the technique you use. I can sheath / unsheath the knife almost without any noise at all... I mean the noise level is comparable to original sheath unsnapping.

Bill Harsey
09-17-2007, 17:48
Piter,
That's a good looking sheath, plenty of positive Kydex grip on the front finger radius of the handle for "no accidental release" sheath.

Can I be so bold to make a suggestion for the next try?

After pressing the fit, layout the rivets as close as possible to the edge of the knife. I use a silver marking pencil (drafting or welding shop supplied, I am willing make a trip to town and get you some, while carefully avoiding the high ticket "paid dancer joint" just around the corner...) to make these marks and same marks wash off with WD-40 when all is done.

The reason for this is to make the sheath as small as possible around the knife.

Razor
09-17-2007, 22:00
...while carefully avoiding the high ticket "paid dancer joint" just around the corner...

Someone's wife is reading over his shoulder. :D

PiterM
10-21-2007, 16:45
Can I be so bold to make a suggestion for the next try? (...) The reason for this is to make the sheath as small as possible around the knife.

So... what about this one? As small as only possible! Made it today for a buddy here in Poland. He really wanted 1-piece sheaths and since Pacific has hilt also on the back of the blade that was quite tough to make. Well... free-hand kydex milling is not something I do very often.

Did I do the job today? Tell me Uncle Bill :munchin

Trip_Wire (RIP)
10-22-2007, 12:51
PiterM:

The sheath looks great to me! I'd purchase on in a NY minute if they were available! :D

Pete S
10-22-2007, 15:55
Looks great Piter!

I like the eyelets on both sides of the sheath so its more stable when its secured to gear.

Keep up the good work.

Bill Harsey
10-29-2007, 08:39
Piter,
That is an outstanding job of design and making! Very nice design on the area to accept top guard of the knife into the sheath. Well done :lifter

Having the privilege of both handling and owning some of your work, there is no doubt the fit is right.

PiterM
05-11-2008, 14:39
Well... this is the final stage in my Pacific kydex evolution. Works like charm :cool: