PDA

View Full Version : Testing 123

Roguish Lawyer
09-03-2007, 12:33
Commo check

.--- ..- ... - | -.-. .... . -.-. -.- .. -. --. | - --- | ... . . | .. ..-. | .. | --. . - | ... ..- -... ... -.-. .-. .. -... . -.. | - --- | - .... .. ... | - .... .-. . .- -.. | ..--.. | | |

Roguish Lawyer
09-03-2007, 12:35
--- -.- | --..-- | | -- .- -.-- -... . | -.. .- -. | .. ... | .- | ... - ..- -.. | .- ..-. - . .-. | .- .-.. .-.. | ..--.. | | | -. .. -.-. . | .-- --- .-. -.- | ..--.. |

Team Sergeant
09-03-2007, 12:35
Commo check

.--- ..- ... - | -.-. .... . -.-. -.- .. -. --. | - --- | ... . . | .. ..-. | .. | --. . - | ... ..- -... ... -.-. .-. .. -... . -.. | - --- | - .... .. ... | - .... .-. . .- -.. | ..--.. | | |

You've got way too much time on your hands......:rolleyes:

Roguish Lawyer
09-03-2007, 12:36
You've got way too much time on your hands......:rolleyes:

Either that, or I know where to get really great tools.

http://inter.scoutnet.org/morse/morseform.html

:lifter

RTK
09-03-2007, 12:37
--- -.- | --..-- | | -- .- -.-- -... . | -.. .- -. | .. ... | .- | ... - ..- -.. | .- ..-. - . .-. | .- .-.. .-.. | ..--.. | | | -. .. -.-. . | .-- --- .-. -.- | ..--.. |

- .... .- - ... | ..-. ..- -.-. -.- .. -. --. | .- .-- . ... --- -- .

Roguish Lawyer
09-03-2007, 12:40
- .... .- - ... | ..-. ..- -.-. -.- .. -. --. | .- .-- . ... --- -- .

.-.. --- .-..

Dan
09-03-2007, 12:44
.-.. --- .-..

-.. .. - - ---

jbour13
09-03-2007, 12:58
--. .-. . .- - | ..-. .. -. -..

SF_BHT
09-03-2007, 13:03
- .... .. ... | .. ... | .- | -.-. --- --- .-.. | - --- --- .-.. | ..--.. | | | .-- .. .-.. .-.. | .... .- ...- . | - --- | ... .- ...- . | .. - | ..-. --- .-. | ..-. ..- - ..- .-. . | ..- ... . | ..--.. |

Jack Moroney (RIP)
09-03-2007, 13:07
Either that, or I know where to get really great tools.[

Yeah, I do too. He was called an 05B/31V and you really haven't begun to send or recieve code in the old school until you are under a poncho with a red lensed flashlight, breaking a msg on your trigraph, while the rain is pounding on your head and the water is running down the crack of your ass all the while your junior or other designee is cranking a hand crank generator or providing security so you can send a reply to make your BTB time window right before you retrieve your half-wave lenght antenna so you can book to get away from the transmit site and move by a circuitous route back to an MSS or the base camp several to many kms distant. Today he is an 18E and doesn't have the benefit of the AN/GRA 109 and all its "high speed, light weight, components" but rather a whole new set of gear and unique challenges but with the same mission and then some. Other than some idiot officer who wrote a msg using more words than necessary to say what could have been said in less his next biggest headache over which he has no control either is the F1 layer.:D

Dominus_Potior
09-04-2007, 03:23
--. .-. . .- - . ... - | - .... .-. . .- -.. | . ...- . .-. | ..--.. | |
- .... .- -. -.- ... | -. --- .-- | .. | .... .- ...- . | .- | -. . .--
| .-- .- -.-- | - --- | .-- .- ... - . | - .. -- . | .- - | .-- --- .-.
-.-

SF_BHT
09-04-2007, 07:07
Yeah, I do too. He was called an 05B/31V and you really haven't begun to send or recieve code in the old school until you are under a poncho with a red lensed flashlight, breaking a msg on your trigraph, while the rain is pounding on your head and the water is running down the crack of your ass all the while your junior or other designee is cranking a hand crank generator or providing security so you can send a reply to make your BTB time window right before you retrieve your half-wave lenght antenna so you can book to get away from the transmit site and move by a circuitous route back to an MSS or the base camp several to many kms distant. Today he is an 18E and doesn't have the benefit of the AN/GRA 109 and all its "high speed, light weight, components" but rather a whole new set of gear and unique challenges but with the same mission and then some. Other than some idiot officer who wrote a msg using more words than necessary to say what could have been said in less his next biggest headache over which he has no control either is the F1 layer.:D

We must have been in the same company. That sounds like all my FTX's as a young SSG. Just lived having the XO or Jr Wpns bitch about cranking the generator. Darn I am getting old.....
-.. .- .-. -. | .. | .- -- | --. . - - .. -. --. | --- .-.. -..
:rolleyes:

GANGSTER
09-06-2007, 07:45

You forgot to mention that upon returning to the MSS you found the rest of the team still sleeping, all well fed and staying high and dry. I remember you set the unit standard that everyone in the unit will learn code (min5/5) or you weren't considered deployable. Everyone knew your were serious and would do whatever it took to ensure going on the next Urban FX. This resulted in most guys getting to 10/10. :lifter Your new Avatar is most appropriate!

Jack Moroney (RIP)
09-06-2007, 09:57
Everyone knew your were serious

I can remember we had a team leader or two that sniveled like rats eating onions but they did come around and had a whole new respect for their 18Es.:D Good times, great folks.