PDA

View Full Version : Prescription Med Question

11Ber
08-29-2007, 15:39
I am heading to the Sept SFAS class and have a question that I can't find a sure answer to so I turn to the ones in the know. I currently am taking Claritin-D for seasonal allergies. Without it I am no good. I asked my recruiter today what the regs were for meds at SFAS. He said he was not sure. A CPL helping him who got selected in MArch advised me to take them but hide them. I do not want to do this and have an integrity issue at the start line. Then, a friend of mine who got bounced from the Aug class stated that as long as you have the written prescription they are allowed in. I tried to search the site but could not find a suitable answer. Any guidance is greatl appreciated.

Surgicalcric
08-30-2007, 06:14
First off you should NEVER listen to anyone who tells you to lie or hide something for personal gain. We dont need those types of people. They are looking out for themselves first and not the Team or Regiment. If you ever see said individual again, tell him the Regiment doesn't need him and he should submit a VW slip ASAP and not waste the Cadre's time, the tax payers money, or his future team members time.

As for your question, take the med and the prescription with you to SFAS. The cadre will run it by the Sr 18D/PA at Camp MacKall and they will decide whether you keep it or not. If they decide against you keeping it you will find out what it will be like to make due in a high stress environment.

HTH,

Crip

The Reaper
08-30-2007, 08:16
I would make sure that I did not go to SFAS in the peak season.

Pine pollen is so thick out there that it looks like clouds of smoke blowing around.

TR

11Ber
08-30-2007, 10:35
Surgicalcric: Thanks for the advice. I was planning on going with that plan but I wanted to run it by some others who were more in the know than I am. I appreciate the reply.