PDA

View Full Version : CMF 18 MOS...

Irishsquid
08-24-2007, 08:29
How exactly is MOS school assigned after SFAS? Is there a dream sheet, or do they assign the MOS based solely on the needs of the Army? I'm simply curious...have been talking to various 20th Group recruiters for about a year now...out of the Navy in 2 months, planning to join the AL guard ASAP after that.

Eagle5US
08-24-2007, 12:57
Down and dirty it goes something like this:

1. Needs of the Army
2. ASVAB Score
3. Round peg to available round hole. No round hole? You get the square one. Just remember the 18D course is also known as the 18 B / C preparatory course.

That being said, you have a LONG time to worry about that part of it. Stick with your 25 meter target.
Good luck

Eagle

steeve20
08-24-2007, 16:24
In the Guard you can enlist for the MOS you want. That being said though if you want 18B and there is no requirerment for Bravo's they won't enlist you. They will encourage you to enlist for what is needed the most for that Company.

Irishsquid
08-27-2007, 06:59
Roger that gentlemen! Much appreciated. I suppose right at the moment, my 25m target is to survive the next month and a half of being "back in the Navy," after working with some of your guys. Never really realized just how little pride and professionalism there was in my service until I worked with someone else. Month and a half. Fairly certain I can make it.

stickey
08-29-2007, 20:10
Irishsquid, you're right up the road from me.

I was just at Little Creek on the rappel towers helping out ODU midshipmen & cadets.

Are you considering doing SF Guard?

Irishsquid
08-30-2007, 07:07
I am. I'm actually signing in with 20th Group in Alabama as soon as I'm out of the Navy.