PDA

View Full Version : Russian version of "Blood on the Risers"

504PIR
08-20-2007, 05:39
A buddy showed this to me yesterday, thought it was entertaining. Seems to be a Russian song/video about the VDV or Russian paratroopers. Supposedly the gentalman singing is an actual Col in the VDV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rAHrHd2lcw

Maybe a recruiting idea or the Russian Barry Sadler??

Fonzy
08-21-2007, 03:33
Gentlemen,

My brother works at the state department in VA, this past summer they entertained a host of Russian interns. I met one of them and even though she's left the states, her and I still keep in touch. Ironically enough her brother is a LT in this airborne unit. I asked her to translate, here's what she said. Thought it would be interesting. Excuse her language, sometimes her english is a bit rough.

"Surely I can translate! He sings about tough guys all around the country who tightened with real male friendship and army. This brotherhood is a reliable defence, no one will ever win over Russia. VDV hello from the sky, airborne troops are engaged forever with the sky, VDV means victory, parachtues like flowers, bla, bla,bla. Every boy dreams to become VDV troops 'cause its prestigious, there he will be taught how to use any type o weapons, how cool are the fights... Funny thing that it is not even professional troops shown in the video, its future officers. This video was shot at the Airborne academy and these guys are cadets."

SPC Fonz