PDA

View Full Version : Beret

RoninSpartan
08-15-2007, 11:31
I think the Army should go back to PCs, I see to many soldiers walking around with their beret hanging half way down their face.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
08-15-2007, 12:03
I think the Army should go back to PCs, I see to many soldiers walking around with their beret hanging half way down their face.

After reading the above, I was a little curious about your background. So I checked your profile and found nothing, that really tells one any info about your miltary background, etc. Airborne from Alaska? Yes, as I recall there are Airborne units there, in both the Regular Army & NG.

The currant RA unit seems to be the 25th IDs, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), United States Army Alaska at Fort Richardson. Is that right?

Supposedly, This the newest airborne formation in the US Army. The 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division (Light) was stood up in an activaiton ceremony 14 July 2005.

jbour13
08-15-2007, 14:39

It is done.....SSG B

$hit, now I remember........I have no authority. :D

Although this seems a bit off the wall for comments, I do agree that PC's rock and berets suck this time of year. Depending on the organization, and skill set, it may suck worse.

Rangers + Tan = Not so hot
Airborne + Maroon = Getting warmer
Regular Army + Black = Holy Crap My Melon is Baking
Special Forces + Green = Uhhhh.....duty uniform of the day is altered PT uniform. :D (and you guys deserve it ;) )

Don't get me wrong....I utilize the privelege of PT uniforms when I get the chance. I just have to do PT twice a day to do it.

RoninSpartan
08-15-2007, 21:08
After reading the above, I was a little curious about your background. So I checked your profile and found nothing, that really tells one any info about your miltary background, etc. Airborne from Alaska? Yes, as I recall there are Airborne units there, in both the Regular Army & NG.

The currant RA unit seems to be the 25th IDs, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), United States Army Alaska at Fort Richardson. Is that right?

Supposedly, This the newest airborne formation in the US Army. The 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division (Light) was stood up in an activaiton ceremony 14 July 2005.

I'm a quiet professional

Ambush Master
08-15-2007, 21:16
I'm a quiet professional

QP or not QP, you need to fill in your Profile!!

If you have a problem with this, please contact the Admins on site or I'll fill it in for you!!

You can start with me!!:munchin

Take care & I'll catch'ya Later!!!

Martin

Fonzy
08-20-2007, 13:01

Maybe it's just because I'm out here in Kosovo with so many other militaries out here, but the beret has grown on me.

This being a lowly e4 observation, but I've noticed back in the states the ones who ran around with the jacked up berets were the support personel.... but then again my 1st Sergeant is a bit of a stickler for professional appearences..

jwt5
08-20-2007, 15:19
The beret never bothered me, but that's because in my division is was strictly garrison headwear. We could switch to whatever the mission dictated depending on where we were. (ie motorpool, range, land nav, etc..)

The only thing I didn't like was the funky tan/burn you'd get on your face when participating in change of command ceremonies or the occaisional "welcome home" parade..... :D

SF_BHT
08-20-2007, 15:42

If you have a problem with this, please contact the Admins on site or I'll fill it in for you!!

Martin

I guess he is waiting for you to fill it in!!:confused:

Pete
08-20-2007, 16:41

Martin

Martin - you didn't scare him off with that little post did you. I've seen better rough and tumble in the team room when the new guy sat in the Team Sergeant's chair.:D

Pete

blue02hd
08-20-2007, 16:49
A QP with a user name Roninspartan??

Must be a 20th group guy.

Fiercely Loyal
08-20-2007, 17:50
I have always preferred the PC. Anyone like the boonie over the PC though?

jwt5
08-20-2007, 19:16
I have always preferred the PC. Anyone like the boonie over the PC though?

I loved my boonie in the desert. I was fortunate enough to deploy to the desert BEFORE the PC made it into desert issue gear. Even when we received the desert PC I refused to wear it. Gotta go boonie out there, especially after you hand wash it a few times in a orange water cooler. :p

Trip_Wire (RIP)
08-20-2007, 21:50
I'm a quiet professional

Great! if so, please follow the Mod's suggestion and fill out your profile, before the 'Black' helos decend on your position to wisk you away! :rolleyes:

After all, if your a QP it should be REAL easy to fill it out and make us all happy! Right? ;)

Oh! I agree the Ranger PC, in the field would be my choice over the Beret, with the ear flaps over my ears in the snow!