PDA

View Full Version : SEMPER FI

sg1987
08-13-2007, 10:34
Patriotic Rap Video Sparks Reaction

A video featuring the patriotic rap of a young man who appears to be a Marine has taken the Web by storm.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293090,00.html

bandycpa
08-13-2007, 12:11
I like it! Think back to the atmosphere of the country when 9/11 first happened. Didn't matter what political affiliation, what religion, what race you were. At that moment, everyone had laserlike focus on being an American and making sure that we remembered that that's what we are first and foremost. Democrats and Republicans showing solidarity, churches filled with people reflecting and researching their greater role in the human race and their relationship with God, people actually being nice and considerate to each other. We even had people (and politicians at that) publicly singing "God Bless America", and the ACLU couldn't shut it down.

However, time has passed, and most people, I believe, have fallen back into the grooves of bipartisanship and selfishness. Not that that's entirely bad: differing opinions and the combined effects of concurrent self-interests (interests that, although self-serving in nature when viewed separately, combine as a whole for the good of society) are part of what made us great to begin with. I just hope that we never forget that we are Americans first. I say, "Good job" to you, young orator!

Bandy

SgtUSMC8541
08-13-2007, 16:45
Outstanding!

Great job Marine!

Guy
08-13-2007, 18:09
I know it will be hard for you country folks...:p

"This is going to be one LONG-ASS war! Together we stand...divided we fall!":cool:

Stay safe and take care.

Hostile0311
08-14-2007, 09:35
Semper Fi! Ooh Rah!

chiefrick194
08-14-2007, 11:00
I know it will be hard for you country folks...

I don't care for RAP, but I do like American Poetry.

Great job Marine.

Semper Fi.

echoes
08-14-2007, 11:25
I like it! Think back to the atmosphere of the country when 9/11 first happened. Didn't matter what political affiliation, what religion, what race you were. At that moment, everyone had laserlike focus on being an American and making sure that we remembered that that's what we are first and foremost. Democrats and Republicans showing solidarity, churches filled with people reflecting and researching their greater role in the human race and their relationship with God, people actually being nice and considerate to each other. We even had people (and politicians at that) publicly singing "God Bless America", and the ACLU couldn't shut it down.

However, time has passed, and most people, I believe, have fallen back into the grooves of bipartisanship and selfishness. Not that that's entirely bad: differing opinions and the combined effects of concurrent self-interests (interests that, although self-serving in nature when viewed separately, combine as a whole for the good of society) are part of what made us great to begin with. I just hope that we never forget that we are Americans first. I say, "Good job" to you, young orator!Bandy

Really like this synopsis...thank you for writing it. :)

Holly
Still singing...