PDA

View Full Version : Early reporting

cobra22
08-13-2007, 03:06
I'm currently waiting for my orders, to the Q course. My clearance was granted last week. Does anyone recall if their orders allowed for early reporting?? I'm going to ABN on 21 sept. I come off the trail in JAN but if I can report early then I can PCS in NOV. I need the info to know when to start looking for a place to live. Proper planning and all that:p Any insight

cobra22
08-14-2007, 09:28
Ok I've found out the info on early reporting. I have a serious problem though and I believe that I have extenuating circumstances.
I'm still trying to come up with a solution but am almost out of ideas. My 1sg is completely not supportive of my chosen career path. So when I went to her for an ABN school service worksheet she refused to release me for the three weeks. SWCS schools told me that I'd get an ATRRS slot in FEB or MAR. They also told me they cannot give me an actual school date for the Q untill I graduate ABN. At 90 days out if I'm not locked into a Q-course date then I'll come down on orders. Which would be OCT 31. The theme in Infantry branch right now is MITT teams. So If I deploy that's 18 months and I'll be outside my 2 year SFAS certificate. Besides the next time I deploy I want to be a Quiet Professional. I've already talked to SWCS schools several times and it doesn't look like they can help me. Basicly I need an ATTRS slot of SEPT or OCT, but it's not in the cards, (right now). So ABN is keeping me from going to the Q. I've still got a few things up my sleeve to try and get over this obstacle, but any additional ideas would be greatly appreciated. Even though I'm at Benning a walk on slot is out of the question with my current COC. I figured if anyone could help me out the Soldiers on this site would be the ones.

And I thought the clearence would be the hard part;)

Books
08-14-2007, 21:03
Any way to get Airborne TDY enroute to the SFQC? I've known several fellows who did that. As I understand it, the two courses were booked on ATRRS at the same time. Good Luck! Keep fighting!!

Books

bubba
08-14-2007, 22:23
Possible, but dangerous solution is to "burn a bridge" or 2 by going up your COC until you get the answer you want, and if that doesn't get you any where, there is always the IG. But I would advise, if, and I say IF you go that route, SUCCEED because you will definitely make enemies and burn a few bridges. In any case, good luck, and have a good un'

WILL B
08-15-2007, 06:04
Well cobra I can say this! When I got selected my unit came down on orders to deploy in Nov. I got my PCS orders with TDY en route 24 of July. My commander didn't want to allow me a TDY and return, because apparently my CO didn't want me on the books. Basically my Airborne School date was in Sept, but my reporting date wasn't till Oct 19th. So I hung out till about latter part of August. Since the Q course orders wouldn't allow me to get deployed. I was told after airborne school you can report early. Trust me when you get to SWTG those class dates can change. There will be a lot of people working on Security Clearances and other things that will give you an opportunity to fill in a slot for Phase II. I am assuming you don't have to go to CLT or SFPC II. Anyhow. You can report early after airborne school. I am 100% sure you can. They encourage it. Only p requisite you need to report to SWTG is Airborne qualified and of course you have to be a selected lol. Happy jumping.

cobra22
10-28-2007, 08:26
Well after ten years I finally have an ABN school date. Nov 9th. Dang,,, I probably just jinxed myself. ha ha. I report to the Q-course in march and begin phase 2 march 18. I month shy of a year since I reported to SFAS. After 2 and a half years it's finally time to take the hat off and shoot the next 50 meter target in my career.

Pete
10-28-2007, 08:55
March is a good month in the sand hills of North Carolina. You will not have to worry about heat injuries.:D

Now go run 4 miles to celibrate.:lifter

Pete