PDA

View Full Version : Military type map of Okinawa

wesminsmith
08-09-2007, 21:11
Does anyone here in Okinawa have any military type maps I can have to practice land nav? I protractor and compass would be great too but I think I can find those on my own. Thank for any help.

Smitty.

deanwells
08-16-2007, 03:12
Your unit doesn't have any???

RTK
08-16-2007, 15:46
Does anyone here in Okinawa have any military type maps I can have to practice land nav? I protractor and compass would be great too but I think I can find those on my own. Thank for any help.

Smitty.

Go tallk to your S2 shop. If they don't have a military map for where you are they should all be fired.

If you can't find the map and where to get a compass you've already jacked up the first step of land nav.

mswilliams
08-24-2007, 06:20
Worse case, every S-2 shop on Okinawa has the crash grid maps of Oki, that should get you started. They have two types, 1:100,000 and 1:50,000. both are easy to come by. If you cant find any go by Kadena AB command post and use puppy dog eyes on the young female airman behind the counter. She will square you away.

wesminsmith
09-04-2007, 05:21
Hey everyone, I just wanted to stop by and close the loop on this post. A friend of mine in S2 got me a map, I appreciate every ones input. Thanks!