View Full Version : College Football 2007

Pages : [1] 2

Roguish Lawyer
08-04-2007, 09:25
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2959891

USC is No. 1, trailed by SEC foes LSU and Florida
ESPN.com news services

Updated: August 3, 2007, 11:54 AM ET

Southern California picked up 45 of a possible 60 first-place votes and is easily the No. 1 team in the initial USA Today Top 25 coaches' poll released on Friday.

The Trojans, 11-2 last season but loaded as 2007 approaches, picked up 1,481 total points, easily outdistancing No. 2 LSU (1,372 points) and No. 3 Florida (1,278 points). The Tigers picked up four first-place votes and the defending national champion Gators grabbed nine.

Texas is No. 4 (1,231 points), with Michigan -- which received two first-place votes -- fifth (1,218 points).

The remainder of the top 10: West Virginia (1,205), Wisconsin (1,114), Oklahoma (1,026), Virginia Tech (1,005) and Ohio State (919). The Big Ten has three teams in the top 10 -- the most of any conference.

The Southeastern Conference has six teams in the initial top 25, including No. 13 Georgia, No. 14 Auburn, No. 15 Tennessee and No. 20 Arkansas.

Boise State, which finished last season at No. 6, opens 2007 at No. 23. Florida State, unranked at the end of a 7-6 season a year ago, opens at No. 21.

Goggles Pizano
08-04-2007, 09:50
Your boys are loaded as usual RL. Glad that fraud Notre Dame was not in the top 25. :p Can't wait for the season to start!

GO LIONS!

echoes
08-04-2007, 11:12
Greetings Gents.

Just wanted to go on record, since I have not previously...

Since I was four or five years old, I knew every note of the "fight song!"

GO SOONERS!!! :lifter

Achilles
08-04-2007, 12:01
As long as Mack Brown doesn't try to play Colt when he should be in a wheelchair an entire game we will do well. If our secondary is up to par this year we will be looking at another national title run, and that wouldn't be a bad way to go out as this is my last year here at Texas. Too bad we don't have the God of Football playing for us anymore... Watching Vince Young develop was an amazing experience as a sports fan, and mark my words that if he stays on the right track, he will be the Michael Jordan of Football... no doubts here.

Greetings Gents.

Just wanted to go on record, since I have not previously...

Since I was four or five years old, I knew every note of the "fight song!"

I'll be in Dallas for TX-OU, as usual. OU has been, by far, our strongest rival these last 6-7 years. TX-A&M game has been a joke in comparison but it will feel good beating them this year because of all the cheap hits to our already injured QB in the last game. I could probably write an essay on Texas football, but I'll stop here.

Go Longhorns!

echoes
08-04-2007, 12:25
Go Longhorns!

Um, I hold you in a very high regard, since you are an SF candidate.

Um, but, Longhorns...NOHA!!!:D

Holly

WhiskeyBoarder
08-04-2007, 13:04
I hate to infringe but....

While being a lifelong fan of all Pennsylvania teams (PSU, Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, Sixers, etc), I must make you all aware - if you weren't already - of the developing beast in the Big East that is my current university.

The University of South Florida Bulls. :lifter

We won our first bowl game last year, led by Big East Freshman of the Year, Matt Grothe. Furthermore, we picked up freshman RB Mike Ford who was a 5-star recruit at Alabama before bowing to grades. We still have have a couple of the stronger defensive players in the league: LB Ben Moffitt, CB Mike Jenkins, and DE George Selvie

We play Auburn for our second game of the season. It should be a fun year; we meet Louisville and West Virginia at home this time around.

Just a notification of a dark horse out there for you guys... we have true optimism down here that Big East title contention is not out of sight.

Thanks!

echoes
08-04-2007, 13:55
Just a notification of a dark horse out there for you guys... we have true optimism down here that Big East title contention is not out of sight.
Thanks!

I only hope you have good popcorn over there...ya'll will need it!:D

hehehe

Holly

sg1987
08-04-2007, 16:21
Go DAWGS!!!!!!

smokfire
08-04-2007, 21:57
:lifter 8080

ON WISCONSIN! GO BUCKY!

The Reaper
08-06-2007, 18:16

While being a lifelong fan of all Pennsylvania teams (PSU, Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, Sixers, etc), I must make you all aware - if you weren't already - of the developing beast in the Big East that is my current university.

We won our first bowl game last year, led by Big East Freshman of the Year, Matt Grothe. Furthermore, we picked up freshman RB Mike Ford who was a 5-star recruit at Alabama before bowing to grades. We still have have a couple of the stronger defensive players in the league: LB Ben Moffitt, CB Mike Jenkins, and DE George Selvie

We play Auburn for our second game of the season. It should be a fun year; we meet Louisville and West Virginia at home this time around.

Thanks!

WhiskeyBoarder:

Slightly off topic.

I lived in Tampa for several years while I was at SOCOM, and love the area, but have real problems with cheering for a school with the terrorists who are members of both the staff and student body there.

I hope things get better, but just today, two more USF students were busted with pipe bombs acting suspiciously outside a Naval Weapons Station in South Carolina.

This sort of conduct by students and staff at USF reflects negatively on everyone there, regardless of what the multi-cultural, enlightened faculty may think.

Does the school attract these people, or what?

TR

JMI
08-07-2007, 07:25
Glad that fraud Notre Dame was not in the top 25. :p
You mean the Notre Dame team that laid an asswhooping on the Lions last year, 41-17. :lifter

WhiskeyBoarder
08-07-2007, 11:43
WhiskeyBoarder:

Slightly off topic.

I lived in Tampa for several years while I was at SOCOM, and love the area, but have real problems with cheering for a school with the terrorists who are members of both the staff and student body there.

I hope things get better, but just today, two more USF students were busted with pipe bombs acting suspiciously outside a Naval Weapons Station in South Carolina.

This sort of conduct by students and staff at USF reflects negatively on everyone there, regardless of what the multi-cultural, enlightened faculty may think.

Does the school attract these people, or what?

TR

Trust me, I understand your sentiments completely. Imagine my difficulty trying to follow any sort of Middle Eastern track in my studies in the wake of the Sami Al Arian fiasco. When he went down, as did U.S.F.'s entire staff of faculty with any ability to teach in those disciplines.

The state of the academics here for, say, international studies should be rather healthy because, as you alluded, SOCOM is so closely headquartered. But I guess sometimes the association works better in theory than in practice....

Anyway, I had dinner with the football team the other night in our cafeteria and, boy, are those kids big. I stand 6'1" and over 200 and have always considered myself "solid." After being surrounded by those beasts, I have an entirely different self-perspective. So, after such an observation, I alter previous said statement and now declare that a BCS game isn't out of our sights!:lifter

Thanks.

P.S. TR, USF is about to complete the last portions of a multimillion dollar joint training facility (http://media.www.usforacle.com/media/storage/paper880/news/2007/02/15/News/New-Rotc.Building.Set.To.Open.This.Fall-2722062.shtml) dedicated solely to the military ROTC programs. I hope to be utilizing this building in the coming years and I figured this might help promote your perspective of USF

Goggles Pizano
08-07-2007, 12:48
You mean the Notre Dame team that laid an asswhooping on the Lions last year, 41-17. :lifter

ahem...LAST YEAR, circa 2006 yes?? See you in week two buddy! ;)

Counsel
08-08-2007, 08:34
Just for the record,

GO BLUE!

echoes
08-08-2007, 11:21
Anyway, I had dinner with the football team the other night in our cafeteria and, boy, are those kids big.[/B]:lifter

WB...I have no doubt that the Team is filled with non-slackers. That is what I love about College Football in general...The guys are not slackers!

Holly

JMI
09-01-2007, 15:31
I hate Michigan.

That is all. Good day.

Spartan74
09-01-2007, 16:07
Hey...Me too !! lol

bandycpa
09-01-2007, 17:41
Penn State had a good day. Hopefully a sign of things to come this year.

JMI, looking forward to playing you all next week. Should be a good one.

Bandy

booker
09-01-2007, 18:09
WVU rolled on as usual, and the game in Blacksburg was good, once VT put their mind to the task. Notre Dame's loss warmed my heart.

We'll see if South Florida can walk their talk come Sept 28!

Thor23x
09-01-2007, 18:47

Thanks!

Sorry Buddy But USF and just about every other team in the Big East has no chance against UofL go C-A-R-D-S !!!

Thor23x
09-01-2007, 18:49
Just for the record,

GO BLUE!

Hope UR not talking bout UK :mad:

bandycpa
09-01-2007, 19:21
Originally Posted by Thor23x:

Hope UR not talking bout UK

Not until basketball season. Then we'll talk about UK and that "other Kentucky team". :p

Bandy

clapdoc
09-01-2007, 21:22
Geaux LSU TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Reaper
09-01-2007, 21:45
Congrats to Appalachian State.

TR

AngryPistols
09-01-2007, 22:45
... we will be looking at another national title run, and that wouldn't be a bad way to go out as this is my last year here at Texas. ...
Go Longhorns!

We better get our game up a level or two because we looked terrible tonight!

Go Horns!

letinsh
09-01-2007, 23:15
I'm with echoes- BOOMER SOONER! :lifter
Born in Norman, I bleed Crimson.

Roguish Lawyer
09-02-2007, 10:35
I hate Michigan.

That is all. Good day.

How do you feel about Georgia Tech? :munchin

JMI
09-02-2007, 13:15
We're seeing the effects of Willingham's poor recruiting. Not many seniors are starting or contributing. Nice to see you're still preoccupied with how Notre Dame does each week. I think you're a closet fan. :D

Could be worse. GT could have been I-AA. Doh.

Achilles
09-02-2007, 18:30
I was at the Texas game yesterday, and yes... we looked VERY sloppy. TCU beat OU last year and it looks like they are going to beat us this year if we don't get our ---- together. Mack better be making the guys do bear crawls after that! At least Arkansas State wasn't 1-AA...

We're seeing the effects of Willingham's poor recruiting. Not many seniors are starting or contributing. Nice to see you're still preoccupied with how Notre Dame does each week. I think you're a closet fan. :D

Could be worse. GT could have been I-AA. Doh.

ND is typically overrated... When is the last time they won a bowl game?

JMI
09-03-2007, 07:14
ND is typically overrated... When is the last time they won a bowl game?
I remember the times when Texas was considered overrated, and one good year with Vince Young and they come back out of the word work. :D But hey, being a ND fan comes with a need for a thick skin - losing 9 straight college bowl games will do that. Lets face it, fans and commentators are always preoccupied with Notre Dame football. Every season. Every week. Every game.

:lifter

Roguish Lawyer
09-03-2007, 10:11
LOL, from today's LA Times:

The good news is that, after a trip to Penn State this week, Notre Dame gets to play at Michigan.

Or maybe that's the good news for Michigan.

Thor23x
09-03-2007, 13:08
Not until basketball season. Then we'll talk about UK and that "other Kentucky team". :p

Bandy

That other Kentucky team? You mean the NCAA 2007 Collage Football Champs! Yea, get your facts straight. ;) Go Cards!

RTK
09-03-2007, 13:16
That other Kentucky team? You mean the NCAA 2007 Collage Football Champs! Yea, get your facts straight. ;) Go Cards!

Thanks for stopping by. You didn't heed TR's advice. Now you'll have to pay the consequence.

Too late.

There is an actual sticky and it says people of your age are not encouraged to post.

I will tell you now, do not post on this board again till you turn 17.

Next time you do, you had better be using a spelling and grammar checker.

Out.

TR

Good luck. This is gonna suck for you.

Thor23x
09-03-2007, 13:32
Thanks for stopping by. You didn't heed TR's advice. Now you'll have to pay the consequence.

Good luck. This is gonna suck for you.

This isn't even a military discussion, we're talking about sports, and you're going to get me hammered?

Roguish Lawyer
09-03-2007, 13:34
This isn't even a military discussion, we're talking about sports, and you're going to get me hammered?

RTK had nothing got do with it. If you can't follow simple instructions on a message board, how do you think you will fare in more challenging environments?

booker
09-03-2007, 15:24
:munchin

RTK
09-03-2007, 17:37

I didn't get you hammered. You hammered yourself.

Failure to Follow Simple Instructions is one thing.

Getting lippy with someone who could be your commander if you ever decide to join the Army is another.

The post said do not post on this board. You are now spotlighted.

The Reaper
09-03-2007, 18:34

Since you were fairly warned, repeatedly, and you still couldn't follow simple instructions, you can't say you weren't told.

Clearly, you think we want to read your juvenile comments, and the only way to get you to be quiet and read only is to cut you off, so there you have it.

You can now read quietly, and serve as an object lesson for other kids.

Good luck in another branch, and on some other board.

TR

tremp
09-03-2007, 19:20
How about some more football, gentlemen?

I'd like to remind you all about one of the underdogs in the Top 25---Rutgers! We haven't been a football powerhouse since 1869 when the first college game was played between Rutgers and Princeton:

http://http://www.scarletknights.com/football/history/first-game.asp

We had a great season last year and hope for the same this year.

Go Scarlet Knights!

By the way, go Appalachian State....what a great win over Michigan!

Maytime
09-03-2007, 22:42
Go Idaho!

They didn't do half bad against USC for being one of the worst teams in the US. GO VANDALS!

Roguish Lawyer
09-04-2007, 10:47
Go Idaho!

They didn't do half bad against USC for being one of the worst teams in the US. GO VANDALS!

Yep, beat the spread easily! Good game.

linedoc
09-04-2007, 14:37

Sooner born and Sooner bred, when I die I'll be Sooner dead!

How bout that "half a hundred"? The new guys are posting some good starting numbers, hopefully they can stick with it and hang in there under some pressure. I remember the last time a season started like this.....ended in Miami:cool:

P.S.- Everyone bleeds Crimson:eek: I guess deep down, everyone's a Sooner Fan!

Bill Harsey
09-04-2007, 15:18
Speaking of the big "M", Oregon plays there this weekend.

go ducks. :D

Roguish Lawyer
09-04-2007, 15:42

More PAC-10 dominance! Go Ducks!

RTK
09-04-2007, 16:43
Sooner
P.S.- Everyone bleeds Crimson:eek: I guess deep down, everyone's a Sooner Fan!

I thought that made them Washington State Cougar fans...

Weazle23
09-05-2007, 08:59
Congrats to Appalachian State.

TR

X2

Not as big of an upset, but Clemson did well in taking out FSU too.

I will always be a WSU Cougar fan though!! Scored 21 in a loss against 7th ranked Wisconsin, but oh well.

echoes
09-06-2007, 08:32
Sooner born and Sooner bred, when I die I'll be Sooner dead!

How bout that "half a hundred"? The new guys are posting some good starting numbers, hopefully they can stick with it and hang in there under some pressure. I remember the last time a season started like this.....ended in Miami

P.S.- Everyone bleeds Crimson: I guess deep down, everyone's a Sooner Fan!

Doc,

You know it! :lifter I want us and LSU, at the end! Will see...

letinsh:

Rock On! :lifter

Holly

Counsel
09-06-2007, 09:10
[Could be worse. GT could have been I-AA. Doh.[/QUOTE]

Uncalled for low blow.

Still believe. Go BLUE

Roguish Lawyer
09-08-2007, 15:23

They are having a hell of a first half. GO DUCKS! lol

RTK
09-08-2007, 15:29
They are having a hell of a first half. GO DUCKS! lol

RL,

It appears that Michigan and Notre Dame will play next week with a combined record of 0-4. That's too good to be true :D

Roguish Lawyer
09-08-2007, 15:32
RL,

It appears that Michigan and Notre Dame will play next week with a combined record of 0-4. That's too good to be true :D

And yet the game will get good ratings anyway . . . :rolleyes:

So, do they fire Lloyd Carr before the season ends? :munchin

RTK
09-08-2007, 16:05
And yet the game will get good ratings anyway . . . :rolleyes:

So, do they fire Lloyd Carr before the season ends? :munchin

My question is whether they fire him before the Ohio State game or not. He looks pretty dejected on that sideline....

Roguish Lawyer
09-08-2007, 16:51
I wish I could watch the game. I'm at the office all day. But there is ESPN GameCast . . .

Roguish Lawyer
09-08-2007, 17:04
Final score, Oregon 39 - Michigan 7!!!!

LMAO

PAC-10 FOOTBALL, BABY!

:D

bandycpa
09-08-2007, 19:26
Another good day for PSU. The Nittany Lions worried me early when they gave up the interception return for a touchdown, but they settled down and had a fine game. Notre Dame having 0 rushing yards for the game is an absolutely amazing stat. Llinebacker U looked impressive.

Much better this year (31-10 PSU) than last year (41-17 ND).

Bandy

JMI
09-08-2007, 22:20
Jimmy C is not bad for a true Freshman going to Happy Valley with that crowd. PSU I thought started slow. How about that PR taking it to the house? That kid made some nifty moves after a flat out shoestring catch of the punt.

All in all I thought it could have been much, much worse. We need a DL and a RB. Never can win if you cannot run or stop the run.

Good game Bandy.

linedoc
09-09-2007, 03:04
Doc,

You know it! :lifter I want us and LSU, at the end! Will see...

Holly

LSU would be nice, but I want to tear up some other choice opponents...Some west coasters that I have a grudge against. Well of course after we beat Texas in the south and destroy whoever they put in the Big 12 game.:D

That new kid is looking pretty damn good, hell they are all looking really good. Two records, two games, 60 point average.

I think I need to find a job in the CSH, they have satellite TV...duh na na, duh na na.

bandycpa
09-09-2007, 05:52
Jimmy C is not bad for a true Freshman going to Happy Valley with that crowd. PSU I thought started slow. How about that PR taking it to the house? That kid made some nifty moves after a flat out shoestring catch of the punt.

All in all I thought it could have been much, much worse. We need a DL and a RB. Never can win if you cannot run or stop the run.

Good game Bandy.

Good game, JMI. I think Clausen will be a very good quarterback at ND after he gets some more experience. He looked cool under fire, that's for sure.

Good luck against Michigan next week. Soften them up for us for our game with them the week after.

Bandy

echoes
09-09-2007, 08:22
Well of course after we beat Texas in the south and destroy whoever they put in the Big 12 game.:D

Doc,

Them's fightin' words ya know!:D

I prefer to be humble about our success...for now. :o

Boomer Sooner!

Holly

Roguish Lawyer
09-09-2007, 08:52
I always like it when Miami gets crushed. Nice game by the Sooners.

Now it is Nebraska week . . .

POO
09-09-2007, 10:33
Grew up in west LA, life long SC fan. Fight On! Go Trojans!

Roguish Lawyer
09-09-2007, 10:43
Grew up in west LA, life long SC fan. Fight On! Go Trojans!

Hey, you're OK! :D

JMI
09-09-2007, 14:41
Browns fan? Check.

Notre Dame fan? Check.

Ohio State fan? Check.

This is too much to take this season, and I mean that seriously.

I was at the Linkin Park concert last night and I was hearing UNLV was beating Wisconson at 2:00. Now THAT would have made my weekend.

Wow, tough to be a fan right now. I have the Indians and Buckeyes left to support.

:eek:

Counsel
09-10-2007, 10:01
My question is whether they fire him before the Ohio State game or not. He looks pretty dejected on that sideline....

Carr should not be fired, he is MICHIGAN. Two games don’t make a season or a carrier.

Evidently the defense is much slower, specially the secondary, and the offense is not playing up to their capabilities. It comes down to every man in every unit doing their job, and doing it well.

Good thing Notre Dame is coming to the Big House. They bring a more or lees a "conventional stile" offense. That should help refocus the Michigan defense. Hopefully they will play more zone to help with their lack of speed. But their DE’s have to start putting pressure on the QB’s. That is the key for a zone defense. If that doesn’t happen it’s going to be an interesting afternoon.

ND's defense surrendered 33 points to Georgia and 31 points to Penn State. They are giving up 340.5 Yds/G, 252 Pass Yds and 429 Rush Yds per game. Against this defense Michigan should simplify their blocking schemes, formations and passing routs and just play Michigan football. Running over them north and south, mixing in some play action roll out passes, quick five step drop passes and some shotgun formation passes. They have to stretch that defense with the TE.

Remember, the Big Ten conference is still up for grabs and if they manage to win it, everybody will be saying what a great coach L. Carr is.

Still believe. Go BLUE.

Roguish Lawyer
09-10-2007, 11:47
Carr should not be fired, he is MICHIGAN. Two games don’t make a season or a carrier.

. . .

Remember, the Big Ten conference is still up for grabs and if they manage to win it, everybody will be saying what a great coach L. Carr is.

Still believe. Go BLUE.

LOL, good luck to your boy Carr. He's going to need a LOT of it.

RTK
09-10-2007, 11:56
LOL, good luck to your boy Carr. He's going to need a LOT of it.

Carr is 6-6 with Ohio State, 4-4 with Notre Dame, and 9-3 with Michigan State in his tenure. He's skating on thin ice.

Roguish Lawyer
09-10-2007, 12:06
Carr is 6-6 with Ohio State, 4-4 with Notre Dame, and 9-3 with Michigan State in his tenure. He's skating on thin ice.

I think actually he has fallen through the ice and is flailing around trying to climb out!

Counsel
09-10-2007, 12:41
I think actually he has fallen through the ice and is flailing around trying to climb out!

Remember that a National Championship supports a lot of weight.

Bill Harsey
09-10-2007, 12:50
Oregon Duck Mascot suspended for whuppin' on Houston Cougar during game.

Video on "you tube", should be easy to Google.

oh yeah, about that Michigan thing, go ducks.

Weazle23
09-11-2007, 14:07
I always like it when any Pac-10 team beats anybody else... in particular Miami and Michigan.

sg1987
09-12-2007, 04:44
Man, and I thought Georgia vs. Florida was intense....

"Texas Football Fan Nearly Castrated in Bar Fight in Oklahoma Bar"

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,296466,00.html

Counsel
09-12-2007, 09:10
"...football-crazed region..." That’s stating it lightly:eek:

Roguish Lawyer
09-12-2007, 11:34
Man, and I thought Georgia vs. Florida was intense....

"Texas Football Fan Nearly Castrated in Bar Fight in Oklahoma Bar"

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,296466,00.html

I think some guys must have moved out there from Philly . . .

linedoc
09-13-2007, 09:18
I remember when it was just enough to wear the "Tuck Fexas" T-shirts to Dallas, all the baby-poo orange folks would get butt hurt, but squeezing a guy until his beanbag pops is a new one. There's always been violence and vandalism (we used to strip our cars of OU items at away games due to vandalism), I think this one just "sticks out" due to the nature of the injury....

Boomer Sooner

echoes
09-14-2007, 09:55
"...football-crazed region..." That’s stating it lightly:eek:

And damn proud of it! :D

linedoc,
I remember those days as well...especially at OU Texas.

Boomer Sooner!

Roguish Lawyer
09-15-2007, 17:22
I hate Michigan.

That is all. Good day.

Especially after today's 38-0 loss, eh?

LMAO :D

bandycpa
09-15-2007, 17:40

Until today, I thought that Penn State would handle Michigan fairly easily. After Michigan's performance today, I think PSU/UM will be a very competitive game.

Penn State did what they were supposed to do today...beat Buffalo. Now, we get to go to Ann Arbor and test ourselves further while leading up to Wisconsin in a month and OSU in six weeks.

Bandy

Radar Rider
09-15-2007, 17:47

My grandmother's knitting team could beat Notre Dame, and she's dead. Ha ha. :rolleyes:

Counsel
09-17-2007, 08:52
I hate Michigan.

That is all. Good day.

LOL. That my friends is called Poetic Justice.

Still, I have to say, it was a nice practice for Big Blue. :D

But seriously, they truly needed that one. In today's college football it is very hard to shutout a team, no matter how lousy they are. Think about it. ND could not even manage at least a field goal. Charlie Weis has to be losing weight fast.

Let’s see if that game can refocus the team on the Big Ten Championship.

Still believe. GO BLUE.

JMI
09-18-2007, 07:25
LOL. That my friends is called Poetic Justice.

Your team lost to a Div 1-AA team, at home. There is and never will be poetic justice for that. Plus your team went from #5 to out of the top 25. :lifter

RTK
09-18-2007, 07:35
Your team lost to a Div 1-AA team, at home. There is and never will be poetic justice for that. Plus your team went from #5 to out of the top 25. :lifter

Ahh yes, the conscious justification in the mind of a Notre Dame fan. :p

Counsel
09-18-2007, 10:06

Interesting. Let me just point out that your team has not scored an offensive TD yet, and we are 3 games into the season. Your team has allowed a phenomenal 34.0 Pts/G. Oh yes, lets not forget the 38-0 whoop ass of last Saturday. And last but not least, the big 0-3.

Hey, I can deal with a loss to the 2 time Div. 1-AA Champs. I don’t like it, but I can deal with it. Can you deal with the 38-0, and the 0-3?

Have a nice day.

JMI
09-18-2007, 10:31
Interesting. Let me just point out that your team has not scored an offensive TD yet, and we are 3 games into the season. Your team has allowed a phenomenal 34.0 Pts/G. Oh yes, lets not forget the 38-0 whoop ass of last Saturday. And last but not least, the big 0-3.

Hey, I can deal with a loss to the 2 time Div. 1-AA Champs. I don’t like it, but I can deal with it. Can you deal with the 38-0, and the 0-3?

Have a nice day.

Alright Mr I Am Taking This Too Seriously: You beat a bad Notre Dame team. Have a great week of celebration, enjoy it. You certainly deserved it.

But nothing, and I mean nothing, has made my year like App State going into the Big House, playing the #5 team, getting paid $400K to take a loss, and then handing Meatchicken the worst lost in the history of Div-! Football.

Let me remind you that a Div 1-AA team has never, ever beat a Div 1-A team.

At least until the Michigan that is. :D

And yes, I can deal with this weeks loss. It is no tougher than the previous 2, and the next 5. Michigan really isn't that special this year, just like Notre Dame.

JMI
09-18-2007, 10:42

Not especially, no. We're pretty bad right now. I hate Michigan, so not only did they lose to App State, but they're going to lose to Ohio State as well. Would have been nice to beat them, but it is not expected we're going to win more than 3, maybe 5 games. The Notre Dame faithful understand the weak recruiting class Ty brought in. These are his 5th and 4th year Seniors, and his Juniors. The cupboard is bear from his time here. Brady Quinn and the rest of the last two years worth of players were Bob Davie holdovers that he never got credit for. Ty could not recruit, and he is not going to do much better at Washington. Notre Dame fans understand this.

So no, Saturday's loss is not special. But once again your continued irrational infatuation with my team is flattering. I cannot tell you how special it feels that you spend the time thinking about Notre Dame. :D

Counsel
09-18-2007, 11:43
Alright Mr I Am Taking This Too Seriously: You beat a bad Notre Dame team. Have a great week of celebration, enjoy it. You certainly deserved it.

But nothing, and I mean nothing, has made my year like App State going into the Big House, playing the #5 team, getting paid $400K to take a loss, and then handing Meatchicken the worst lost in the history of Div-! Football.

Let me remind you that a Div 1-AA team has never, ever beat a Div 1-A team.

At least until the Michigan that is. :D

And yes, I can deal with this weeks loss. It is no tougher than the previous 2, and the next 5. Michigan really isn't that special this year, just like Notre Dame.

Nothing has made your year like App State beating Michigan. Understandable, you haven’t won any games. Also, last weeks loss against Michigan wasn’t as tough as the ones before? Not even you believe that.

In any case, it is going to be a long season for both teams.

Bill Harsey
09-18-2007, 17:14
go ducks.

Sdiver
09-18-2007, 17:23
go ducks.

At least don't mess with their mascot......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_aaYih92ss

JMI
09-19-2007, 19:44
Nothing has made your year like App State beating Michigan..
How many batteries does it take to beat Michigan?

Just 1-AA.

lksteve
09-19-2007, 20:16
How many batteries does it take to beat Michigan? Just 1-AA.low...funny, but low...

echoes
09-20-2007, 14:03
Gentlemen,

On a happier note...Sooners, (3-0), will be taking on the Golden Hurricane of the University of Tulsa tomorrow...it has been awhile! :p

Go Sooners!!!

Holly

o.k., back to reading about Michigan and Notre Dame...;) Luv It!

clapdoc
09-20-2007, 21:31
LSU plays South Carolina at 2:30 pm on Saturday, I hope the tropical storm will wait until the game is played.

Hey Guys, you all know that the SEC is the top confernce in the country.

Clapdoc sends.

gunnerjohn
09-20-2007, 21:53
go ducks.
I second that!!!

GO DUCKS!!!

linedoc
09-21-2007, 01:29
Gentlemen,

On a happier note...Sooners, (3-0), will be taking on the Golden Hurricane of the University of Tulsa tomorrow...it has been awhile! :p

Go Sooners!!!

Holly

o.k., back to reading about Michigan and Notre Dame...;) Luv It!

And I'm going to say 63-10, Sooners.:lifter

Boomer Sooner!

Counsel
09-21-2007, 08:27
How many batteries does it take to beat Michigan?

Just 1-AA.

Cute, funny and low. Here is the same.

Q: Where do you go to in Indiana when there is a chance of a tornado?
A: Notre Dame Stadium. I hear they never get a touchdown there!

I don’t dare ask if ND will win against the Spartans, but you think they can at least score a FG? I think its all about pride right now for them.

And that’s right, right now the SEC is the best all-round conference with speed in every facet of the game. Great football been played there.

Still believe. GO BLUE.

AGaillard
09-21-2007, 10:15
I live about 15 miles from Boone, N.C. That place has lost it's collective mind over App. St. this year. Back to back National Championships plus the win over Michigan and every home game is now sold out. The "Where is Ann Arbor?" and "Bet you know where Boone is now" tee shirts are great.

Since no one else has said it, Go Gators!!!!! They are good enough to repeat as well. Oct. 6th at LSU will be the game of the year.

JMI
09-21-2007, 11:52
Cute, funny and low.
Low? We're talking trash and keeping it civil. But I have been pretty good about taking it on the chin about ND here for the last few years - don't remember calling anyone low. But Okay, I will take it easy on the Wolverine fans from here on out - until the last week of the season that is. :D

Seriously, all in fun. I have had to grow a thick skin on this board as a Notre Dame fan. I need to remind myself there is a softer side to college football. :confused::p

Counsel
09-21-2007, 12:46
Low? We're talking trash and keeping it civil. But I have been pretty good about taking it on the chin about ND here for the last few years - don't remember calling anyone low. But Okay, I will take it easy on the Wolverine fans from here on out - until the last week of the season that is. :D

Seriously, all in fun. I have had to grow a thick skin on this board as a Notre Dame fan. I need to remind myself there is a softer side to college football. :confused::p

Listen, i know everything here, or at least most of it, is in good fun. And its true, we are keeping it quite civil, almost boring.

Viva Lou Holtz. Not really.

Saludos from the Caribbean.

GO BLUE.

Roguish Lawyer
09-21-2007, 16:16
Maybe if you two go get a room, you can forget about how bad your teams suck? :D

All in good fun, of course. ;)

LMAO

jatx
09-21-2007, 16:24
I'm hoping that Texas is able to tighten things up over the next few (easy) weeks, or this is going to be a long season. Achilles, would you please stop by Mack's office and convey my displeasure? :D

RTK
09-21-2007, 17:48
I don’t dare ask if ND will win against the Spartans, but you think they can at least score a FG? I think its all about pride right now for them.

Well let's make things real interesting. What if ND had Ditka?

Better yet, what if Ditka himself was playing Michigan State this weekend?

Ditka 227
Mich State -7 (Dey'd score a touchdown on demselves out of fear in 'da 1st quarter)

Roguish Lawyer
09-21-2007, 21:14

Ditka 227
Mich State -7 (Dey'd score a touchdown on demselves out of fear in 'da 1st quarter)

LOL

Sdiver
09-22-2007, 19:03

Ditka 227

...and Ditka wouldn't even have da play da second half.

clapdoc
09-22-2007, 19:42
#2 LSU 28
#12 SC 16

#3 FLORIDA 30
MISS 24

SEC had some great ballgames today, just finished watching Kentucky beat Arkansas. This was as good a ball as you will see anywhere. I hope to see LSU and USC play in an after season game.

Achilles
09-22-2007, 22:47
I'm hoping that Texas is able to tighten things up over the next few (easy) weeks, or this is going to be a long season. Achilles, would you please stop by Mack's office and convey my displeasure? :D

Absolutely...

I actually joke with my friends that I'm going to bring a rifle to the game and shoot a warning shot over Greg Davis's head the first time he runs that damned screen play (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about).

I'm happy to see we can actually SCORE on an opponent without struggling so much... How about Chiles? He's going to be wicked when (and if) he gets proficient at passing the ball.

However, I am still nervous about TX-OU. I'll be in Dallas for that.

JAGeorgia
09-24-2007, 12:39
Absolutely...

I actually joke with my friends that I'm going to bring a rifle to the game and shoot a warning shot over Greg Davis's head the first time he runs that damned screen play (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about).

I'm happy to see we can actually SCORE on an opponent without struggling so much... How about Chiles? He's going to be wicked when (and if) he gets proficient at passing the ball.

However, I am still nervous about TX-OU. I'll be in Dallas for that.

GO SOONERS :munchin

linedoc
09-24-2007, 13:01
GO SOONERS :munchin

:lifter:lifter

Bill Harsey
09-24-2007, 13:08
At Stanford last saturday night: Stanford 31, Oregon 55

not that Sooner fans care...

...go ducks.

Counsel
09-24-2007, 13:12
All together now:

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
the leaders and best
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
the champions of the West!

Penn St. just received a good dose of Hart. No one saw this coming, right - 44 times for 153 yards and one touchdown. The defense also stepped up. Penn St. was held without a touchdown. They also forced two fumbles and held the Lions to 101 rushing yards.

Next stop Northwestern. :lifter

GO BLUE.

Counsel
09-24-2007, 13:17
I haven’t had time to look, so how did Notre Dame do last Saturday? LOL

My apologies but I couldn’t resist.

bandycpa
09-24-2007, 15:22
All together now:

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
the leaders and best
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,

Penn St. just received a good dose of Hart. No one saw this coming, right - 44 times for 153 yards and one touchdown. The defense also stepped up. Penn St. was held without a touchdown. They also forced two fumbles and held the Lions to 101 rushing yards.

Next stop Northwestern. :lifter

GO BLUE.

I was hoping we could break the losing streak against you all, but it just wasn't meant to be this time. From what I've seen, Hart looked spectacular. Of course, if you guys keep running him 44 times a game, he might not be around toward the end of the season (see Ricky Williams...former Saint and Dolphin, Toronto Argonauts running back, NORML member).

We'll get you next time.

Bandy

Roguish Lawyer
09-24-2007, 16:33
I haven’t had time to look, so how did Notre Dame do last Saturday? LOL

My apologies but I couldn’t resist.

All is forgiven, my son. :D ;)

Counsel
09-25-2007, 07:33
All is forgiven, my son. :D ;)

Thank you, father.:munchin

Where are all the Ohio State fans? Maybe under water.

Coaches Jim Tressel and Lloyd Carr are walking down the beach talking about the rivalry between Ohio State and Michigan. As they are walking, Lloyd trips over something in the sand. Upon closer inspection it turns out to be a genie’s lamp. “Who disturbs me?” asked the genie. Jim and Lloyd both say they did. “You will each get one wish,” said the genie. Jim offers to go first. “I want an impenetrable wall built around the entire state of Ohio so that none of those stupid Michiganders can ever get in. I want it as far down into the ground as it is high and I want it to be completely sealed in so that we can finally have our peace!” The genie grants the wish to Jim and his is instantly whisked away to his new paradise. The genie now tells Lloyd he’ll grant him one wish. Lloyd says, “Fill it with water.”

Bring it on baby:cool:

GO BLUE

JMI
09-25-2007, 08:05
1-5 vs Tressel, Counsel. 1 and 5. :lifter

See ya Nov 17th in Ann Arbor.

And for the first time ND actually had positive yards rushing (169 yds) and actually ran it in to the endzone - the first two scores of the season.

Remaining games for Notre Dame:
@ Purdue
@ UCLA
Boston College
USC
Navy
Air Force
Duke
@ Stanford

Yikes! :eek:

RTK
09-25-2007, 17:47

And for the first time ND actually had positive yards rushing (169 yds) and actually ran it in to the endzone - the first two scores of the season.

@ Purdue
@ UCLA
Boston College
USC
Navy
Air Force
Duke
@ Stanford

Well, they should be able to beat Duke, so you got that going for you.:D

Counsel
09-26-2007, 08:18

@ Purdue
@ UCLA
Boston College
USC
Navy
Air Force
Duke
@ Stanford

1-5 Yes, but those games are in the past baby. They don’t count for this season, thank God.

The only important game is the next one. That been said, Northwestern better be ready for some good old fashioned North and South up the middle Michigan football. I’m just praying the M. defense keeps the intensity it showed Penn St.

Hey, that Blue Devil offense looks mighty impressive. Think ND stands a chance? I see their offense is on a role now, they just scored their first 2 TD’s of the season. :D About freaking time.

JMI
09-27-2007, 21:54
The only important game is the next one. That been said, Northwestern better be ready for some good old fashioned North and South up the middle Michigan football. I’m just praying the M. defense keeps the intensity it showed Penn St.
Hope is not a method son.

Have fun with the mediocre M season, and while I am taking it on the chin this year as a ND fan please remember your team was 1) supposed to challenge for the Natl Championship, and 2) barely challenging for a Big Ten Championship, and 3) have a coach that is 1-5 against Ohio State.

1 and 5? Are you kidding me?

RTK
09-28-2007, 04:18
I’m just praying the M. defense keeps the intensity it showed Penn St.

Look how far praying has gotten the Notre Dame fans....:D

Roguish Lawyer
09-28-2007, 10:06
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,

You missed the Rose Bowl, right? :D

Counsel
09-28-2007, 13:05
Look how far praying has gotten the Notre Dame fans....:D

With a defense like Michigan's, praying is all there is left.

Counsel
09-28-2007, 13:26
Hope is not a method son.

Have fun with the mediocre M season, and while I am taking it on the chin this year as a ND fan please remember your team was 1) supposed to challenge for the Natl Championship, and 2) barely challenging for a Big Ten Championship, and 3) have a coach that is 1-5 against Ohio State.

1 and 5? Are you kidding me?

But Hope is the last thing you lose, Dad.

True on all counts. But let me remind you once again that 1) ND is supposed to challenge for the Nat. Championship every year; 2) ND this year is not even challenging for the Pewee Football Championship; and 3) C. Weis is 0-2 in Bowl games and ND is 0-9 in its last straight Bowl games.

But hey, enjoy your season. :D

Saludos desde el Caribe.

Counsel
09-28-2007, 13:28
You missed the Rose Bowl, right? :D

Somehow we did. Go figure.

JMI
09-29-2007, 15:54
This is a very wierd season. Oklahoma loses to Colorado. West Virginia loses to South Florida. Penn State loses to Illinois. Notre Dame is 0-5. The only thing consistent is Michigan sux. :D

Nah, just messing around. I know how sensitive the Michican't fans can be. :eek:

Roguish Lawyer
09-29-2007, 16:21
Penn State loses to Illinois.

I am not that surprised by this, and I mean no disrespect to Penn State. Zook had an outstanding recruiting class. I expect Illinois to be very tough within another year or two.

Goggles Pizano
09-29-2007, 18:23
I am not that surprised by this, and I mean no disrespect to Penn State. Zook had an outstanding recruiting class. I expect Illinois to be very tough within another year or two.

None taken RL. This is JoePa at his worst-loyal to a fault. Morelli clearly cannot handle the pressure of the position yet each week Joe starts him. Story of our season. Feels like every season! :(

bandycpa
09-29-2007, 18:46
None taken RL. This is JoePa at his worst-loyal to a fault. Morelli clearly cannot handle the pressure of the position yet each week Joe starts him. Story of our season. Feels like every season! :(

It does feel kind of familiar. High hopes in the beginning dashed to pieces toward midseason (followed by an invite to the Blockbuster Bowl). It's still better than it was a few years ago when we could barely win 4 or 5 games a year.

I do miss Michael Robinson, though. Heck, I miss Todd Blackledge at this point.

Bandy

echoes
09-30-2007, 13:57
At Stanford last saturday night: Stanford 31, Oregon 55

not that Sooner fans care...

...go ducks.

Sir,

I care!!! Anything that means something to You...for You are Awesome!:lifter

And well, my Sooners didn't "strap it on tight enough" for CO.

So on we rock! :o

Holly

linedoc
10-02-2007, 07:47
I just found out this morning about my Sooners losing :( Oh well, maybe it will open up their eyes a bit and they can focus on playing some good football when they take on Texas. I wish I had a place to watch the game, it's sure to be one hell of a match with both teams coming off of hard losses.

echoes
10-06-2007, 17:26
Welp, OU Sooners prevailed in the Famous Red River Battle over Texas!

Yee-Haw!:)

Holly

bandycpa
10-06-2007, 18:49
Well, two good things from today:

1) Penn State is back on the winning track (27-7 over Iowa).

2) The Illini, who we lost to last week, appear to be for real by beating #5 Wisconsin. That makes me feel somewhat better about losing to Illinois (but not much).

Onward to Wisconsin next week.

Bandy

CosaNostraUSMC
10-06-2007, 20:48
USC just lost to Stanford 24-21. If I'm not mistaken, USC's loss this evening, coupled with other upsets around College football today, just might have put CAL in the #1 ranking.

clapdoc
10-06-2007, 22:04
Gotta brag

L S U 27

FLORIDA 23

This was one of the best college games I have ever watched.

JMI
10-06-2007, 22:05
Lots of top teams being dropped by unranked teams this year: Michigan, Georgia, Auburn, Penn State, West Virginia, Oklahoma, Florida, Texas, Rutgers, Clemson - and now Wisconsin and USC.

We're talking about top 5 and top 10 teams being dropped by unranked schools.

Tavita Pritchard threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Mark Bradford on fourth-and-goal with 49 seconds remaining Saturday night, giving the 41-point underdog Cardinal a 24-23 victory over No. 2 Southern California

I am truly not surprised USC lost. Although I was surprised they were not upset last week. Impressive that they had such a long winning streak at home, last losing there in 2001 to, of course, Stanford. Although USC has not been playing well this year, losing to Stanford - who was playing their 1st road game and have been getting plastered by the Pac 10 151-41 - is a huge upset. USC has to drop out of the top 10 for sure.

Wisconsin didn't surprise me either. They as overrated as USC.

The BUCKEYES keep rolling along, as they played a pretty prolific Purdue offense and shut that O down. Great defense on that OHIO STATE team!!

And the IRISH are off the snide with an impressive victory @ UCLA! Still cannot run or pass the frickin' ball, but I will take it. USC beware :D

The Florida @ LSU game was definitely one of the best of the season. Two very impressive programs with lots and lots of speed and size. Good win for the Tigers, and now Florida is saddled with 2 losses.

LSU, California and OHIO STATE should be 1-2-3 this week.

GO BUCKEYES!
GO IRISH!

(Now if they Browns can topple the Patriots, and the Indians can sweep the Yankees, this will be my best sports weekend as a fan in a long time.)

GO TRIBE!
GO BROWNS!

JMI
10-06-2007, 22:12
The guys on ESPN are saying the Stanford upset of USC is bigger than Appalachian State over Michigan. I tend to agree. That USC team looked pretty bad on both sides of the ball, but I have to agree this is an upset they will be talking about for a long time!

How fun can it be in Los Angeles right about now? Notre Dame and Stanford come to town and upset both teams! :D :lifter

Goggles Pizano
10-07-2007, 08:49
Anyone call RL to make sure all rooftop doors in SC are padlocked? :)

Roguish Lawyer
10-07-2007, 10:02
Anyone call RL to make sure all rooftop doors in SC are padlocked? :)

LOL -- good precaution to take. I went to the game. Ugh. We suck. At least UCLA lost, I guess . . . :rolleyes:

echoes
10-07-2007, 17:21
LOL -- good precaution to take. I went to the game. Ugh. We suck. At least UCLA lost, I guess . . . :rolleyes:

RL Sir, just remember...

The Hottest women on the planet are in L.A., so you're okay...They will come after you! !:D

gunnerjohn
10-07-2007, 23:50
AP Top 25
1. LSU (65) 6-0 1,625
2. California 5-0 1,538
3. Ohio State 6-0 1,511
4. Boston College 6-0 1,346
5. South Florida 5-0 1,339
6. Oklahoma 5-1 1,221
7. South Carolina 5-1 1,183
8. West Virginia 5-1 1,059
9. Oregon 4-1 1,047
10. USC 4-1 1,024
11. Missouri 5-0 966
12. Virginia Tech 5-1 910
13. Florida 4-2 822
14. Arizona State 6-0 752
15. Cincinnati 6-0 705
16. Hawaii 6-0 634
17. Kentucky 5-1 612
18. Illinois 5-1 595
19. Wisconsin 5-1 551
20. Kansas 5-0 336
21. Florida State 4-1 307
22. Auburn 4-2 248
23. Texas 4-2 136
24. Georgia 4-2 131
25. Tennessee 3-2 90

Never thought I'd see my Ducks above the Trojans, and it is a glorious thing!

JMI
10-08-2007, 00:21
How about SOUTH FLORIDA ranked in the top 5?

Top team in the conference. Less than 15 years as a program.
Very Cool.

The Hottest women on the planet are in L.A.
Ever been to Vegas?

Counsel
10-08-2007, 08:35
What the f%^&? Did ND just post a win? Hallelujah. Welcome to the win column.

On another subject, this has to be one of the more fun seasons in College Football history. Cali, BC, South Florida, Oregon, Misso., Cincinnati, Hawaii, Kentucky and freaking Kansas are top 25. Upsets everywhere and LSU is still kicking butt.

What about Illi? Looks like those guys are for real. SEC speed at the Big Ten, about time. Will have to see how they handle the cold weather.

STILL BELIEVE.
GO BLUE.

Bill Harsey
10-13-2007, 17:00
Saturday, 13 October. Autzen Stadium, Eugene, Oregon:

University of Oregon 53, Washington State 7

Go Ducks!

CosaNostraUSMC
10-13-2007, 17:13
Joe McKnight had a big game for USC.

13 ATT for 75 YDS, AVG 5.8/carry.
1 REC for 4 YDS.
2 PUNT RETURNS for 49 YDS, AVG 24.5.

I mean, the guy wasn't stellar stellar, but he showed heart, had exceptional field vision and cutbacks, and explosively deceptive speed.

IMHO, he'll be better for the Trojans than Reggie Bush was.

SC's Off. line was on it today as well. About time they showed up for work.

S. Florida...WTF?!?! I was thinking the same thing.

bandycpa
10-13-2007, 17:47
Penn State continues to run on the comeback trail...38-7 over Wisconsin.

Rodney Kinlaw had a second straight 100-yard game, and Morelli was good as well. Defense did well as always.

Next week, Indiana. Then, Ohio State.

Bandy

JMI
10-13-2007, 20:56
Good day to be an Oregon fan!

So LSU loses to Kentucky, and once again a NON-RANKED team knocks off a top 5 team, this time California.

So #1 and #2 fall today, which means THE Ohio State University moves into the #1 spot. Go Buckeyes!

Ohio State has Michi St, @ Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois, and @ Michigan to finish up. Not an easy stretch, and the way this season is going, who knows what can happen.

And Notre Dame needs to sit Clausen and play Evan Sharpley. They played less than suckage against the #4 team in the country.

Crazy, crazy season for teams at the top of the polls. Season of the upset!

Roguish Lawyer
10-14-2007, 08:14
Joe McKnight had a big game for USC.

13 ATT for 75 YDS, AVG 5.8/carry.
1 REC for 4 YDS.
2 PUNT RETURNS for 49 YDS, AVG 24.5.

I mean, the guy wasn't stellar stellar, but he showed heart, had exceptional field vision and cutbacks, and explosively deceptive speed.

IMHO, he'll be better for the Trojans than Reggie Bush was.

SC's Off. line was on it today as well. About time they showed up for work.

S. Florida...WTF?!?! I was thinking the same thing.

I thought they totally sucked. Then again, four of the five OL guys who started the first game are injured, and some of the backups are too . . . :boohoo

echoes
10-14-2007, 12:49
Welp, one more down...Mizzou! 41-31 in the end. I liked Bradford's quote the best about he game.

"It just shows a lot about our offensive linemen and our running backs. It just shows that they're willing to go after it for four quarters," said Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, who came in as the nation's top-rated passer.

"I think eventually we may have wore them down a little bit just getting after them, and it just got going in the fourth quarter."
Sam Bradford, OU Quarterback.

After the CO loss, I think we finally have our heads on, and are stapping it on tight! :D We will see with Iowa St. next.

Boomer Sooner!
Holly

clapdoc
10-14-2007, 18:01
It was a sad day yesterday when LSU lost. This just shows that the SEC is a very tough conference to play in. Sometime I feel like we eat our own before they get to play the rest of the great teams.

Clapdoc sends.

Counsel
10-15-2007, 08:17
Oh yea baby!

The Big Blue is officially back at the top 25. Next stop, the Fighting Illini.

STILL BELIEVE.

GO BLUE. :lifter

JMI
10-15-2007, 13:43
BCS STANDINGS

Team BCS Avg.

1. Ohio State 0.9416
2. South Florida 0.9200
3. Boston College 0.8906
4. LSU 0.8400
5. Oklahoma 0.7623
6. South Carolina 0.7432
7. Kentucky 0.6833
8. Arizona State 0.6831
9. West Virginia 0.6624
10. Oregon 0.6369
11. Virginia Tech 0.6298
12. California 0.6000
13. Kansas 0.5170
14. Southern California 0.4724
15. Florida 0.4352
16. Missouri 0.3818
17. Auburn 0.3373
18. Hawaii 0.2841
19. Virginia 0.2290
20. Georgia 0.2244
21. Tennessee 0.1953
22. Texas 0.1799
23. Cincinnati 0.1192
24. Texas Tech 0.1052
25. Michigan 0.0783

echoes
10-15-2007, 14:22
JMI,

Hope the BCS gets posted every week... Since this is such a volatile year, I think the top 5 will switch even next week... We'll see.

Thanks for posting this.

Holly

Counsel
10-15-2007, 15:22
Hey hey, where's ND in the BCS? Oh that’s right, not there, the injustice. :cool:

Keep the faith JMI, the sun will rise tomorrow.

JMI
10-15-2007, 18:52
Hey hey, where's ND in the BCS? Oh that’s right, not there, the injustice. :cool:

Keep the faith JMI, the sun will rise tomorrow.
I am not a bandwagon fan, but thanks for your support.

See you in November.

Roguish Lawyer
10-15-2007, 20:34
I must say that I am surprised I am not getting the abuse I deserve. :)

jatx
10-15-2007, 22:09
I must say that I am surprised I am not getting the abuse I deserve. :)

Misery loves company, bud. Strange days.

lksteve
10-16-2007, 18:47
I must say that I am surprised I am not getting the abuse I deserve. You've never heard of the grey man approach, have you...? Be grateful and crawl back under your rock...:D

JMI
10-17-2007, 20:56
NOTRE DAME (1-6) vs. #13/9 USC (5-1)

DATE: Saturday, October 20, 2007
TIME: 3:43 p.m. ET
SITE (CAPACITY): Notre Dame Stadium (80,795); Notre Dame, Ind.

Notre Dame leads the series 42-31

Goggles Pizano
10-18-2007, 06:55
JMI, preparing for your "L" this early? :D

Roguish Lawyer
10-18-2007, 07:02
NOTRE DAME (1-6) vs. #13/9 USC (5-1)

DATE: Saturday, October 20, 2007
TIME: 3:43 p.m. ET
SITE (CAPACITY): Notre Dame Stadium (80,795); Notre Dame, Ind.

Notre Dame leads the series 42-31

Sold my two tickets to the game for $820. :lifter:D

JMI
10-18-2007, 13:35
JMI, preparing for your "L" this early? :D

We're wearing our Green Jerseys, so that alone should have them shaking in their boots. :D

A little history behind the series:

IRISH - TROJANS SERIES HISTORY

This rivalry began in 1926, when legendary Irish head coach Knute Rockne became the first Midwestern coach to take a team to the West Coast (Notre Dame won that game, 13-12) and the teams have meet every season since (taking 1943-45 off due to travel restrictions during World War II).

Notre Dame has won eight Associated Press national titles while USC has won five.

The Irish have been selected as a national champion by at least one legitimate poll in 19 seasons, USC lists 16 such campaigns.

Notre Dame began the 2007 season second on the all-time winning percentage and total victories lists. USC is not far behind in ninth and 10th place, respectively.

Instantly recognizable coaches have stalked the sidelines for each team. Knute Rockne, Frank Leahy, Ara Parseghian, Dan Devine, Lou Holtz and Charlie Weis for Notre Dame. Howard Jones, John McKay, John Robinson and Pete Carroll for USC.

This meeting will be the 79th all-time meeting in NCAA college football's top intersectional rivalry. USC has each of the past five meetings and eight of 11 overall. The Trojans' five-game winning streak is tied for their longest in series history. USC also won five straight from 1978-82. Notre Dame's longest winning streak is 11 meetings from 1983-93

I am putting this game on Upset Alert for PS.com :p

Here come the IRISH!!!

WhiskeyBoarder
10-18-2007, 13:42
I haven’t posted often and have instead reserved my right to quietly lurk and learn…

HOWEVER… I did post a few times on this particular thread prior to the kick-off of the season and I figured this would be the perfect time to pick back up on the topic at hand, because it’s the opportune occasion to really encourage y’all to switch periodically from the baseball game tonight to ESPN and catch up on my university:

The number 2 ranked University of South Florida Bulls. Remember these names: George Selvie, Tyrone Mackenzie, Ben Moffitt, Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams… all on our D, all going to be playing prominently on Sundays.

Again, I encourage y’all to check us out.

Thanks.

Counsel
10-18-2007, 14:09
We're wearing our Green Jerseys, so that alone should have them shaking in their boots. :D

Here come the IRISH!!!

LOL. What a great sense of humor JMI.

GO BLUE BABY

JMI
10-18-2007, 21:53
LOL. What a great sense of humor JMI.

GO BLUE BABY

Counsel, all the Div-A teams that lose to Div-AA teams should really refrain from smack talk. (Hint - you're the only one that qualifies, okay hero?)

Your team was ranked 2nd - 2nd in the Nation - and fell all the way out of the Top 25. Not only that, your team is the first Div-A team in the HISTORY OF THE NCAA to lose to a Div-AA. Now don't get me wrong I love the smack I take as a Notre Dame fan because it comes with the territory.

But dude, you lost to a team that is a player or two from being DIV-III, so I am not impressed with your 25th ranking.

My team is losing with freshman and sophmore kids playing. Your team is chock full of Senior and Junior choke artists lead by the leader of chokers - Lloyd "I can't win againt Ohio State" Carr.

Stifle your smack talk about Michigan kiddo. I have researched the NCAA and cannot find a team that was favored to be in the BCS National Championship Game only to fall COMPLETELY OUT OF THE TOP 25.

So, be honest, are you're happy to be @ #25 in the BCS giving the #2 ranking in the preseason? Is that what Michigan fans have accepted for success now? Being ranked at the absolute bottom? Think about that for a second when you ask where Notre Dame is, a team not ranked anywhere near Michigan. Point the finger at rebuilding Notre Dame all you want, it doesn't change the fact that your team is in the Chick Fila Bowl, kid. (Here is a hint: When you get inside the top 10, talk smack. If not, start beating Div-AA teams and work your where up from there. )

And when you beat the Buckeyes in Novemeber you can talk. Until then your team is left wanting, as usual. What's Carr's record against Jimmy T? 1-6?

That's what I thought.

Counsel
10-19-2007, 11:56
Counsel, all the Div-A teams that lose to Div-AA teams should really refrain from smack talk. (Hint - you're the only one that qualifies, okay hero?)

You know, you are demeaning all Div-AA programs with your comments.

Your team was ranked 2nd - 2nd in the Nation - and fell all the way out of the Top 25. Not only that, your team is the first Div-A team in the HISTORY OF THE NCAA to lose to a Div-AA.

And coming back strong Baby.

But dude, you lost to a team that is a player or two from being DIV-III, so I am not impressed with your 25th ranking.

Um, no. App. State was the 2005 and 2006 Div. AA Champs.

My team is losing with freshman and sophmore kids playing. Your team is chock full of Senior and Junior choke artists lead by the leader of chokers - Lloyd "I can't win againt Ohio State" Carr.

Stifle your smack talk about Michigan kiddo. I have researched the NCAA and cannot find a team that was favored to be in the BCS National Championship Game only to fall COMPLETELY OUT OF THE TOP 25.

So, be honest, are you're happy to be @ #25 in the BCS giving the #2 ranking in the preseason? Is that what Michigan fans have accepted for success now? Being ranked at the absolute bottom? Think about that for a second when you ask where Notre Dame is, a team not ranked anywhere near Michigan. Point the finger at rebuilding Notre Dame all you want, it doesn't change the fact that your team is in the Chick Fila Bowl, kid. (Here is a hint: When you get inside the top 10, talk smack. If not, start beating Div-AA teams and work your where up from there. )

Now, this is just to much anger for your own good.

And when you beat the Buckeyes in Novemeber you can talk. Until then your team is left wanting, as usual. What's Carr's record against Jimmy T? 1-6?

If, and granted it is a big IF, we win on November 17 my "talk" will be turned up a notch or 10. But first the Fighting Illini, which is a big hurdle.

STILL BELIEVE BABY
GO BLUE

JMI
10-19-2007, 18:48
You know, you are demeaning all Div-AA programs with your comments.

Who the heck is Wofford? APPALACHIAN STATE
Michigan Won 34-32
Sep 8 Lenoir-Rhyne Won 48-7
Sep 15 Northern Arizona Won 34-21
Sep 22 Wofford Lost 31-42
Sep 29 Elon Won 49-32
Oct 6 Gardner-Webb Won 45-7
Oct 20 Georgia Southern 3:30pm
Oct 27 Furman 3:00pm
Nov 3 The Citadel 2:00pm
Nov 10 Western Carolina 3:30pm
Nov 17 Chattanooga

WOFFORD
Georgetown (Ky.) Home W, 38-21
Sept. 8 Charleston Southern Home W, 52-24
Sept. 15 at North Carolina State L, 38-17
Sept. 22 Appalachian State* W, 42-31
Sept. 29 at Furman* GREENVILLE, S.C. W, 45-20
Oct. 6 at The Citadel* ( W, 28-7
Oct. 13 Gardner-Webb Home W, 52-17
Oct. 20 Elon* Home 1:30
Oct. 25 at Western Carolina* 7:30
Nov. 3 Georgia Southern* 1:30
Nov. 10 at Chattanooga*

Oh thats right, they're the team that beat Appalachian State.

Nice to have an Ohio State vs Michigan rivalry on the board Counsel. All in fun.

Can't wait until:
Nov 17 @Michigan 12:00pm

JMI
10-19-2007, 18:50
Oct 20 Southern Cal. @ NOTRE DAME 3:30pm

I am calling upset! You heard it here first.

RTK
10-19-2007, 19:07
I am calling upset! You heard it here first.

...probably the last place you'll hear it too! :D

JMI
10-19-2007, 19:31
...probably the last place you'll hear it too! :D
LOL.

Seriously, write it down.

Not only the Green Jersey's, but the YELLOW PANTS!

Like Lou Holtz says: "Notre Dame does not lose at home."

Well I don't care who you are, but when Lou Holtz says Notre Dame is not losing at home, you take that to the bank.

Notre Dame is having a bad season, and USC has to pay!

GO IRISH!!!

echoes
10-20-2007, 14:19
Holy Cow did we look off today...But, we still eeked out a victory!;)

Love my Sooners!!!

Holly

Boomer Sooner!!!

Roguish Lawyer
10-20-2007, 17:22
LOL.

Not only the Green Jersey's, but the YELLOW PANTS!

Well I don't care who you are, but when Lou Holtz says Notre Dame is not losing at home, you take that to the bank.

Notre Dame is having a bad season, and USC has to pay!

GO IRISH!!!

Nice game.

bandycpa
10-20-2007, 18:49
PSU 36 IU 31

I thought we had a good game. My fear was that we would overlook Indiana in anticipation of the Buckeyes next week.

Morelli did well this week, and we had a good balance between run & pass.

Looking forward to OSU at Happy Valley.

Bandy

JMI
10-20-2007, 20:26
Pathetic. Notre Dame is breaking all kinds of records this season. Just not any good ones.

The Buckeyes looked strong except for 3 plays in the 3rd. They're playing some of the best defense I have seen them play - better than the days of AJ Hawk a few years ago.

See you next week Penn State fans.

Roguish Lawyer
10-20-2007, 21:06
JMI, I love the new avatar.

Goggles Pizano
10-21-2007, 10:46
LOL.

Does Lou birdwatch, because he may have missed that goose nesting at ND stadium yesterday. :p

Go Lions! 18-1 at home the last three years. OSU you're next!!!!!

Counsel
10-22-2007, 09:24

Here come the IRISH!!!

LMAO
USC 38 - ND 0; Thank God they were wearing the green jerseys.

JMI
10-25-2007, 09:13
Does Lou birdwatch, because he may have missed that goose nesting at ND stadium yesterday. :p

Go Lions! 18-1 at home the last three years. OSU you're next!!!!!
Kind of sad when your coach (Weis) is telling everyone to "wait 'til next year." This is Notre Dame man, this year IS next year.

I like Penn State but I just do not think they have the offense to hang with THE Ohio State defense. The key will be shutting up that crowd when we're on offense. They are LOUD.

OSU 28
PSU 10

bandycpa
10-25-2007, 10:47
I like Penn State but I just do not think they have the offense to hang with THE Ohio State defense. The key will be shutting up that crowd when we're on offense. They are LOUD.

OSU 28
PSU 10

I think it'll be closer than that. Our defense has been good the majority of the year. The X Factors are Morelli (it changes week to week, but he's currently on a roll), the crowd, and the defense. I honestly believe Kinlaw is just as good as Austin Scott (he's averaging 5.2 yds / carry this year), and will be the difference maker in this game.

PSU 17
OSU 13

Bandy

Counsel
10-25-2007, 14:02
No doubt about it, Penn St., has a solid team. This will be a defining game for Ohio St., and it will let the rest of the nation really see how good is Ohio St.

Luckeyes – 24
Tamed Lions - 14

The men in Blue are playing the Minnesota Golden Gophers (1-7) and they are playing for the Little Brown Jug, the oldest trophy in College Football.

"One hundred and four years later we're still playing for that coveted jug, the oldest trophy in college football," Carr said. "It has a great tradition, a great meaning here. So, you know, when you lose it, it's a miserable experience. When you win it, you get to keep that jug where it belongs. I mean, we bought that jug." Lloyd Carr, Michigan head coach.

STILL BELEAVE

GO BLUE

Roguish Lawyer
10-26-2007, 16:38
I believe ( and hope) that Penn State will win.

Meanwhile, USC has an extremely tough game against Oregon. :munchin

bandycpa
10-26-2007, 19:14
I believe ( and hope) that Penn State will win.

Meanwhile, USC has an extremely tough game against Oregon. :munchin

Thanks for the support. It'll definitely help us both if PSU wins.

I saw that Mark Sanchez is getting the start for USC this week. What do you think of him as a starter? Was the Arizona game or the Notre Dame game more indicative of how you think he'll perform this week against the Ducks?

Bandy

Roguish Lawyer
10-27-2007, 07:02
Thanks for the support. It'll definitely help us both if PSU wins.

I saw that Mark Sanchez is getting the start for USC this week. What do you think of him as a starter? Was the Arizona game or the Notre Dame game more indicative of how you think he'll perform this week against the Ducks?

Bandy

He was the #1 QB prospect and the HS player of the year when he was recruited. He is going to be a great one, but he doesn't have much experience right now. Oregon has a great team, and Eugene is a very tough place to play with all those drunken loggers in the stands . . .

Roguish Lawyer
10-27-2007, 07:16
I have to post this. :rolleyes:

Goggles Pizano
10-27-2007, 08:46
Batman's gay twin? :munchin

GO LIONS!!!!

Bill Harsey
10-27-2007, 16:17
From Autzen Stadium, Eugene, Oregon game JUST over...
Oregon 24 USC 17

Go Ducks!!!

Bill Harsey
10-27-2007, 16:19
One more time,
GO DUCKS!!!

sorry RL.

HOLLiS
10-27-2007, 16:19
From Autzen Stadium, Eugene, Oregon game JUST over...
Oregon 24 USC 17

Go Ducks!!!

Just got to love it when the Quack Attack Works, obviously except for the Beavs............... Go Beavs.........

Roguish Lawyer
10-27-2007, 18:48
One more time,
GO DUCKS!!!

sorry RL.

Congrats, Bill. I am very disappointed in our play calling, among other things. We were overrated from Day 1.

Next time, take the tickets. ;)

JMI
10-27-2007, 21:57
Ohio State answered a few questions:

Speed? check
Power? check
Defense? check
Win on the road? check
Win on the road against a quality opponnet? check

Wisconsin
Illinois
Michigan

All potential losses. W and I @ home, M @ Michigan.

We met the challenge convincingly!

Last time Ohio State did not receive the love they deserved they beat Miami in the Fiesta Bowl for the National Championship!

AND, in other Big Ten news, the battle of Div-IA teams that lost- for the first time in NCAA history - to Div I-AA teams, Michigan (lost to App State) best Minnesota (lost to Dak St) in what is usually called the Big Brown Jug game, but ended up being this year as the winner of the biggest loser award. LOL.

Good day!
(also in other news, ND did NOT lose today.... :lifter )

bandycpa
10-28-2007, 05:56
OSU 37
PSU 17

Not a good game for us at all. At 10-7, I thought we had a chance. Then, OSU lowered the boom. Not one punt (not one) for them the entire game. Very impressive performance.

Still think Oregon is better at this point.

Bandy

echoes
11-04-2007, 16:11
Sooners Blitz Texas A&M, 42-14

Boomer Sooner! :lifter

Holly

3SoldierDad
11-04-2007, 17:36
Can you believe Kansas scoring 76 points on Nebraska. Dude, that's a lot of points...Wow, how the mighty have fallen...

KU is more than basketball now...Interesting. We'll see how sustainable the program becomes.

(You know - I just realized lots of the folks on this board, and in this community, are North Carolina fans- Still upset about Roy leaving Kansas...Well, wrong thread...sorry.)

Three Soldier Dad...Chuck

The Reaper
11-05-2007, 08:14
Congratulations, Navy!

First time in 43 years, and done in triple overtime, no less.

TR

clapdoc
11-05-2007, 19:59
Congratulations Navy!!!! Great effort.

LSU beat Alabama this past saturday.

I wish Ohio State could come down south and play some of the SEC teams.
We would really see if they deserve the #1 slot.

I was very proud of Oregon beating Arizona, great game.

I hope we get some good matches in the bowl games.

clapdoc sends.

Bill Harsey
11-05-2007, 20:04
Go Navy!

clapdoc,
Thanks for the nod towards Oregon, not bad so far.

JMI
11-05-2007, 20:08
Notre Dame has 4th and 8, and they decide to go for it rather than kick a 41 yd field goal??????? Charlie, your team averages 8 yards of offense PER GAME, bro. Kick the field goal.

Well the football gods must have a tradeoff system; The Browns are winning after 13 years of losing football/stolen team/worse losing football. The gods needed a really big sacrifice and I guess Notre Dame drew the short straw, because they really have turned the suckage way up.

THE Ohio State is still ranked number 1.

Good day.

CosaNostraUSMC
11-05-2007, 21:43
NAVY came up BIG TIME!

Now, all I need, is for Ucla to step it up...

Roguish Lawyer
11-05-2007, 22:48
Now, all I need, is for Ucla to step it up...

Good luck with that.

Counsel
11-06-2007, 08:59
How the mighty have fallen. After 44 years of been dominated and a losing streak of 43 games, finally NAVY has beaten the Irish, before Touchdown Jesus no less. This is just great. I know your heart is broken JMI, but I also know you must be proud of this accomplishment by the Midshipmen. GO NAVY.

To be fair, below is Weis reasoning for not kicking the FG.

"Notre Dame got the ball back one more time before the end of regulation, and coach Charlie Weis decided to go for it on 4th-and-8 rather than attempt a 41-yard field goal. Sharpley was sacked on the play by Kuhar- Pitters, who jumped over a blocker to make the play.

"It was going against the wind and in practice he couldn't make it from there. That's why we didn't kick it from there. That was a pretty simply one," Weis responded after the game when asked about his decision to try and pick up a first down in such a crucial situation."
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/cfootballnews.asp?articleID=214360

Now I really do question the play calling of their last play. A run? Give yourself options man, a quick three step pass or if you are worried about the rush then Shot Gun formation, anything but a run. Don’t understand that one.

On a side note, another humble win for the Wolverines. This one 28-24 over Michigan St. Next another tough test, but this one at Wisconsin.

STILL BELIEVE
GO BLUE

JMI
11-06-2007, 10:21
Wow, another post dedicated to MY team. Your preoccupation with Notre Dame is typical and leaves me wondering just how many closet Notre Dame fans are out there. Thanks for thinking about Notre Dame - - - again.

Counsel
11-06-2007, 11:19
Wow, another post dedicated to MY team. Your preoccupation with Notre Dame is typical and leaves me wondering just how many closet Notre Dame fans are out there. Thanks for thinking about Notre Dame - - - again.

I can post 1000 messages about ND and still that doesn’t change that I enjoy watching them loss every game and then writing about it. As most people do.

Oh my friend JMI, with every minute that passes you are a minute closer to end of your agony that is the 07 season and the start of another, the 08 season. Have a very nice day. :D

STILL BELIEVE
GO BLUE

echoes
11-14-2007, 19:04
Just wanted to see if anyone wanted to give their "Bowl" predictions?:)

Holly

clapdoc
11-15-2007, 08:40
Well I am glad that LSU is on top again. They play Ole Miss this weekend and I know they will win that game.

Don't be too quick to gloat about Notre Dame's bad luck this season. All things go thru a cycle and great schools ALWAYS come back

I should know, I have been a Mississippi State fan for 40 years and have ridden their roller coaster thru some drastic high and low points.

clapdoc sends.

Goggles Pizano
11-15-2007, 09:18
Well I am glad that LSU is on top again. They play Ole Miss this weekend and I know they will win that game.

Don't be too quick to gloat about Notre Dame's bad luck this season. All things go thru a cycle and great schools ALWAYS come back

I should know, I have been a Mississippi State fan for 40 years and have ridden their roller coaster thru some drastic high and low points.

clapdoc sends.

I disagree. I believe Oregon should be the top team as they played just as many difficult teams to get there, and LSU had one shot already.

As for Notre Lame and their "bounce back"...:rolleyes: Weis claims he does not understand why the kids don't "get it". Perhaps his teaching methods/skills are not what he proposed to the University, or what they envisioned?? Either way are you ND fans still blaming your woes on Willingham?:D

GO LIONS!

JMI
11-15-2007, 09:35
GO BUCKEYES!!!

Q: Why doesn't Ohio slide into the Ohio river?

A: Because Michigan sucks

Q: What's the only sign of intelligence in Ann Arbor?

A: Columbus 186 miles

Q: What do you call a good looking girl on the University of Michigan campus?

A: A visitor

Q: Why are there 2 teams from Michigan in the Big ten?

A: There was so much crap in Ann Arbor they had to start another pile.

Q: How many batteries does it take to STUN a wolverine?

A: 1-AA

Counsel
11-15-2007, 12:52
How come Ohio State football players won’t drive a Japanese car?
They don’t think they’ll understand what’s said on the radio.

How do you get a former Ohio State football player off your porch?
Pay him for the pizza.

Coaches Jim Tressel and Lloyd Carr are walking down the beach talking about the rivalry between Ohio State and Michigan. As they are walking, Lloyd trips over something in the sand. Upon closer inspection it turns out to be a genie’s lamp. “Who disturbs me?” asked the genie. Jim and Lloyd both say they did. “You will each get one wish,” said the genie. Jim offers to go first. “I want an impenetrable wall built around the entire state of Ohio so that none of those stupid Michiganders can ever get in. I want it as far down into the ground as it is high and I want it to be completely sealed in so that we can finally have our peace!” The genie grants the wish to Jim and his is instantly whisked away to his new paradise. The genie now tells Lloyd he’ll grant him one wish. Lloyd says, “Fill it with water.” :D

What do you get if you see an Ohio State fan buried up to his neck in sand?
More sand.

What do you say to an Ohio State football player dressed in a three piece suit?
Will the defendant please rise.

HELL YEA, STILL BELIEVE
GO BLUE

Bill Harsey
11-16-2007, 09:50
Just wanted to see if anyone wanted to give their "Bowl" predictions?:)

Holly

The Ducks just qualified for the toilet bowl last night in Arizona.

Counsel
11-16-2007, 13:11
Just another day of what has become of the wacky 2007 college football season.

Dont look, but here come the Jayhawks. :eek:

lksteve
11-16-2007, 15:37
The Ducks just qualified for the toilet bowl last night in Arizona.hell, Wyoming would be lucky to make that one...

JMI
11-18-2007, 09:08
Still believe?

Buckeyes are now 6-1 vs Michigam the last 7 years. It is not a rivalry anymore, but domination.

Dad
11-18-2007, 09:42
Mizzou takes KU by 17, in the Big X11 championship game they take OU by 10 and play LSU for the Championship. Interesting note, both Mizzou and KU quartebacks are Texas boys who UT and A and M thought were too short.
OOPS, I meant WVU

clapdoc
11-18-2007, 13:27
LSU beat Ole Miss big time, they played everybody but the water boy. I would love to see LSU play MIssouri for #1. That would be one hell of a game. Maybe it will happen.

clapdoc sends.

3SoldierDad
11-18-2007, 16:30
Mizzou takes KU by 17, in the Big X11 championship game they take OU by 10 and play LSU for the Championship. Interesting note, both Mizzou and KU quartebacks are Texas boys who UT and A and M thought were too short.

Hmmmmm.....

We'll see. As a Jayhawk myself, I confess following the football team is something new for me. I wish the Tigers well. May the best team win! Either way the Big 12 is loaded this year. It bodes well for the future of the league.

Three Soldier Dad....Rock Chalk Jayhawk...Chuck

Counsel
11-20-2007, 14:57
Still believe?

Buckeyes are now 6-1 vs Michigam the last 7 years. It is not a rivalry anymore, but domination.

Domination, until next year.

I have to admit that hands down, Ohio St. was the better team this year. I really thought the weather was going to be an advantage for Michigan. The weather helped shut down Ohio's passing offense and Michigan's passing game did not show up to play. Mario Manningham selected the worst day to have a very bad game. So both teams were forced to play old school Big Ten football.

You can not ask much more of the M defense. But their offense was pathetic compounded by the fact that their play calling was horrendous. Ohio’s DE #50 dominated the line of scrimmage and Michigan’s offensive coordinator fail to see that, maybe he still hasn’t seen it. No shotgun formations, no roll outs, no draws, no screens, no moving of the pocket. They didn’t even help their Tackles with a TE or the FB and that is = to 3 sacks for DE #50. If you cant pass the football, is easy to stack up 8 in the line of scrimmage which in turn is = to Mike Hart 18 Rush, 44 yds . In summary, pathetic.

L. Carr did the right thing stepping aside now. We are waiting for you Les Miles. But for now, hopefully the Alamo Bowl will invite a clearly average team.

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE 08 SEASON:lifter
GO BLUE

Hey, last but not least, to everyone here -including you JMI-, and specially every single one of the QP’s and others in harms way that are out there so we can have and enjoy our football season, happy Thanksgiving.

Goggles Pizano
11-23-2007, 11:25
For the college football enthusiast:

Today on ESPN the first meeting between two 1-AA schools, in the playoffs no less, in the State of Delaware will occur. The University of Delaware and Delaware State square off at 1300 hrs.
Historically significant as both school administrations have fought this meeting for years. UD is the richer of the schools in both football tradition and tuition. DSU, long considered the also-ran of the state, has a smaller student body and less successful program. Why this post? UD has a traditionally white student body-DSU was created as an alternative in the state for black students turned away by UD. Niether school administration has ever given a reason why this game cannot be played each year causing the inevitable rumblings of prejudice and envy. The state populace has argued for this game for years and I hope it is everything it can be, and will allow this small state to have an honest to god rivalry that other states enjoy each football season!

JMI
11-23-2007, 11:48
For the college football enthusiast:

Today on ESPN the first meeting between two 1-AA schools, in the playoffs no less, in the State of Delaware will occur. The University of Delaware and Delaware State square off at 1300 hrs.

Good looking out GP. I look forward to watching this game. 1:30 PM EST.
Deleware State is 10-1, Delaware is 8-3. Thanks for the background on the two teams.

JMI
11-23-2007, 18:16
If WVU loses to CONN then Ohio State has a chance to get back to the title game! LSU lost a good game to ARK, and with Missouri playing Kansas, the only real block to us moving into the #2 spot is WVU.

GO HUSKIES! (hey, this season anything is possible!)

JMI
11-23-2007, 18:28
Everyone talks about the New England Patriots being dominant, but here is a college team playing for there 10th National Championship since 1993 (Champs in '93, '96, '97, '98, '00, '01, '02, '05, '06.)

This IS dominant!

MOUNT UNION 2007 SCHEDULE

Sept. 1 AVERETT (VA) 75-7 win

Sept. 15 OTTERBEIN* 58-14 win

Sept. 22 MUSKINGUM* 62-0 win

Sept. 29 at. Heidelberg* 62-3 win

Oct. 6 at. Ohio Northern* 44-0 win

Oct. 13 WILMINGTON* 59-0 win

Oct. 20 BALDWIN-WALLACE* 35-0 win

Oct. 27 at. Capital* 37-0 win

Nov. 3 at. John Carroll* 53-0 win (My Alma Mater)

Nov. 10 MARIETTA* 57-0 win

They won their first playoff game last Saturday against ITHACA (NY) 42-18, and they play the College of New Jersey tomorrow. Yeah, they're only Div-III but they are as dominant a team as anyone has ever seen. No scholarships either!

booker
11-23-2007, 19:37
If WVU loses to CONN then Ohio State has a chance to get back to the title game! LSU lost a good game to ARK, and with Missouri playing Kansas, the only real block to us moving into the #2 spot is WVU.

GO HUSKIES! (hey, this season anything is possible!)

UCONN has never won against WVU, and with the game being in Morgantown, it isn't going to happen this year either.

Let's Go Mountaineers!

On another note, Virginia Tech plays UVA in the first game in my memory between the two that has any signficance. Go Hokies!

3SoldierDad
11-24-2007, 15:23
It's a great day to be a Kansas Jayhawk or a Mizzou Tiger. LSU losing last night makes tonight's game truly a game of the year...

#2 vs. #3 and the winner to go to #1 and get a probable shot at the National Championship on January 7th. Wow!

We KU people are still rubbing our eyes. As a basketball school, this is simply surreal. KU didn't even break into the top 25 this year until their 5th game. Santa has come early in Lawrence.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk...

Three Soldier Dad...Chuck

Dad
11-24-2007, 17:30
There is a storm coming. We both have a lot to be proud of. Great players and quality people. Good luck

echoes
11-25-2007, 08:49
Well,

It is indeed a strage season...

For the Conference championship, OU and Mizzou...next Saturday.

This should be a great game!:lifter

BOOMER SOONER!

Holly

Bill Harsey
11-25-2007, 09:42
Ducks ZERO, UCLA, buncha points.

How to you keep a football away from the Ducks?
Throw it to them.

Dad
11-25-2007, 09:45
This will be interesting. For years, the Big XII and the predecessor the Big VIII have a deserved reputation for protecting their top ranked teams for monetary and prestige reasons. Remember the MU/Colo game where the Buffaloes were given 5 downs to score?. This time, there is no reason to protect the Sooners because it is in the conference's interest to have the Tigers win, since there is no way the Sooners can play for the national championship. I am not saying the Sooners have not had great teams, but they have had help from officials at times to prevent upsets from lesser teams, as have some other teams in the conterence. We'll see if the system holds true Sat. Make no mistake, neither MU or KU are one year wonders. KU may have the best coach in the country, also the most rotund. Both schools now have facilities to compete with anyone. And both schools promise players parents their son WILL receive an education. My hat is off to the Jayhawks

MIZZOU RAH, MIZZOU RAH, MIZZOU RAH-- TIGERS!!!!

RTK
11-25-2007, 10:03
He's a great coach, but he won't be coaching much longer if he doesn't lose a pound or two.

Why does Kansas have such a good +/- tunover ratio? Because Mangino has his own gravitational pull and it sucks the ball out of the opposing team's hands.

echoes
11-25-2007, 10:40
Ducks ZERO, UCLA, buncha points.

How to you keep a football away from the Ducks?
Throw it to them.

Mr. Harsey, ;)

I can remember seasons that I felt the exact same way.

Holly

Roguish Lawyer
11-25-2007, 12:57
I believe that Oklahoma will destroy Missouri.

Meanwhile, USC will win the PAC-10 and play in the Rose Bowl if it beats UCLA on Saturday. Can't win every game every year, and it will have been an OK season if we win next weekend.

Dad
11-25-2007, 16:25
I believe that Oklahoma will destroy Missouri.

Didn't watch the first game did you? It will be a very good football game.

Roguish Lawyer
11-25-2007, 19:41
Didn't watch the first game did you? It will be a very good football game.

I don't think so. Neither Missouri nor West Virginia played ANYONE worth a damn this year. Ohio State is the best of the 1 loss teams IMO, and their schedule wasn't so hot either.

Dad
11-25-2007, 20:14
I don't think so. Neither Missouri nor West Virginia played ANYONE worth a damn this year. Ohio State is the best of the 1 loss teams IMO, and their schedule wasn't so hot either.

A lot tougher schedule than the Big 10 and we beat Illinois, which Ohio State couldn't do.

JMI
11-25-2007, 20:42
For the Conference championship, OU and Mizzou...next Saturday.

This should be a great game!:lifter

BOOMER SOONER!

Holly

I am a HUGE OU fan for that game. If they can beat Mizzou, that could help Ohio State climb up to the #2 spot.

GO SOONERS!

echoes
11-26-2007, 00:16

RL...How is that new car drivin? You Rock!;)

okay, and, BOOMER SOONER!

Holly

clapdoc
11-26-2007, 15:07
Well, it is slow walking and sad singing for LSU. Arkansas just played a little harder on the last play.

We all need to pull for Oklahoma to beat Mo. I have been hunting the past couple of weeks and have been out of touch, has Oregon played anyone and if they did, who won. I am becoming a big fan of the Ducks and hope they are in the final mix.

Ole Miss got beat in the last 10 minutes by Mississippi State and Ole Miss fired their coach of 3 years on Saturday morning. This is the 2nd time in 3 years they have done something like this.

Ms State gets to go bowling and that will be a lot of fun.

clapdoc sends.

Roguish Lawyer
11-26-2007, 15:23
The bowl game I'd like to see is USC-LSU.

clapdoc
11-26-2007, 15:49
USC and LSU would be a good one.

mffjm8509
11-26-2007, 18:27
The bowl game I'd like to see is USC-LSU.

You cant make up for the 2004 co-champions season by playing this game in 2008 :D

SF_VOL
11-26-2007, 20:35
So what are your thoughts on the UT/LSU game? Think the Big Orange will show up and actually play the full 60 minutes? Think LSU is pissed and ready to kill people? Or are they down and out now and don't have their heads straight? With Kentucky beating LSU early in the year and now their loss to Arkansas......UT beat both Kentucky and Arkansas. I'm picking the Vols as the 2007 SEC Champions!!!

clapdoc
11-26-2007, 22:33
I think LSU will show up at the SEC champ game with blood in their eye. Those cajuns don't know how to quit. Tennessee is a good team, great game Saturday against Kentucky.
I think it will be a great game and I plan on watching.

Just so I don't have to listen to Rocky Top again.

clapdoc sends.

Roguish Lawyer
11-27-2007, 00:17
Tennessee is going to get crushed.

SF_VOL
11-28-2007, 21:41
Crushed??? No way! If we show up and play 60 full minutes of football, the Vols can win this game. If they decide to play the way they've been playing the last couple games, get a nice lead and then disappear in the 2nd half, then yes, we could get crushed. I'm going to the game so I'll be wearing Orange and singing Rocky Top as loud as I can.

JMI
11-28-2007, 23:08
BOOMER SOONER!
:lifter:

Come on now, Mizzou isn't that tough.

BOOMER SOONER!
:lifter:

Every OHIO STATE fan is pulling for you. :D

JMI
11-28-2007, 23:12
Tennessee is going to get crushed.
Crushed? This isn't the PAC 10. Remember, Kentucky beat LSU, and some team name Monroe beat Alabama. The SEC is not that tough.

And Les Miles? OHIO STATE cannot wait for him to take the Michigan job. That guy .......I won't say it......

OK I am going to say it. He is the worst thing to happen to LSU since Saben left. LSU fans should be glad he is leaving.

Counsel
11-29-2007, 09:08
OK I am going to say it. He is the worst thing to happen to LSU since Saben left. LSU fans should be glad he is leaving.

From LSUsports.com

Les Miles’ first two years with the Tigers has been unmatched in the history of the program. The results are impressive and staggering: 22 wins; 13 SEC victories; 8 wins over top 25 teams; 5 wins over top 10 teams; back-to-back top five final rankings; 2 bowl victories, including 1 BCS bowl win; 12 NFL Draft picks and four first-team All-Americans.

After leading LSU to an 11-2 mark and a top five national ranking in his first year as LSU's head coach in 2005, many wondered just what Miles would do for an encore. His second year with the Tigers proved to be another year full of milestones and firsts as he guided the Tigers to another 11-2 overall record, culminating with a 41-14 dismantling of 11th-ranked Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl.

The Tigers finished their second year under the direction of Miles ranked No. 3 in the nation, marking the first time since the 1958-59 seasons that LSU was ranked in the top five in the country in back-to-back years.

LSU's at-large berth in a BCS bowl was a first in school history and it also represented the third time this decade that the Tigers ended their season in the Sugar Bowl.

In 2006, Miles became the first coach in LSU history to lead the Tigers to back-to-back 10-wins seasons and with 22 victories in his first 26 games as the school's head coach, his win total matched Bernie Moore for the most in school history over that span. He also became the first LSU coach since Jerry Stovall in 1982 to beat two top 10-ranked teams on the road in the same season as the Tigers posted a 28-24 win over No. 8 Tennessee in Knoxville followed by a 31-26 victory over No. 5 Arkansas in Little Rock.

The Tigers were able to accomplish all of this during the 2006 season despite having to face four top eight opponents on the road, also a first in school history. LSU posted a 2-2 mark in those road games, which included November wins over Tennessee and Arkansas that propelled the Tigers to a berth in a BCS bowl.

LSU opened the 2006 season in grand style, posting identical 45-3 wins over Louisiana-Lafayette and Arizona. After a gut-wrenching 7-3 loss at No. 3 Auburn, the Tigers reeled off decisive wins over both Tulane (49-7) and Mississippi State (48-17). Following a 23-10 setback to eventual national champion Florida, the Tigers responded with seven straight wins to end the season, starting with a 49-0 victory over a Kentucky team who went on to win eight games and beat Clemson in a bowl game.

The Tigers capped the 2006 with its 41-14 win over an overmatched Notre Dame team in the Sugar Bowl, giving the Tigers their third win in a BCS game since the 2001 season. The three wins for the Tigers in BCS bowl games since the 2000 season is the most of any SEC team during that span.

With a 6-2 SEC mark in 2006, Miles ran his record in conference games to 13-3, which trails only Bernie Moore as the best start for an LSU head coach in league games in school history. Moore won 15 of his first 16 conference games from 1934-36.

Yeap, the worst thing to happen to LSU since Saben left.:D

Counsel
11-29-2007, 09:35
In my most humble opinion, LSU 31 - Tenn. 17

I think Tenn. is an average team, that will not be able to run the ball effectively against LSU’s front 7 and their secondary will not be able to contain LSU's spread offense. Lets see what happens.

I have some issues with the Shotgun Spread offense, am I the only one? I think that should be discussed in another thread though.

Hey JMI, what do the Luckeye fans think of adding another game to the Big Ten schedule or a conference championship. Have you heard anything towards that end?

BELIEVING IN THE 08 SEASON
GO BLUE

echoes
11-29-2007, 16:14
BOOMER SOONER!

Come on now, Mizzou isn't that tough.

BOOMER SOONER!

Every OHIO STATE fan is pulling for you.

JMI,

Welp, even though it is third party...seeing BOOMER SOONER always brings a smile...;)

(Am going to put our "Big Game" menu over in the gourmet thread. Ya'll c'mon and share what snacks go with the game?)

Boomer Sooner...beat Mizzou!:D

Holly

GracieLou
12-01-2007, 09:06
GEAUX TIGERS, LSU will be SEC champs.

GO NAVY beat Army ;):D

Roguish Lawyer
12-01-2007, 09:43
I am very excited today, as I have an actual tailgate from which to tailgate. :)

Beat the Bruins!

theBilldoman
12-01-2007, 09:57
LET'S GO HOKIES.....

and as always GO ARMY!!

Goggles Pizano
12-01-2007, 11:03
I am very excited today, as I have an actual tailgate from which to tailgate. :)

Beat the Bruins!

What's on the menu?:munchin

WhiskeyBoarder
12-01-2007, 12:40
Not to intrude on the discourse here, but being that y'all are far more knowledgeable on Pac-Ten matters than I, I was hoping that one of you gentlemen would offer a guess as to whom is going to be the opponent for my USF Bulls in the Sun Bowl.

It sounds like it might be Oregon but I don't want to face them sans Dennis Dixon. Cal would be a fun opponent.

Thanks!

echoes
12-01-2007, 13:37
I was hoping that one of you gentlemen would offer a guess as to whom is going to be the opponent for my USF Bulls in the Sun Bowl.

Welp, I could speculate for ya, but am not a "gentlemen.":rolleyes:

Holly
:)

CosaNostraUSMC
12-01-2007, 14:31
"Anchors Aweigh, my boys, Anchors Aweigh.
Farewell to college joys, we sail at break of day-ay-ay-ay.
Through our last night on shore, drink to the foam,
Until we meet once more:
Here's wishing you a happy voyage home.

Stand, Navy, out to sea, Fight our battle cry;
We'll never change our course, So vicious foe steer shy-y-y-y.
Roll out the TNT, Anchors Aweigh.
Sail on to victory
And sink their bones to Davy Jones, hooray!

Stand Navy, down the field,
Sail set to the sky
We'll never change our course
So Army you steer shy-y-y-y

Roll up the score Navy
Anchors Aweigh
Sail, Navy, down the field,
And sink the Army, sink the Army gray.":lifter

=============================================

Hats off, to both of the academies though, and the fine leaders they produce.

CosaNostraUSMC
12-01-2007, 14:35

Beat the Bruins!

Consigliere, that's right... you're pimp daddy-caddy now.
Enjoy the game...

... BUT...

... Go Bruins!