PDA

View Full Version : A great read, on Iran Airforce.

HOLLiS
08-02-2007, 16:09
Enemy can by no means attack Iran

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Today: Thursday August 02, 2007 Enemy can by no means attack Iran: Air Force commander

Tehran, August 2, IRNA
Iran-Army-Commander
Enemy is by no means able to launch military attack against Iran, Air Force Commander Brigadier General pilot Ahmad Miqani said on Thursday.

Addressing a ceremony to celebrate graduation of a number of officers in an air base, the commander stressed Iran's military strength in the region.
cont....

Nice Aircraft, they have flown over my house on occasion.
http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/lin...3766181728.htm

Nice Hires of the picture http://server33.irna.com/filesystem/...1518-31-51.jpg

HOLLiS
08-02-2007, 16:10
A follow up from INRA on first Article.

Today: Thursday August 02, 2007 General: How could I have mixed this up?

Tehran, August 2, IRNA

Iran-Army-Commander
Air Force Commander Brigadier General pilot Ahmad Miqani, responding to several Internet postings about his previous statement and accompanying picture, said on Thursday that for the past 4 years, he has accidentally been commanding the wrong Air Force.

"Do not ask me how this has happened. I was moving to Tehran for my new posting, and I was agitated because we had to live with my unpleasant mother-in-law, God crush her bitter, bitter soul - I guess I was confused." the General said.

"Here I thought we had all these F-16's and the kick-ass A-10, and the Raptor coming on line, and that big one that shoots the laser and sh*t. Man, I gotta tell you this is a real ball buster." Miqani said as he dejectedly looked at the floor. A reporter asked the General about the B-2, to which he replied with noticeable irritation "yes, yes I know I've gone on and on about the B-2 and how great it is, but no, we don't have it. I screwed up, OK?"

When asked how this affected his previous statement about the Iranian Air Force's state of readiness, the General was blunt. "We're screwed. Plain and simple, people. I just found out this afternoon that people stopped even coming into work in 2006 - half of the aircraft - whatever they are, I forget - well they got taken home and repainted to look like a Toyota or something. I have no idea if we even have office furniture."