PDA

View Full Version : A thread about ME...SF18C

SF18C
07-26-2007, 19:13
Well I got some good news last week; I am going back to Italy! I gave it a good try back in North Carolina but I have been given an offer too good to walk away from. I sure have enjoyed being back in the good ‘ol US of A. There is nowhere in the world I love more than home but when opportunity knocks you gotta answer the door. So I need to get a transportation ship date, take care of my passport/visa issues and wrap up a few things at work and then I am outta here (well for 3 to 5 years). To all my Professional Soldiers brothers, especially MntGoat & 7624U, we got to have a beer before I take off to the land of Vino and Grappa. I am suppose to start 4 Sep in Vicenza and will probably head down to Texas for a week or so before I fly, so we got to do it soon.

And to all QP’s as soon as I set up the Safe-House South of the Alps I will drop a line letting you know when I am prepared to provide cover and concealment, nourishment and sustenance, as well as perform LNO duties with the indigenous forces.

Oh and one more thing…I got to sell my car before I go. (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=176602#post176602) Seems I promised my wife a new car when we get there, something about a Volvo XC90. Are those expensive?

Monsoon65
07-26-2007, 20:11
Congrats! Sounds like you have a nice tour to look forward to.

Well, Volvo is saying their XC90 3.2 starts at around $36,135, but military sales overseas might save you a few bucks.

Gypsy
07-26-2007, 20:15
Congratulazioni!

incommin
07-27-2007, 06:32
May the Force be with you!

Jim

Dominus_Potior
07-27-2007, 06:56
SF18C,
good luck to you. It's great out here, you'll love it. I been only about 2 months but I love it.
If you're ever around, come to the 14th Trans S1, I'll be the dude sleep behind the laptop in the back.

Rob

7624U
07-27-2007, 07:19
Well I got some good news last week; I am going back to Italy! I gave it a good try back in North Carolina but I have been given an offer too good to walk away from. I sure have enjoyed being back in the good ‘ol US of A. There is nowhere in the world I love more than home but when opportunity knocks you gotta answer the door. So I need to get a transportation ship date, take care of my passport/visa issues and wrap up a few things at work and then I am outta here (well for 3 to 5 years). To all my Professional Soldiers brothers, especially MntGoat & 7624U, we got to have a beer before I take off to the land of Vino and Grappa. I am suppose to start 4 Sep in Vicenza and will probably head down to Texas for a week or so before I fly, so we got to do it soon.

And to all QP’s as soon as I set up the Safe-House South of the Alps I will drop a line letting you know when I am prepared to provide cover and concealment, nourishment and sustenance, as well as perform LNO duties with the indigenous forces.

Oh and one more thing…I got to sell my car before I go. (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=176602#post176602) Seems I promised my wife a new car when we get there, something about a Volvo XC90. Are those expensive?

I will give you a call land line bro

Matta mile
07-27-2007, 07:29
Good for SF18C

Have a great time...
Maybe we will have our borders under control by the time you get back:D

SF18C
07-27-2007, 08:29
SF18C,
good luck to you. It's great out here, you'll love it. I been only about 2 months but I love it.
If you're ever around, come to the 14th Trans S1, I'll be the dude sleep behind the laptop in the back.

Rob

Hey Rob, I was there (Vicenza) for a few years so I know what I am getting into and can't wait. :D
Do you know Vince, the IT guy? I worked with him before he went over to the 14th. I will look you up when I hit the ground.

Good for SF18C

Have a great time...
Maybe we will have our borders under control by the time you get back:D

Nice one!!!!

NousDefionsDoc
07-27-2007, 18:34
10th Group has an FOB in Italy now?

The Old Guy
07-27-2007, 19:26
What a great opportunity and adventure for you and the family. Have a great time and visit all the great sites while there.

Dominus_Potior
07-28-2007, 02:10
Hey Rob, I was there (Vicenza) for a few years so I know what I am getting into and can't wait. :D
Do you know Vince, the IT guy? I worked with him before he went over to the 14th. I will look you up when I hit the ground.

Nice one!!!!

Yeah, Mr. Porter is our S6. Great guy. We're both in the Body Shop every lunch hour.

Rob

mike-munich
07-28-2007, 11:27
SF18C, there will be a safe house north of the Alps if you ever make it to the Munich area. :cool:

MtnGoat
07-28-2007, 13:04
Looks like we all ahve a new Safe House. Glad to see you go your wish. Now for that new car. Funny how the House-6 get their ways when we move up. HaHa.

We'll have to get together for dinner soon.

x SF med
07-28-2007, 13:25
Great news 18C - best of luck in the new position. HH-6 wins every time, if you want to be happy, got to keep momma happy. Now I have another reason to go back to Europe, wonder if the knees will handle a week of skiing the Alps?

SF18C
07-28-2007, 21:16
SF18C, there will be a safe house north of the Alps if you ever make it to the Munich area. :cool:
Mike,

I will definitly look you up when I am back on that side of the pond. I haven't figured out why but I always feel a calling the Tolz AO at least once a year. I guess I just have to see the ground my heros walked!

Great news 18C - best of luck in the new position. HH-6 wins every time, if you want to be happy, got to keep momma happy. Now I have another reason to go back to Europe, wonder if the knees will handle a week of skiing the Alps?

x SF med,

Come on over! I need a ski buddy, the wife just likes to sit in the lodge and drink "corrected coffee" all day!

Looks like we all ahve a new Safe House. Glad to see you go your wish. Now for that new car. Funny how the House-6 get their ways when we move up. HaHa.

We'll have to get together for dinner soon.

D,

Yeah we need to have dinner and few brews... the clock is ticking though! I'll try to give you a call this weekend or early next week.

mike-munich
07-30-2007, 01:00
Mike,

I will definitly look you up when I am back on that side of the pond. I haven't figured out why but I always feel a calling the Tolz AO at least once a year. I guess I just have to see the ground my heros walked!

Affirmative. Will PM you my contact information. :cool:

Your heros = my heros.

glebo
08-01-2007, 07:57
Thats great, good luck. I would love to get back to vicenza, I was in the 509th from 78-80 and LOVED every minute...so much to do....so many memories.

good luck, you lucky dog.

x SF med
08-06-2007, 10:29
The HH6 and I are going to be in town for Crip's Graduation - let's try to get a people together on the 24th as a send off for SF18C - I think MtnGoat is in.
TR?
Keith?
Anybody?

I posted this here, since the thread is about the soon to be OCONUS SF18C.

I owe him, he saved me from the likes of the rest of you by finding me a replacement coin (another thread).

SF18C
08-08-2007, 13:41
The HH6 and I are going to be in town for Crip's Graduation - let's try to get a people together on the 24th as a send off for SF18C - I think MtnGoat is in.
TR?
Keith?
Anybody?

I posted this here, since the thread is about the soon to be OCONUS SF18C.

I owe him, he saved me from the likes of the rest of you by finding me a replacement coin (another thread).

x SF Med...looks like I got no damn friends! Or they are all just miffed that you won't be buying them free drinks! But hey I'll be around give me a call when you get in town!

x SF med
08-08-2007, 18:52
SF18C-
Neither of us has any friends. Hell, that just means my wallet won't shrink quite so fast, unless Crip and his HH6 show too...

The Reaper
08-08-2007, 19:18
I am afraid that I will be out of town on graduation day, but I hope to catch Crip before he leaves.

TR

MtnGoat
08-08-2007, 20:13
SF18C - Bro what is up... No friends.. WTF!!! Did you get your TRK to the ship yard yet!! Wait is your butt even going back to work?? :p Or have to cleaned out to desk already!!??

Well all have to meet up. Party at my place. Jump in the pools and grill out with all of this heat we all have these days.

x SF med
08-15-2007, 10:37
MtnGoat, SF18C -
finalize plans for next week? Tickets bought, Holiday Inn Express reserved, car ready... will be there all day Thu, All day Fri (graduation day!) and Sat AM - GB Club one night? I think I sent both you guys my cell # via pm.