PDA

View Full Version : Tredmill vs. Open Road

jag36
07-25-2007, 21:21
Running is such a great way to stay in shape weather its short or long distance, as long as you get a good workout from it. But there is also the treadmill at the gym. Now there are pros and cons for both indoor and outdoor, but which one is better? Is the scenery running in the good ol' outdoors, or the many mirrors at the gym a better place to run? Do you get the same results from running on the treadmill as you would cross country? I would like to know which is more of a benefit so I can adjust my workouts accordingly.

Aequitas
07-25-2007, 22:13
Run wherever, whenever and however you can man. Different surfaces provide different comforts and stressors. Do some searching and you'll find different workout plans which go into complete detail what surfaces do what. You might want to find some soft stuff with the same consistency of sand.....the search button is your friend here.

jag36
07-25-2007, 22:32
Aequitas,

I'm still learning and have much to prepare for. The little things help. Thanks.

The Reaper
07-25-2007, 23:28
jag36.

Do not start another thread for at least a week.

Spend that time searching and reading existing threads.

This is not a chat room and you are a guest.

TR

texasjack
01-10-2008, 18:38
From what little expirience i have, i have learned that you should train like you fight and the enemy don't chase you on a treadmill;)

Pete
01-10-2008, 18:46
From what little expirience i have, i have learned that you should train like you fight and the enemy don't chase you on a treadmill;)

texasjack

Reread TR's post above your's.

Then tell me what you can about the phrase that starts with "Somewhere a True Believer....."

All you others "hushhhhhh"

bricklayer
01-10-2008, 19:21
No matter how beutiful the scenery in my town is, I prefer the scenery at the local gym. :eek:

texasjack
01-11-2008, 14:08
Pete

I would like to tell you what I can about that phrase but when you ask me to read TR's post first I think this is one of those times when I should shut my mouth for awhile and just listen.

Pete
01-11-2008, 14:26
Well then make that subject your next post and post it here when you do.

texasjack
01-11-2008, 14:43
Ok well here goes
I think for most guys that join the US military, it is a career choice, they want some adventure, or brotherhood, and some I imagine want the glory that comes with it. The true believer dreams not of glory and adventure, the true believer drams only of victory over his enemy. He trains only to kill his enemy, he gets no badge, no tab, he only gets to keep fighting. He will go to any means to vanquish his enemy, the family and friends of his enemy, and his enemy's home. Do I still want to quit? NO, never did if anything, after reading this statement I want this even more because I truly believe that it is my duty to protect myself and my country from an enemy that is sworn and will stop at nothing to kill me.

Red Flag 1
01-11-2008, 15:29
Natural surface is always best . Leave the headphones at home!!

RF 1