PDA

View Full Version : SOPC & SFPC Defined

7624U
07-24-2007, 14:02
SOPC (Special Operations Preparation Course) This course is for 18X’s only and is the prep for SFAS (Special Forces Assessment and Selection) it covers mainly land navigation skills that most Active army soldiers already have practiced. SWCS has no plan currently to require active duty personnel or anyone else to attend SOPC.

SFPC (Special Forces Preparation Course) This course is designed to help 18X’s and soft skill MOS’s in infantry basic’s and SUT (Small Unit Tactic’s) before they start the Q-course. It consists of study of FM 7-8 & the ranger handbook along with squad size movement formations.

Scimitar
07-24-2007, 22:55
I understood that these where refered to as SFPC I and SFPC II. Has the names changed?

Scimitar

7624U
07-25-2007, 06:21
I understood that these where refered to as SFPC I and SFPC II. Has the names changed?

Scimitar

Names change all the time just like phase II SUT is now really phase I of the
Q-course SFPC is Instructed by Bco Cadre to keep all SUT training on the same level and the same SOP's you will get During SUT phase.
SOPC has its own cadre devoted to the 18X's this is prior to any of them getting selected.

FYI I made this post because of all the questions we get about SOPC-SFPC I
being a requirement for everyone before SFAS. SWC has no plans to make it a requirement that I know, maybe that will change and if it does I will post it.

Scimitar
07-25-2007, 08:59
Thanks for taking the time to update us wannabes 7624U. Its always appreciated.

out