PDA

View Full Version : need team guys ideas

califas
07-01-2007, 23:41
alright guys, I don't really post much. I just read and try to learn. This time I need some ideas. I'm in the sandbox again on this TT mission. Now I'm "selecting" a "high speed" PLT to be go to guys. I've touched bases with your boys over here they've been a big help but they are busy. So the ideas I need are good events for the "selection" process and a few intelligence test, basic stuff. Any other ideas you want to throw this way is cool too. PM me due to the nature of things. Alright thats it, thanks ahead of time.

The Reaper
07-02-2007, 07:58
Hand picking from guys you know and have served with before (and who volunteer) is going to be a much better selection process than any series of tests.

I doubt that COL Simons put together his short list of Son Tay Raiders by giving his people written exams.

We do it because with 500,000 people to choose from, it is impossible to know them all. We also have to teach them difficult technical skills, languages, infil techniques, etc. and you are looking strictly for shooters. And likely, most of the ones we would select have already gone SF.

I recommend that if you want to test them, that you check their PT scores, GT test numbers, UCMJ record, marksmanship scores, psych profiles, EIB test results, etc., but the best indicator is going to be your personal knowledge of their performance in combat and the recommendation of their supervisors and peers. You can board them with some of your NCOs, just to get a better feel for them, but there is no magic test, or the Army would be using it already.

You might also want to get a copy of "Get Selected" and "Chosen Warrior", both have a lot of information on school-type selection processes.

Best of luck.

TR

califas
07-02-2007, 12:26
TR,

Thanks, good information. I will try to get hold of those books.

RTK
07-02-2007, 12:43
alright guys, I don't really post much. I just read and try to learn. This time I need some ideas. I'm in the sandbox again on this TT mission. Now I'm "selecting" a "high speed" PLT to be go to guys. I've touched bases with your boys over here they've been a big help but they are busy. So the ideas I need are good events for the "selection" process and a few intelligence test, basic stuff. Any other ideas you want to throw this way is cool too. PM me due to the nature of things. Alright thats it, thanks ahead of time.

I see you're a 19A. I figure you're looking for some type of kick ass scout platoon. Take a look at who has completed the Scout Leader's Course for your NCOs. PM me on the side and we can talk specific Armored Cav stuff.

califas
07-03-2007, 09:27
Hey sorry fellas I wasn't clear enough. The TT mission I'm on is the Transiton Teams, which means I'm training ISF. Like I said I'm in touch with some of your team guys here but was just looking for more information, becasue ultimate goal is to get a cycle going.

Matsonian
07-03-2007, 12:34
If the ISF is like the ANA (Afghan national Army) observation is your best tool. Who can shoot, and hit what there aiming at. After you work with your troops a while you will know who the wolfs and who the sheep are. Forget testing academics Stick to basic soldering skills. Shooting and maneuvering etc. Run them through some live fire excursuses and look for the ones who excel.