PDA

View Full Version : Any QPs work with France's 1er RPIMa?

jdoval
06-29-2007, 00:23
I have run a search to see if this has been addressed somewhere else, but did not find much of anything. I hope I'm not breaking any rules.
I met a QP some time ago who told me that he was working alongside soldiers from France's 1er RPIMa, in Afghanistan.
I did not ask him many questions at the time, but I wonder how much contact (training, exchange programs,...) there is between the 1er RPIMa and US Army SF, since the 1er RPIMa is the equivalent of SF in the French Army.
If any QPs have fought or trained with the 1er RPIMa and do not mind sharing this type of information, what is your opinion of this unit, and how similar or different are they from US Army SF?
If this has been covered elsewhere, or if this is not the right forum, let me know.

Airbornelawyer
06-29-2007, 04:07
I have run a search to see if this has been addressed somewhere else, but did not find much of anything. I hope I'm not breaking any rules.
I met a QP some time ago who told me that he was working alongside soldiers from France's 1er RPIMa, in Afghanistan.
I did not ask him many questions at the time, but I wonder how much contact (training, exchange programs,...) there is between the 1er RPIMa and US Army SF, since the 1er RPIMa is the equivalent of SF in the French Army.
If any QPs have fought or trained with the 1er RPIMa and do not mind sharing this type of information, what is your opinion of this unit, and how similar or different are they from US Army SF?
If this has been covered elsewhere, or if this is not the right forum, let me know.
1er RPIMa is a first-tier special missions unit, the successor to the French SAS of World War II. Unless anyone disagrees, I would prefer that we refrain from discussing the level of operational or training interaction between this unit and US SOF, or make comparisons among SOF units.

QRQ 30
06-29-2007, 07:19
Let's keep the "Quiet" in QP.:rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
06-29-2007, 07:59
Not a subject past, present or future Special Forces soldiers will discuss.

You might want to go ask Ranger Eric Haney.

This thread is closed.

Team Sergeant