View Full Version : SOMED on the Job

The Reaper
04-20-2004, 15:55
Cross training for the 18C and 18F.

NDD, remember this one?

TR

NousDefionsDoc
04-20-2004, 15:57
Medical Civic Action/Team Training - Honduras, mid-1980s.

Sacamuelas
04-20-2004, 16:18
OUCH!!!!

Note to all medics/18D's that view Reaper's pic. If you have to have a large Soldier hold your patient (VICTIM in this case) down so that you can work... you do not have adequate anesthesia. LOL

And NEVER listen to the extremely large 18D that sports a constant scowl on his face when he says he is sure the guy is numb and just being a sissy. Especially when this 18D tries to convince you that your Spanish translation is sketchy and that "duele" really means "thank you" instead of pain. Haha

okay, after that pic I am going to work on some more refresher topics in the med forum now!! Haha Naw, just kidding. Actually, that is not bad jaw breakin' going on in that pic. Good work there men. Almost brings a tear to my eye just seeing that masterpiece!! :lifter

The Reaper
04-20-2004, 16:26
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
OUCH!!!!

Note to all medics/18D's that view Reaper's pic. If you have to have a large Soldier hold your patient (VICTIM in this case) down so that you can work... you do not have adequate anesthesia. LOL

And NEVER listen to the extremely large 18D that sports a constant scowl on his face when he says he is sure the guy is numb and just being a sissy. Especially when this 18D tries to convince you that your Spanish translation is sketchy and that "duele" really means "thank you" instead of pain. Haha

okay, after that pic I am going to work on some more refresher topics in the med forum now!! Haha Naw, just kidding. Actually, that is not bad jaw breakin' going on in that pic. Good work there men. Almost brings a tear to my eye just seeing that masterpiece!! :lifter

That is what happens when the soldado in question says that he has neither the time, nor the need, for any of that wimpy Xylocaine, just go ahead and rip it out.

We the use a holder (right) and a puller (left) for his own safety. The soldado was not large enough to require additional SF personnel.

The real issue is the language barrier and lack of technical knowledge that prevents the soldado from saying clearly, "the pain is in my second molar on the lower right quadrant", and merely points and grunts something about "one of these hurts, take it out".

Big medics with scowls just look at personnel not otherwise engaged and go, "Well don't just stand there lookin', grab a patient and get in there and mix it up!"

LMMFAO!!

TR

NousDefionsDoc
04-23-2004, 03:19
Traffic Accident in Honduras, mid-1980s...

Para
04-23-2004, 04:33
Who's the army dude with really long hair that's almost in his eyes?

Surgicalcric
04-23-2004, 05:34
Originally posted by Para

Must be one of those times Jerry M was calling BS. lol

Kyobanim
04-23-2004, 07:15
Originally posted by Para

They don't have Hair Cutterys down there? What about Paul Mitchells?

NousDefionsDoc
04-23-2004, 08:03
I changed the title of the thread so the SEAL Corpsmen, Ranger Medics, etc., can post pictures here if they wish. After all, its one big happy family. I for one would like to see some SEAL Corpsmen in action.

Para, Crip and Kyo - keep it up!

NousDefionsDoc
05-15-2004, 14:34
I still have that PC BTW, I wear it everday now. Same cat eyes too. LOL

troy2k
05-29-2004, 09:37
It don't work so well with rampant infection, which will cause a scene like the first pic to play out. That's why God made 18 Bravos :) "Mount the patient!"

Eagle5US
05-29-2004, 11:24
I'll see if I can hook up the scanner for some of my hard copy photos...

Eagle5US
05-29-2004, 11:26
Bug stuck in her earwax... :eek:

Eagle

Sacamuelas
05-29-2004, 12:55
Originally posted by Eagle5US
Bug stuck in her earwax...
Eagle
Nobody promised ALL the work was going to be "glamorous" did they Eagle? LOL Great pics:cool:

Troy2k...why not start a thread in TMC 14 and go over the why's and how's to get around that situation?

NousDefionsDoc
05-29-2004, 13:44
Excellent pictures Eagle. Thanks for sharing.

troy2k
05-29-2004, 14:45
At least thats what I thought 2 hours ago...
Changing channels to TMC 14

Under General Medical

Sacamuelas
05-29-2004, 15:50
Thanks, I wasn't trying to play any games with you. Looking forward to the thread in TMC14 on this. :cool:

HALO Medic
03-29-2007, 23:53
FUTURE REFERENCE: use discretion in the photos/content used on this forum/thread (i.e current conflict). good looking out!!

Current conflict photos edited out by Eagle

Surgicalcric
08-05-2008, 19:29
Speaking of treating HN personnel SOTB... Yes I know the thread is 4 years old but I didnt have anything to post at the time...

The patient was a mid 20's HN Infantry soldier who had fallen elbow first into a pot of boiling water... We (D9 and myself) saw him 2 days s/p incident and until that time his wound hadnt been cleaned or wrapped. His only complaint of pain was when wind passed over it.

The wound was cleaned and subsequently wrapped in a Silverlon wound contact dressing, with the nursing staff at the clinic being educated on further cleaning and changing the dressing, and covered with loosely wrapped kerlix.

NousDefionsDoc
08-06-2008, 01:06
Good gouge Crip and thanks for reviving the thread. We've got a lot of slacking Docs on here. Let's go medics....

Jack Moroney (RIP)
08-06-2008, 05:26
I'm not a medic, but I have deployed a few:D

A little show, tell and do action here, circa March 68 in the central highlands.

Surgicalcric
08-06-2008, 07:11
While forward, D9 and myself, worked in the base clinic assisting the Docs with the treatment of the soldiers when we could. The most common illness/injury we saw was soldiers with Leishmaniasis. We could expect to see up to 40 guys, with Leishmania, on any one given day. Needless to say it isnt treated as aggressively by their HN docs, mostly due to the cost of the medication.

Here is a Reccce TL who had been in the field for 4 weeks without treatment. His team had rotated back to the FOB and was complaining of pain and tender axilla (lymphadenitis) on affected side.

I took the pics before I had him evac's back to the rear for treatment. Two weeks later he returned, went to the field and 4 weeks later he had been bitten again and had another lesion. Its bad stuff down there...

lssah2025
11-08-2008, 21:11
2006 (Basra Iraq) a 30'ish y.o Iraqi female came to the gate looking for medical assistance. It appeared that she had a huge thyroid tumor. At this point she was having difficulty swallowing and breathing. It was cleaned and debrided as best as possible.