PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Fever

Bill Harsey
06-24-2007, 10:00
Oregon State University Beavers that is...
Anyone tracking the college baseball World Series finals?

Go Beavs!

The Reaper
06-24-2007, 11:07
Sorry, your title caught my eye and I thought you might need admin assistance.

Carry on.:D

TR

HOLLiS
06-24-2007, 11:13
Sorry, your title caught my eye and I thought you might need admin assistance.

Carry on.:D

TR

LOL, You should get Bill to send you a "I am a beaver believer" bumper sticker. It sure beats the "Quack Attack" ones.

Goooooooooooo Beavs.........

BTW, when we lived in student ghetto housing in Corvallis, this statement was true:

Q: How do you keep beavers out of your back yard?

A: Put up goal posts.

AMP
06-24-2007, 12:14
Many years ago I was stationed at Offutt AFB in near Omaha. We used to go to Rosenblatt Stadium to catch the AAA Royals games, and the college world series. By the looks on tv it is still a beautiful ball park.

JMI
06-24-2007, 13:05
I am up in Oregon for one week per month, having recently attained the state as part of my sales territory 3 mos ago.

I just returned from Portland today. I am becoming a fan of Oregon sports, but I have to be careful who I support - Oregon or Oregon State. Never know which side of the rivalry a customer could be on. LOL.

Go Beavers!

HOLLiS
06-24-2007, 13:15
I am up in Oregon for one week per month, having recently attained the state as part of my sales territory 3 mos ago.

I just returned from Portland today. I am becoming a fan of Oregon sports, but I have to be careful who I support - Oregon or Oregon State. Never know which side of the rivalry a customer could be on. LOL.

Go Beavers!

Look for color, Green is for quackers and Orange for Beavs. Or a Big green "O" somewhere. I think the rivalry is mostly for fun.

The joke about the goal post, I used it in a council meeting once. The City Manager was a Duck. We had some beavers fell a tree and hit one of our sewer lines crossing the creek. We got into a dicsussion on how to deal with the beavers. I mentioned putting up goal post and he about feel out of his chair. So far the public record has not come back and haunt me.

Bill Harsey
06-24-2007, 20:46
OSU Beavers win college baseball championship for second straight year!!!

Bill Harsey
06-24-2007, 21:02
Congratulations to North Carolina for playing a tough, hard series. You guys made me nervous as h*ll. Well done.

See ya again next year guys.

Bill Harsey
06-25-2007, 09:18
Just in case a college baseball fan strays in here, this is about Oregon State and "the game": http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=2915438

NousDefionsDoc
06-25-2007, 09:32
I watched the game - in Spanish. Congratulations to both teams and especially OSU