PDA

View Full Version : Praise the Lord!

Roguish Lawyer
06-21-2007, 17:12
I just got this e-mail:

Good News from the Jack Daniel Distillery!

Dear Friend of Jack Daniel's,

You may have seen or heard reports about how the drought in Tennessee is affecting production at the Jack Daniel Distillery. Well, we wanted to take time to write and remind you of the old adage, "Don't believe everything you read or hear!"

While it's true Tennessee and other Southeastern states are experiencing a pretty severe drought this spring and summer, we can assure you that we have plenty of water from our Distillery's cave spring to make our Tennessee Whiskey. The water level may be down somewhat, as it typically is during the summer months, but it's currently flowing above what we need for whiskey-making.

We have been making Jack Daniel's with water from this cave spring for more than 140 years and have never had a water shortage. That's not to say we're not taking conservation measures. We are using the cave spring water to make Jack Daniel's, as we always have, but we've cut back on using it for any other secondary purposes, such as cooling or cleaning. That's just being responsible and respectful of the resources that make Jack Daniel's so unique — the cave spring water, charcoal-mellowing, charred white oak barrels, fine grains, and the seasonal changes that Mother Nature offers us in the Tennessee hills.

In addition, our warehouses are filled with barrels upon barrels of Jack Daniel's going through the maturation process. When the whiskey from these barrels reaches full maturity, we'll pull those barrels and bottle the whiskey the same as we always do. In other words, your favorite retailers and bars will continue to have plenty of our Tennessee Whiskey on hand.

If you've been concerned about the various media reports, we hope we've put your mind at ease. And if you hear your friends talking about this, please let them know we're continuing to make Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey and, as Mr. Jack said many years ago, "Every day we make it, we'll make it the best we can."

Your friends at Jack Daniel's

The Reaper
06-21-2007, 17:36
Fellow Squire:

I just got the same report.

Good news indeed!

TR

bandycpa
06-21-2007, 18:12
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer:

We have been making Jack Daniel's with water from this cave spring for more than 140 years and have never had a water shortage. That's not to say we're not taking conservation measures. We are using the cave spring water to make Jack Daniel's, as we always have, but we've cut back on using it for any other secondary purposes, such as cooling or cleaning. That's just being responsible and respectful of the resources that make Jack Daniel's so unique — the cave spring water, charcoal-mellowing, charred white oak barrels, fine grains, and the seasonal changes that Mother Nature offers us in the Tennessee hills.

They make a great whiskey and they're environmentally aware! Good on them!

I think we should all celebrate.

This is a very good day...

Bandy

Peregrino
06-21-2007, 20:18
I'll sip to that! :D

sg1987
06-21-2007, 20:45
My grandfather worked at the distillery for years. I spent a good bit of time hanging out around there and the metropolis of Lynchburg.

He drank the stuff straight - not even any ice!

HOLLiS
06-21-2007, 21:33
He drank the stuff straight - not even any ice!

Ice is water, watering down good spirits is a sin. :eek:

82ndtrooper
06-22-2007, 04:19
I recieved the same email from JD. It obviously made some of the national news, at least Fox reported it.

And as for drinking it with ice, that's just not right. :p