PDA

View Full Version : SGM Perry

See2
06-11-2007, 20:22
I had the honor and priviledge to spend some time with a former CSM from 1st SFGA on Saturday night at Blade Show (in Atlanta). He recently retired from 1st, and spent a good amount of time from his night to talk to me about a bit of everything. I'm not sure if he's a member here or not, but I just wanted to express my gratitude to him for the experience, and voice my admiration.

Team Sergeant
06-12-2007, 07:43
I had the honor and priviledge to spend some time with SGM Perry (I don't want to put his last name in print) on Saturday night at Blade Show (in Atlanta). He recently retired from 1st, and spent a good amount of time from his night to talk to me about a bit of everything. I'm not sure if he's a member here or not, but I just wanted to express my gratitude to him for the experience, and voice my admiration.

Yes, CSM Perry D (ret) is a member on this board.;)

TS

deanwells
06-12-2007, 15:49
Hey CSM Perry D (RET),

I still have that thing;) with your name on it for the favor you did for me when I was enroute to 1-1. I haven't forgotten what you told me in the PI in 06'. I hope everything is well.:cool:

Thanks,
SSG C.

skipjack
06-12-2007, 20:45
CSM, I just saw you, in Tacoma, at the convention center for the expo! Now you are in Atlanta, you must be getting around a lot these days..lol!

-skipjack

SOKOOLJ
06-13-2007, 08:28
CSM D,

Long time no see! Been a while, I hear you hang out here, so send me a PM and we can catch up. Too bad I missed ya coming back to 1st Group, heading to OKI this fall. Craig B. said he saw you and CSM S. in the box, I must have missed you while hanging out in Tikrit/Sammarra.
Hope to hear from you,

Joe

MottLakeTonyC
10-30-2007, 14:58
CSM Perry looks the same as he did 20 years ago. Whats really cool about seeing him is that when talking with him you feel 20 years younger. Too bad for him tough, he must feel 30 years older seeing us....hmmmmm just a thought...ha ha .. If you see this my brother hope all is well!!! Tony Cross here.

Bill Harsey
10-31-2007, 09:39
I'll call him later today and make sure he checks in here.

BamBam
10-31-2007, 09:56
Bill tell him to PM me.

Bill Harsey
10-31-2007, 10:17
Bill tell him to PM me.

WILCO.

bluebb
12-07-2007, 14:10
I remember on a freezing night in in Canada a young Cpt wanted us to go out in sub zero tempratures and break down pallets. A certain SGM disagreed with the Cpt. and suggested we do it in the morning when it would be a little warmer. The Cpt. insisted we do it and the SGM insisted we don't. The Cpt. verged on giving the SGM a direct order. The SGM replied " There are only two ranks with stars in them in the army and your is not one of them Cpt." Needless to say we didnt break down the pallets until the morning.

Blue

Defion69
12-07-2007, 21:02
I remember on a freezing night in in Canada a young Cpt wanted us to go out in sub zero tempratures and break down pallets. A certain SGM disagreed with the Cpt. and suggested we do it in the morning when it would be a little warmer. The Cpt. insisted we do it and the SGM insisted we don't. The Cpt. verged on giving the SGM a direct order. The SGM replied " There are only two ranks with stars in them in the army and your is not one of them Cpt." Needless to say we didnt break down the pallets until the morning.

Blue

Excellent bro.....just like CSM Perry D. always looking out for the troops. I remember working for CSM when he was a 1SG in Phitsanluk, Thailand. I was a young buck SGT 63B type and he motivated me and set the example of what an 18 series is all about. I ended up going to selection and spending the rest of my career as an 18.

Cheers to skygod and awesome leader CSM Perry D.

FILO
12-08-2007, 14:08

Blue

I personally witnessed said SGM in a similar situation in the FRG and it involved an LT with a serious attitude. The SGM was a SSG at the time and just before he shipped off to the Q course. The LT had a missing camp stove and he "assumed" one of the guys in the Pathfinder detachment had it, so he pulled up to our shack and yelled our for everyone to stand next to their wall locker for a H&W inspection. Perry put a stop to it immediately since he realized most of us would have been screwed since we often carried pyro and live rounds in our lockers. Perry pulled the LT into his office which was quickly followed by loud voices. When Perry concluded his counseling the LT burst from the office and double timed from the shack. Shortly thereafter Perry walked back to the team room and instructed us to "sanitize" our wall lockers and then the last comment he made before heading back to his office was: "the LT is missing his stove, if you happen to know where it is, make sure he gets it back.":)

Capt_G
12-25-2007, 22:26
He is one hell of a great guy. I served with him the Philippines and recently ran into him on a flight from SEATAC to Dallas. Looked the same as he had last time i had seen him.

If you are reading this rest assured that I fulfilled the mission you gave me and that gentleman made his connecting flight to Mexico. It certainly taxed my very limited command of Spanish but I made it work.

Bill Harsey
12-26-2007, 10:21
Bill tell him to PM me.

Just heard from the CSM (Ret) a couple days ago, I'll roust him again.

Ron Thomas
05-24-2008, 17:11
are you guys seeing the same CSM i know. 20 years younger,,,,,,give me a break. did you see all that gray in his side burns? i have been a friend for 30 years and i'm not giving in. (don't let them see you sweat)
have a nice day old buddy.
Ron T

Capt_G
05-24-2008, 20:49
I saw him this week at SOF week. He was at the NEK party.

SFBill
08-02-2009, 21:53
CSM Perry looks the same as he did 20 years ago. Whats really cool about seeing him is that when talking with him you feel 20 years younger. Too bad for him tough, he must feel 30 years older seeing us....hmmmmm just a thought...ha ha .. If you see this my brother hope all is well!!! Tony Cross here.

Tony
24 years in SF, never worked with CSM Perry, drank with him in the GB club many times through the years.

Brother Bill