PDA

View Full Version : Training at MCV... let me know

Dub
06-03-2007, 18:33
Hi 18Ds,
Just wanted to let you all know that I have been accepted at MCV and will be starting my M1 year there August 13th of this year. It was either 18D or med school for me, so I just want to extend an invitation to any of you training there that you have a med school friend there for the next 4 years. Not that any of us will have much time to do anything, but study and work. I will be living in the graduate student on campus housing for my first year at least, which is in walking distance of the hospital! I will obviously be a newbie myself there for a while, but once I learn my way around and get into my classes I will be happy to help any of you out if I can, whether by showing you Richmond, or medical stuff as I learn more. Just PM me.

If we ever get a weekend off my parents live down on the Chesapeake Bay and we love to go fishing, so if any of you like that Im always looking for new fishing buddies, or kayaking buddies.

- Don

Surgicalcric
06-03-2007, 19:16
Don:

Congrats on being accepted into medical school. I am sure you made the right choice for you. Have fun and study hard.

As for Richmond, enjoy having the SOCM students around. Speaking from my own experiences, I think you might be surprised by how much teaching (the nursing as well as med students and resident staff) the SOCM students do while they are on rotation. It is definitely not a one sided learning experience, not insinuating you thought it would be.

Keep us informed and again, best of luck again.

Crip

FXCOfire
06-04-2007, 05:17
Congradulations Don...
Just an FYI... I live in the downtown area..

FXCOfire

Dub
06-04-2007, 06:44
Thanks guys.

Crip,
Trust me I definitely did not mean to seem like it would me one sided. I don't know much right now so I will definitely be doing the learning for many years :D

Surgicalcric
06-04-2007, 06:52
Thanks guys.

Crip,
Trust me I definitely did not mean to seem like it would me one sided.

Don,

I wasn't insisting you did, and there's nothing to worry about there. I was just mentioning the SOCM guys enjoy teaching as much as they do learning. Sometimes it causes personality conflicts but for the most part everyone likes having them around if for nothing more than having real security in the ER...lol...as well as the extra hands.

Be careful when responding to Trauma callouts though; try not to get run over by the swarm of SOCM guys trying to get into the room. :lifter

Crip

Kyobanim
06-04-2007, 06:59
Be careful when responding to Trauma callouts though; try not to get run over by the swarm of SOCM guys trying to get into the room.

That sounds like the intro to some good stories.

swatsurgeon
06-04-2007, 10:18
Nah, trauma breeds trauma....if what comes in isn't exciting, we create some more!!

ss

Swamp
01-30-2008, 07:34
Dub, congrats...My wife grauduated MCV med school in 2000. It is a great school except for the parking....I also live in the Richmond area and have been known to tear up the James River canoing and smallmouth fishing...Regards, Swamp

Red Flag 1
01-30-2008, 09:13
Dub

Congrats.. best of luck and, make it fun. I live just over the Blue Ridge if you like fresh water fishing.

RF 1