PDA

View Full Version : National Geographic Special

LongWire
06-01-2007, 14:45
Sunday night 9PM........

I don't know if it will contain the portion of training with my Company that the crew filmed just prior to their departure for Afghanistan.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/green-berets/

jbour13
06-01-2007, 15:30
I think that they changed their focus of the filming and edited a great deal when they hit the IED. I'm planning on buying a copy when they become available for personal reasons.

I'd really be interested to see the run-up filmings they conducted prior to arriving in Afghanistan. We had the crew at the HQ level talking with quite a few people about our views on AFG.

I caught snippets of it when I opened up my media player not fully knowing what it was. The sound of the IED and radio chatter gave me chills and goosebumps. All to real for me. I was not on site that night, but was monitoring progress on the radio when the incident occured and the silence that followed lasted all too long.

I hope they highlight the ODA's and other soldiers involved (with due OPSEC procedures in place of course), the producer and cameraman were lucky from their positions, but the soldiers on the ground really saved their lives. The actions of that night should showcase the ferocity in which ODA's fight, but the nature of caring as well.

Also glad to see them highlight the way the SF men on the ground empower the ANSF by giving them the ability to provide a face with civil assistance.