PDA

View Full Version : Kydex for folder - any thoughts?

PiterM
05-30-2007, 03:19
Just wanted to share with you some sheaths I've made for folders during my short kydex-making expirience. I don't know if any of you carry folding knives in kydex, but for some knives it's a pretty cool solution - especially for light weight knives, or for concealed carry (where it is allowed of course). And in some cases that's the only logical way to carry a knife, and good example could be HALO 2.3 OFT, which makes sense only with fast-draw kydex. Of course some knives (like Lone Wolf big Harsey's folders) are less kydex-oriented and I'd not recommend a kydex for them.

So... I'm a bit curious what's your opinion about kydex sheaths for folders?

Disclaimer: I don't make them for orders any more. Now only sometimes for fun for my own knives or for very close friends. So please, don't consider is any kind of business related post because it is not.

PiterM
05-30-2007, 03:20
couple more...

Go For Broke
05-30-2007, 14:53
As a consumer of Kydex, looks like nice work. Functionally, those would have been nice to have in the PI, where the leather rotted if not treated properly. Especially since, it was somewhat hard at times to get a knife out of a pocket while wearing body armor (for opening MREs, letters, etc).

Have you ever experimented with the kydex sheaths where you can sheath the folder closed or open and/or for larger multi-blade (e.g., Victorinox / Wegner) typeknives? I hve seen a couple of models (sheath and knife combination) where this worked, and thought that might be a good option.

V/R,