PDA

View Full Version : trying to reclass and make the teams

magyar_2
05-28-2007, 15:31
I am currently an E-2 in the army who has definately chosen the wrong mos (94m which would make me a fobit) and I am trying to relcass early into infantry or if I am lucky to an 18 B or 18 C. I talked with my drills and first sargeant and my drill sargent is putting in an DA 4187 for me to reclass. I am wondering what people who have made's work out plan is and how to get my chance to go green beret and then delta the absolute highest. Also I have heard that there is PFC waiver (so I wouldn't have to be a E-5) to go sf. I have been reading "Roughneck Nine-One" which is the story about an engagement ODA-391 had in Iraq and it talked about how different teams have different specilities, how can I increase my chances of getting into a team that is mostly Internal Defense or Direct Action? Let me know your thoughts/advice please.
magyar_2

blue02hd
05-28-2007, 15:50
Mag, I admire your spirit and drive, but if you are sincere in your post, then you must have read the rules and procedures on posting, right?

Research your questions by using the SEARCH option on this site. It will weed out questions such as Waivers For Rank, do I want to be a SEAL (from your profile), and the need to reclass at all.

Hopefully my lil nudge will avert the "indirect fire" I see coming your direction.

Do some homework first. This site contains volumes of information if you only take the time to look for it.

The Reaper
05-28-2007, 16:13
Mag:

You don't just "reclass" into SF. There are standards that have to be met.

You are not making a good first impression with your writing. Sergeant is misspelled, along with demolition for example. SF requires a minimum GT score of 110, waiverable with good cause down to 100. I am not seeing it here.

SF is not a stepping stone to any other units. I recommend that you go see your Command Sergeant Major and request a transfer to the Navy immediately. Tell them you want an assignment to SEAL Team Six pending training based on your desire to be the best, most coolest guy possible. Offer to them that you have a lot of reading experience on "Internal Defense or Direct Action." You should get some quick results that way.

Best of luck, have a very SF day.

TR

7624U
05-28-2007, 17:54
Here sign your NO/GO

tf999
05-28-2007, 18:58
My apologies - post removed.

lksteve
05-28-2007, 19:32
Magyar- Certain teams do have certain specialties. If I know SF (which I don't) then you should look into ODA-666 speaking from what experience....?
Happy Memorial Day
no such thing...

The Reaper
05-28-2007, 19:33
Magyar- Certain teams do have certain specialties. If I know SF (which I don't) then you should look into ODA-666

Specialties: Kicking ass, chewing bubblegum, firing pistols with both hands while leaping sideways in slow motion.

Weaknesses: Grammar/Spelling, Coherent Sentences, Too tough to die, too cute to cry

Happy Memorial Day
Tyler
-----------------
"We must always remember that all men are essentially equal, and thus victory goes to he who has been reared in the most severe school." - Thucydides

Tyler, this is not a free for all.

When you pin on a Tab and do ten years or so in SF you can pile on.

Till then, don't post in a Special Forced thread. Stick to the happy birthday greetings, and if we have any questions for you, we will let you know.

TR

triguy18e
05-28-2007, 20:39
Magyar 2,

Do push-ups you idiot!

M :mad: