PDA

View Full Version : eco-arsonist sentenced, some acts judged to be terrorism

Bill Harsey
05-24-2007, 08:29
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/117998791174510.xml&coll=7

LibraryLady
05-24-2007, 10:08
Aiken ruled that three of Meyerhoff's arsons were intended to coerce the conduct of government and therefore constituted acts of terrorism under federal sentencing guidelines.

"It was your intent to scare and frighten other people through a very dangerous and psychological act -- arson," Aiken told Meyerhoff. "Your actions included elements of terrorism to achieve your goal.

"The fact that your actions were completely irrational doesn't mitigate this. Nor does the fact that no one was hurt."

Good! Eco-terrorists deserve more than a slap on the wrist.

LL

HOLLiS
05-24-2007, 11:34
Bill, thank you for the article.

LL, yes, they do. It is not a game they are playing.

x SF med
05-24-2007, 12:28
These guys are not Hayduke, Bonnie, Doc and Seldom. They're Wannabees, who will rat each other out, and change position for lighter sentences... The targeting issues are just inept - they deserve to be in prison for stupidity.

See you this weekend Bill, I am descending to liberate my D2.

Team Sergeant
05-24-2007, 12:34
Didn't one of these little eco-cowards commit suicide when he/she was caught?:rolleyes:

Smokin Joe
05-24-2007, 12:39
Didn't one of these little eco-cowards commit suicide when he/she was caught?:rolleyes:
Yes

LibraryLady
05-24-2007, 13:51

Yup, caught down in your neck of the woods. It was for the arson fire at the University of Washington, burned down the Horticulture building. There's been five total indicted in that one. Two pled guilty, one fled the country and I think the other one is still awaiting trial.

Idiots burned down the professors office, when they wanted to destroy his research work, which wasn't even in that building! Not to mention they did massive damage to a special collections library... :(

LL

Shar
05-24-2007, 14:03
Not to mention they did massive damage to a special collections library... :( LL

Because clearly hundreds of years of history is disposable. Idiots. Hang 'em high. :mad:

The Reaper
05-24-2007, 14:15
I know that it is bad karma, but I really like it when bad things happen to bad people.

TR

x SF med
05-24-2007, 16:14
Ah, TR, Karma is a wheel, what is put out is what is received, the wheel turns... these guys put out evil and stupid, and they are getting back the evil part. The stupid just seemed to speed up the process.

CRad
05-26-2007, 07:22
I know that it is bad karma, but I really like it when bad things happen to bad people.

TR

Me too. It feels like the world is staying balanced when things work out like that.