PDA

View Full Version : POPPY PAYS OFF FOR TALIBAN

sg1987
05-22-2007, 05:21
Okay, I need a little enlightenment from those on this board that are smarter than me( I know there are many).

Does the Koran prohibit the use / traffic of drugs? It would seem that in a culture of religious fanaticism that this would be taboo for them. My uneducated guess is that it’s similar to murder. Is okay to kill / sell drugs to infidels but not your own. Anyone know their slant on the topic?

KABUL, Afghanistan — Profits from Afghanistan's thriving poppy fields are increasingly flowing to Taliban fighters, leading U.S. and NATO officials to conclude that the counterinsurgency mission must now include stepped-up anti-drug efforts.

Story here:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274556,00.html

Ret10Echo
05-22-2007, 06:03
Use of it seems, but what of cultivation and sale to the infidel....?

[5:90] O you who believe, intoxicants, and gambling, and the altars of idols, and the games of chance are abominations of the devil; you shall avoid them, that you may succeed.

[5:91] The devil wants to provoke animosity and hatred among you through intoxicants and gambling, and to distract you from remembering GOD, and from observing the Contact Prayers (Salat). Will you then refrain?

[5:92] You shall obey GOD, and you shall obey the messenger, and beware. If you turn away, then know that the sole duty of our messenger is to deliver the message efficiently.

[5:93] Those who believe and lead a righteous life bear no guilt by eating any food, so long as they observe the commandments, believe and lead a righteous life, then maintain their piety and faith, and continue to observe piety and righteousness. GOD loves the righteous.

Sdiver
05-22-2007, 08:06
Okay, I need a little enlightenment from those on this board that are smarter than me( I know there are many).

Does the Koran prohibit the use / traffic of drugs? It would seem that in a culture of religious fanaticism that this would be taboo for them. My uneducated guess is that it’s similar to murder. Is okay to kill / sell drugs to infidels but not your own. Anyone know their slant on the topic?

Don't know about the Koran, but I do know that the Taliban outlawed the growing/selling/use of drugs, specifically Heroin.

I remember seeing a news piece, either right after or just before the attacks on Sept 11th, showing how the Taliban was burning poppy fields, destroying bags and bags of refined Heroin, running over bottles and bottles of liquor and TVs and CDs and other "Western" stuff deemed unworthy to the Faithful :rolleyes: . This was about the time that they destroyed those statues of Buddha.

I remember hearing that the DEA was kinda "looking the other way", when it came to anyone talking about the Taliban, because of the fact, that they were, destroying the poppy fields and not allowing anyone to grow the flowers, and anyone caught growing/selling/buying/using H, was immediately put to death.