PDA

View Full Version : Need vasectomy reversal...

triguy18e
05-21-2007, 18:04
The wife and I would like to do our part as a SF Force Multiplier :lifter .

But seriously, we would like to have the reversal before my next deployment and our health insurance company will not pick up the tab for the surgery ($6000.00). I’ve heard rumors that Mother Army will do the procedure free of charge. However, I’m in the WV Guard, not active duty. If anyone has contacts with the SF Battalion Surgeons at Ft Campbell or Ft Bragg, or has gone through this predicament please forward me any information and POCs?

Thanks,

M

The Reaper
05-21-2007, 18:33
A close friend of mine on AD tried and Womack told him that they would put him on the list, BPT wait several years for a slot to open for elective surgery.

He went downtown and paid a civilian Doc, a urologist, I think, to reverse it. Once he checked it out, the Doc said that it must have originally been done by a military surgeon because it was so badly screwed up, and told him that the chances for a successful reversal were low.

To bad they don't make those with some kind of tiny little microvalve so that on and off would be easier. Most of the time, they are one way procedures.

Best of luck to you.

TR

adal
05-21-2007, 18:39
pm sent

sg1987
05-21-2007, 18:44
check your pm's

mumbleypeg
05-25-2007, 17:01
I have supplied surgeons the tools to perform vasovasostomies for the past 11 years. I know a few very good surgeons that perform that procedure. I only know one on AD, He's a Navy Surgeon at Balboa. I have some calls out, if I hear of others , I will post. If you want the names of the surgeons I would trust my vas with, shoot me a PM.

Bill Harsey
05-26-2007, 09:04
To bad they don't make those with some kind of tiny little microvalve so that on and off would be easier. Most of the time, they are one way procedures.

Best of luck to you.

TR
Next time I'm back at the old mans logging shop, I'll see if I can find one the correct size for QP's.

mumbleypeg
05-26-2007, 10:37
Jeez, the thought of the Harsey vas reversal shop just made me blow coffee out my nose.