PDA

View Full Version : SF or LRSD

veritas1
05-21-2007, 17:42
Quiet Professionals,

I plan on going to MEPS in the next 2 days to enlist into the MDNG as an
11B with BAC in my contract, I have also aquired the line and paragraph number to enlist into the 29th Inf. Div. E Co. 629th MI Batt.(LRSD)(ABN). I plan on serving in this unit and gaining as much experiance as possbile during my time in the unit, and then ultimately trying out for SF.

Im sure I am not the only one that has heard the rumors of LRSD's rolling into RSTA's...With that being said, I have two questions: 1. If I decided to stick with my original plan... I have been told that drill, training, and schools offered to members in an LRSD get the closest training to SF than any other guard units...is this true? or am I being misled?#2. If the rumors are true about LRSD's transitioning into RSTA's, would you(Quiet Professional's) stick with the LRSD until it turned into an RSTA(are LRSD units worth it, even if time in the unit is short) or terminate LRSD path and tryout for B Co. 2/20th SF in MD?
All info./advice greatly appreciated!

2018commo
05-21-2007, 19:23
V-1,
You are considering two different career paths, which do not coexist well within the MDARNG. Do not expect a lot of support joining the LRSD with intent to go SF.
The Non-Qual program at Gunpowder used to be excellent, and I would be willing to bet a couple of combat tours for the cadre have made it even better. You can commit to a two to three year tour in the pipeline, and experience a life changing event; or spend the next two to three years as a SP-4 working at the hotel. Your call.
Call: 410-592-2535 ask for the Readiness NCO (SFC Z).

steeve20
05-21-2007, 19:40
I agree with 2018. See if "z" will interview you before you enlist. If you are in good shape and interview well they may give you a paragraph in line number into B 2/20. The readiness NCO can allow you to enlist w/o waiting for try outs. They just plug you into the NQP program.

NousDefionsDoc
05-21-2007, 19:57
You got some good advice there veritas. Good luck to you.

On another note, we don't do the "vs." thing here. "Or" is much better and even shorter. I fixed it for you.

veritas1
05-21-2007, 22:18
Quiet Professionals,

I really appreciate all the quick replies and advice, I will give the NCO a call tomorrow. Also, thanks for correcting my error on "vs.", I will remember not to use it anymore.

ZGallegos
11-28-2007, 12:08
Deleted by User

ford21b
11-28-2007, 18:54
don't want to sound stupid, but can someone enlighten me on what the "Non-Qual program" is? I'm in the KYNG, but i'm just a e4 (got promoted the other day) and is this program available for KY with the Louisville 20th grp?

Books
11-28-2007, 19:32
don't want to sound stupid, but can someone enlighten me on what the "Non-Qual program" is? I'm in the KYNG, but i'm just a e4 (got promoted the other day) and is this program available for KY with the Louisville 20th grp?

Dude,

Read more, post less. Use the search button in the upper right hand corner and type in "non-qual program." This may be the nicest response you get.

Have fun.

Books

bricklayer
11-28-2007, 19:51

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=164245&postcount=12 Here is what you are looking for Ford.