PDA

View Full Version : 19th group work schedule?

BlueSevenAlpha
05-21-2007, 02:10

Eagle5US
05-21-2007, 03:01
1) Fails to read the stickies-check
2) Fails to follow simple instructions-check
3) Fails to fill out his profile-check
4) Fails to post his introduction in the appropriate thread-check
5) INCREDIBLY poor SA- BIG check
and finally
6) Asks about going into Special Operations so that he can have time for school instead of going to work-CHECK

Well, if he is telling the truth, it is proof positive that you can still be a moron and slip through SFAS as a selectee. Perhaps there was hope he was "trainable":rolleyes:

You have already wasted an SFAS slot, don't waste another in either 19th GP or the Q course.

Eagle

The Reaper
05-21-2007, 08:00
Blue:

Did you read ANY of the stuff we asked you to before posting?

That is why we have a 24 hour wait before allowing new members to post.

People who just barge in and start demanding info before being bothered to read make me think it should be a week or more.

Have a very non-SF day.

TR

BlueSevenAlpha
05-21-2007, 14:11

sg1987
05-21-2007, 14:21
:eek:

Snaquebite
05-21-2007, 14:27
You are correct, I failed to read and follow the instructions.

at least you are consistent.... might want to finish reading them...

Pete
05-21-2007, 14:31
...I would be an extreme asset to ANY organization I grace with my help.... so instead of making ill-informed comments about me not wasting a Q slot, why dont you act like a professional and give some straight answers.....Or was I wrong about SF being full of professionals?

I'm not all that religious so please don't Grace me.

Sigh, I had hope for him.

Pete

Shar
05-21-2007, 14:34
I'm just sittin' here gigglin' ... Who needs TV when you've got PS.com? :munchin

The Reaper
05-21-2007, 14:34
Now about the insults. I score 300 plus every PT test. I scored a 94 on the ASVAB with a GT of 127. I attend shooting academies on my own dollar and time, just for my love of it. I jump out of airplanes. I hump 20 miles to camp for fun. I have been wrist deep in American soldiers trying to keep them alive. I would be a first time go through delta school. I speak two languages already. and would love to learn a third. I would be an extreme asset to ANY organization I grace with my help.
so instead of making ill-informed comments about me not wasting a Q slot, why dont you act like a professional and give some straight answers.....Or was I wrong about SF being full of professionals?

I have seen a lot of physically fit, intelligent, well-trained, well-educated candidates fall by the wayside. Quitting the Army after completing SFAS strikes me as strange as well.

Your bluster, brags, and arrogance do not impress me. You asked for opinions from QPs, and you got them.

SF soldiers also have to be aware of their operational environment, culturally sensitive, and situationally aware. They also realize that arguing with an SF-qualified moderator in the Box right now who is also a former 18D is probably ill-advised.

Your failure to read before posting, to fill out your profile as requested, to introduce yourself, or to understand that we are intolerant of arrogant kids leads me to believe that you are ill-suited for SF service or as a member of an ODA.

People who wish to be SF soldiers understand that it isn't all about them, it is about the team.

You stick with school and forget SF until you understand these points. Good luck.

TR

BlueSevenAlpha
05-21-2007, 15:02

The Reaper
05-21-2007, 15:09
I apologize to you Reaper, I was not intending to argue with you, you have been very straight forward with me. I was a little annoyed with the older gentleman assuming I was a moron because I failed to realize how serious this site is. I appreciate your advise, but I still believe that no one on here knows anything about me and is therefore not in a position to decide if I am capable of the SF lifestyle. I am just seeking answers from those I see qualified to respond. My question was, and still is, what kind of work schedule does 19th group have? Its surely not "a weekend a month, two weeks a year". I understand that deployments will come up, and work will need to get done. Thats great, I love work. I just need to know if it is going to be needing weeks of my time every month, or if it really is more like a weekend. Deployments are of no concern to me, if we deploy awesome. But what of garrison work? What kind of training will be done? How often does the team get together? That kind of info would really help out. Again, sorry for my poor first impression.

Understood.

A minor point, B7A, but there are a number of people on this board who are in positions to decide if you are capable of being an SF soldier, who specifically can stop you from doing that, and as you note, you are not making a good first impression.

You might look up the emergency procedures for what to do once you realize that you are in the bottom of a deep hole.

Four of the people who have responded to your post are SF qualified, I think that the 19th Group regulars are waiting to see how you conduct yourself before they offer any advice. They get to decide if they want to serve with you as well, and I am not sure that they are liking what they are seeing, if you get my drift.

You still have not filled in your profile, do not post again till you have. It is a courtesy here that we require of all new posters, as stated in the instructions that you have already received.

TR

incommin
05-21-2007, 18:23
I guess there is nothing wrong with being cocky if you can back it up.....but usually it just gets the crap knocked out of you until rational thought takes over!

Jim

Eagle5US
05-21-2007, 22:57
Since when did I become an "older gentleman":D

I stand by my former post.

Individual arrogance and ego has it's place, but it isn't in front of team mates or other QP's-it's for when you are staring down a mission statement or an enemy. Boastful "me me me" comments and your foretelling of future events show you lack humility. I have seen others like you in the past when I was an Instructor at SWC-pushing students through the Q course....you want the hat, not the job. Yes, YOU are NOT unique.
Tying to "wow the other students" with their prowess of shooting from this school or that school....arguing with the 18D over field medicine because they did this or that on the outside...complaining about how the instructors didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Eventually the OTHER STUDENTS get tired of hearing it and your reputation is then etched in granite should you graduate. Look at me everyone...LOOK AT ME! Congrats-you now have the spotlight.

You asked for an opinion. You don't like it? Tough.

The only statement that I posted earlier that has any potential for argument would be the final one noting you as a moron. That is certainly my opinion. However, it is one you have backed up quite nicely.
You can be the most hot shit shooter / medic / rock climber / scuba diving / freefalling ninja pirate on the planet-but if the rest of the team can't stand you...you and all your shit (and the ego that carried it) will be in the hall.

Eagle

edited to add As far as "gracing any organization with your presence", you have no idea the caliber of men you would be FORTUNATE enough to associate with IF you attended, and graduated, the Q. You are not special. In fact, you are all too common. Maybe you should START digging yourself out of your pit with that little tidbit of information.:rolleyes:

18C4V
05-22-2007, 00:31
Sorry I missed all the fun. I spend the day breaking in my junior which consited of spray painting our conticos.

I take it this guy wanted to come to our unit in California. Oh well:D

Eagle5US
05-22-2007, 01:15
I take it this guy wanted to come to our unit in California. Oh well:D
As long as it didn't take up too much of his time. Which would have been fine. After all, he would be gracing YOU with his presence.:rolleyes:

Perhaps he could have had a placard with "His Emminance" put on his locker.:D

I'm not sure how 19th GP has gotten along this far without him:confused:

Eagle

Guy
05-22-2007, 06:35
Sorry I missed all the fun. I spend the day breaking in my junior which consited of spray painting our conticos.

I take it this guy wanted to come to our unit in California. Oh well:DI have one coming your way....:lifter

Stay safe.