PDA

View Full Version : LaRue Customer Service

82ndtrooper
05-19-2007, 14:05
I purchased another AimpointCompM3 with the LT Cantilver mount and another Aimpoint 3x magnifier with the LT Mag mount on Wednesday this past week. I opted for 2nd day air shipping through UPS. I placed my order early in the day. One hour later I had a Quantum View UPS notification that the package had been recieved and scanned for arrival in the UPS Houstin, Texas facility. Great service. Marks people are on top of things down there. :o

Thursday the package was already scanned or arrival in Louisville, Kentucky and I recieved the package at 5:30 PM Friday. Right on time.

Bad news: The Aimpoint or it's battery's were DEAD ! I tried both batteries and there was simply no "Red Dot" on any of the brightness settings. I had both batteries "+" facing the retaining cap as instructed with all Aimpoints and even with the highest setting there was still no "Red Dot" to be seen.

I telephoned LaRue Tactical at 17:55 my time, 16:55 there time yesterday(Friday afternoon damn near closing time) to explain that the Aimpoint was dead or my batteries were dead. Someone actually picked up the phone. I believe it may have been Austin, a new employee. We quickly went through the installation process to which I told him that I owned an Aimpoint and that this very strange since there QC was generally perfect. We both agreed that it's strange that both new batteries would have been the problem and that it had a a bad selector or dead LED in the Aimpoint.

He agreed to send me out another AimpointCompM3 and that he'd OVERNIGHT IT free of charge. I was expecting Monday or Tuesday since I caught him around closing time on a Friday and his orders for the day had already been shipped to the Austin USP facility. NOT THE CASE ! I recieved my second AimpointCompM3 at 1200 hrs this afternoon !!

This one shows red, and it's very bright on the highest setting.

That's some good customer service right there. Not to mention the mounts are the best that I have run on any of my rifles. :cool:

I also got another Khaki Ball cap and beer can opener. Kudos to LaRue Tactical !!!!

The Reaper
05-19-2007, 14:13
Mark LaRue and his people are among the very best in the industry.

Good man, and products to match.

TR

Ambush Master
05-19-2007, 17:16
Austin is GOOD PEOPLE!! He's Air.177's best friend, in fact he's over at his parent's place right now!!

82ndtrooper
05-20-2007, 05:30
Yeah, Austin seems to be a good people. I've spoken to him a couple of times when I decided to purchase the secondary optics and mounts for a new LMT build with the Noveske barrel and LaRue propietary rail system.

In fact Air.177 ask me to find him two bottles of Makers Mark "Green Label" Mint Julip. Here in Kentucky there hard to find after "Derby Day" but I was able to find him two bottles from a distrubtor friend of mine. I'm going to ship them to Blake (Air.177) this coming week.

Kudos to LaRue Tactical and I like the ball cap in Khaki ! :lifter

5POINT56
05-23-2007, 06:14
Kudos to LaRue Tactical and I like the ball cap in Khaki ! :lifter

And the "dillo" bottle openers aint too shabby either!

KevinB
05-23-2007, 07:49
Mark LaRue and his people are among the very best in the industry.

Good man, and products to match.

TR

Ditto,

In Dec I had trouble ordering some stuff off the website - and sent an email -- a week later Mark sent me a Christmas present via the APO
- for free
A mount for my ShortDot, and a EO mount for a teammates 552.

- plus a hat, shirt and the 'dillo

I hat to stop wearing the hat in the DFAC though - since people thought then I worked for LT and kept stopping by to offer thanks etc.
Modesty made me point out I was just a very statisfied user.

The Reaper
05-23-2007, 08:08
Mark's booth at the SHOT is one of those that you can hardly get to, not because of the freebies, but because he is such a great guy and people want to thank him.

Here is a good example.

I was at a trade show at Ft. Bliss.

One of the vendors had a bunch of boxes delevered late, and had to pick them up at the mail room and bring them to the display area. They could only fit one box at the time in their rental SUV.

Mark LaRue volunteered his truck and trailer for the pick-up. Not only that, but when the vendors said that they needed to have the gear set up by 0645, Mark got there at 0620. Then he, along with one of his guys and I, unloaded the truck and had the boxes ready for breakout when the vendors arrived a few minutes late. They then helped place over 200 sets of materials from the boxes before going back to their booth. And this was for a company that they competed with on some products.

Never said a word about it, just helped out and then went back to his business.

I have to tell you, Mark is the kind of guy you want for your neighbor.

TR

DennyL
05-29-2007, 15:19
Just got my M4 scope mount right on time. Austin put a note in there and sent a little present. It was great..... I always recommend LaRue A lot of my fellow officers say he is too high but I always remind them of the QUALITY.

brianksain
09-23-2007, 19:42
Got a ten dollar head? ... buy a ten dollar helmet.

Another vote in the positive for Mark.

Getting to be a good friend of mine.

Regular folks ... brilliant ... but regular folks.

The best kind imo.

bk

HOLLiS
09-23-2007, 20:21
Got a ten dollar head? ... buy a ten dollar helmet.

Another vote in the positive for Mark.

Getting to be a good friend of mine.

Regular folks ... brilliant ... but regular folks.

The best kind imo.

bk

Brian, I completely agree with you. I just wish I could support their business more. There is not much I need. Maybe a bunch of armadillo openers for gifts.

They are a very exceptional company.

82ndtrooper
09-23-2007, 20:53
At the machine gun shoot this afternoon I was the only shooter with any secondary optics on my AR's. NOBODY even had any type of SIR or RIS system on their rifles. Amazing since almost every AR was a select full auto lower. Not sure why they all insist on fixed carry handles and A2 type sights anymore.

When mine came out of the Pelican cases, almost everone wanted to know what kind of optics and where to get those kind of mounts for a rail system.

I just pointed to the logo on my cap. :lifter

82ndtrooper
12-21-2007, 11:45
Another good experience with LaRue Tactical.

Yesterday I ordered an Eotech 512 combo pack with the LaRue ECOS 110 mount. Over night shipping and I recieved at our door @ 10:30 hrs. :cool:

Thanks to Blake for throwing in a Christmas Dillo, Battlefield Mixer, and another LaRue cap in black.

Anybody else get the red Christmas Dillo ???? ............................I did.:lifter

As for the "Battlefield mixer" I suppose now I'll have actually paint something and use it. :munchin

vsvo
12-21-2007, 15:33
Sounds great. Those combos are the best thing going. I will be picking up an Aimpoint combo in the new year, to replace the M3 I regrettably traded away.

I got the postcard with the red Dillo, but no Dillo yet.