PDA

View Full Version : The Spy

Pete
05-19-2007, 04:33
The spy and the death of a soldier. Montes and Fronius.

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=262754

Pete

incommin
05-19-2007, 05:49
Thanks for the post!

Jim

NousDefionsDoc
05-19-2007, 07:26
Interesting take on the situation. Personally, I find it a bit of a stretch...

En Paz Descanse Hermano.

The Reaper
05-19-2007, 08:29
I went through the SFQC with Greg.

Great American.

RIP, hermano.

TR

CRad
05-19-2007, 20:25
Interesting take on the situation. Personally, I find it a bit of a stretch...

En Paz Descanse Hermano.

Which part do you find a stretch? That Bragg is of interest to a number of countries, that there are "threats from terrorists, computer hackers, criminals, saboteurs, anti-war activists, eavesdroppers and foreign intelligence services" or that a woman would be so deceptive?

If I'm thinking of the right situation the wall where he was sleeping was blown which is what killed him.

Not being pill. Just asking.

NousDefionsDoc
05-19-2007, 20:38
It is tactical intelligence. Doesn't take a double-naught spy to find out. People can be bought for a buck or two. Hell, kg tells them which hootch I'm in when he gives them their in-briefing...:p

I could be wrong.

CRad
05-19-2007, 20:42
It is tactical intelligence. Doesn't take a double-naught spy to find out. People can be bought for a buck or two. Hell, kg tells them which hootch I'm in when he gives them their in-briefing...:p

I could be wrong.

Nope. You are dead on right and that's a great answer. Thank you.

x SF med
05-20-2007, 10:32
I went through the course with Greg too, he was my ruck buddy... I think this is a bit of a stretch with the spy thing... He was a good man.

Peregrino
05-20-2007, 12:55
I agree with NDD. I'm glad she's paying for being a spy but I seriously doubt she was as important to the success of the attack as the author would have us believe. The FMLN was quite capable of conducting operations on that scale. FWIW - a lot of what is "known" by the general public about the 4th Bde attack (and most of the El Sal "troubles") is erroneous. The USASOC Historian's Office is preparing a monograph detailing USSF involvement over the course of the conflict. They have unprecedented access to participants from both sides and (if it's anything like their previous products) it will be an insightful and scholarly look at an important period of SF history. It should be completed and released w/i the next year (and I'm snatching my copies as soon as I hear about its release!).

You always went the extra mile; your sacrifice was our loss. Rest in peace Rojo.

Peregrino

echoes
05-20-2007, 12:59
RIP Sir. I am glad the family has finally found some "closure", as the article states.

longrange1947
05-20-2007, 20:17
If I'm thinking of the right situation the wall where he was sleeping was blown which is what killed him.

Actually that was a cover story. He was awake and directing fighting when he was killed.

Part of the "55" story.

Add to the fact that that compound had been studied and predicted that it would be an easy overrun back in 81. I know, I did the survey. It would not take a military genius or any big time spy.

one-zero
05-21-2007, 16:35
...It would not take a military genius or any big time spy.
RGR that LR1947 & NDD; These articles dragging up Montes as having anything to do with Fronius are BS. Someone's out for a little self-aggrandizement & book promotion (author Scott W. Carmichael, a 56-year-old spy catcher for the Defense Intelligence Agency in Washington.)

She did harm, but at a different level...A detailed damage assesment was done.

1-0