PDA

View Full Version : NG LRS article in the 75th Ranger Regiment Association PATROLLING magazine

eyes
05-17-2007, 07:53

Pete
05-17-2007, 08:14
That was big enough for even my eyes.

I don't think you'll get many takers from SF guys.

Pete

blue02hd
05-17-2007, 18:29
"Former members of the 75th Ranger Regiment are well represented in Guard LRSUs as are former Navy SEALs, Marines, Airmen and many other USASOC, SOCOM, and general Paratrooper elite types.

So why are they advertising? Sounds like they have it all wrapped up?

<Yawn>

BTW, can you use general AND elite as an adjective describing the same subject? My head hurts.

Sinister
05-17-2007, 18:45
D-151 (Indiana Guard) I believe has Vietnam honors.

G-143 (TXARNG) holds LRSU designation because it was too hard to maintain Ranger-qualified strength.

I served in C Company, 1st Battalion, 143rd Infantry, 36th Airborne Brigade of the Texas Army National Guard, the 82nd's Guard round-out brigade. It deactivated in 1980. Texas received a re-flagging and stood up G Company (Ranger)(Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol), 143rd Infantry, TXARNG, headquartered at the Houston Light Guard Armory in Houston. 3rd Platoon, Pathfinders, and Riggers were at a separate location at Camp Mabry in Austin).

F Company (Ranger) (Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol), 425th Infantry was in Flint, Michigan.

I'm told the Ranger designations were dropped and both companies were reassigned as Corps LRSUs in the 90s.

The Reaper
05-17-2007, 18:47
IIRC, LRSDs do not have slots for 18 series personnel.

TR

JGarcia
05-18-2007, 11:06
Sir,
The Guard is a weird bird. Just because one is an 18 series doesn't mean he cannot be in an infantry or any other unit. The Soldier takes up a spot on the UMR, which then indicates that the Soldier is not MOSQ'd. Which reflects on the unit readiness. So they try and get you to MOS Q as soon as possible, but in the meantime they won't typically turn you away. Strength (unit numbers) is everything.

kachingchingpow
05-18-2007, 12:02
Co. H 122nd is/was here in GA. I spent my last year in the guard with them after leaving C/1/20 SFG in MD (now in MA). Good group of folks overall. Higher caliber of soldier than you'll find in most other guard unit's. They jumped quite a bit. Decent option for someone living where an SF guard unit might be out of range.

504PIR
05-19-2007, 01:10
kachingchingpow,

Its H Co 121st LRSC who is in Ga. Home station is now Atlanta. Currently on second trip to Iraq. Its my old unit, good people, has access to many schools, lots overseas ATs and there have been a few 18 series folks in the unit. Its not an SF unit, but it was very squared away unit when I was in it.

kachingchingpow
05-21-2007, 10:32
Thx for the correction on that. I was with it back in 92 in Cartersville. Guess I can correct my profile now ;)

Actually, upon executing a little google-fu....

http://78thtroop.com/221stmi/lrs/LRS_Gallery/unithistory.html
(It was the 122nd when I was in, it changed to the 121 in 93.)