PDA

View Full Version : GORP

Sdiver
05-07-2007, 21:05
Gorp....aka...Trail Mix.

I just made up a big tumbler of Gorp. Sticking with the basics I went with....

16oz bag of M&M's
16oz can of Lightly Salted Peanuts
10oz can of Almonds
1 large sized box of Raisins
16 oz can of Cashews

Just wondering if anyone else makes their own, and what you use, or if you stick with the pre-mixed store bought.

jatx
05-07-2007, 21:08
I like to add dried cranberries and banana chips.

Peregrino
05-07-2007, 21:40
I swapped over to the Walmart brand (Sam's Choice/Member's Mark). Quantity, quality, price, and selection/variety. About the only thing required of me is small ziplock bags (aisle 250 :D ). Seriously, it's rare that I eat enough trail mix to warrant passing on the "economies of scale" I realize at Sam's Clubs. I can't begin to buy the various ingredients for a comparable price, especially for the more exotic mixes. I understand COSTCO (not available in my area) has something similar? Peregrino

Sdiver
05-07-2007, 21:48
I swapped over to the Walmart brand (Sam's Choice/Member's Mark). Quantity, quality, price, and selection/variety. About the only thing required of me is small ziplock bags (aisle 250 :D ). Seriously, it's rare that I eat enough trail mix to warrant passing on the "economies of scale" I realize at Sam's Clubs. I can't begin to buy the various ingredients for a comparable price, especially for the more exotic mixes. I understand COSTCO has something similar (not available in my area)? Peregrino

That's why I made up a big tumbler and have enough to make up another one with the same mix I mentioned above.

One of the stores around here, had a special on the three cans of nuts, 2 cans for $5.00. So I went ahead and bought 2 cans of each, along with the M&M's and Raisins. Heck of a deal when the pre-mix was/is $4.25 a pound.

That's good to know that those zip-lock baggies are on aisle 250....Thanks. :D

stakk4
05-08-2007, 07:31
Add coconut shavings and dried mango slices and you're really talking.

echoes
05-08-2007, 14:58
I like mine with:
an assortment of raisins, pineaple, banana chips, appricots, pecans, filberts, cashew nuts, almonds, brazils, coconut and dates.

Holly

bandycpa
05-08-2007, 15:15
Holly,

That looks too good to eat. Very "Iron Chef"!

Bandy

echoes
05-08-2007, 16:03
Holly,

That looks too good to eat. Very "Iron Chef"!

Bandy

I hope so...I stole the pic from a website that promotes healthy trailmix! :lifter

Mine has some of the color, but the shapes always vary.;)

Holly