PDA

View Full Version : Ammo for the S&W 22-4

Noslack71
05-01-2007, 02:57
I was at a gunstore a week ago and, a fellow was talking about the different types of .45 he was using with his Thunder Ranch 22-4. He was telling the clerk that he started off using .45ACP with the moon clips. He was either told or discovered that he could use either .45 auto or, .45 GAP wth speed loaders. I have Googled around looking for some information about this and, I cannot find anything. Does this sound safe and, a reasonable alternative to the moon clips? If anyone has any information or can point me in the right direction, (S&W is not the right direction unless you are interested in the liability policies).

Thank you

Noslack

Air.177
05-01-2007, 07:14
Black Hills will be offering several .45 Auto Rim loads in the near future. These loads are basically made for the 22-4 and should work just fine without speedloaders/moon clips. As for .45 GAP, I have heard rumblings of some competition guys doing that kind of stuff, but I see no use for it in the real world.

HTH, YMMV.

Good times,
Blake

Noslack71
05-04-2007, 19:01
Thanks Air.177, I have been out of pocket the last couple of days and, just saw your reply.