PDA

View Full Version : Support Company inquiry.

stickey
04-24-2007, 18:52
I am moving to FL (Jacksonville area) in a year or so. I was wondering if there are any 0-1 positions in the support company, and if so, is getting assigned or requesting this unit the same as any other unit/non SF-affiliated unit, (such as contacting the POC or UA and making arrangements)?

thanks,

Stickey

jatx
04-24-2007, 19:49
Stickey,

There are MI, QM and Signal slots in the Support Cos. Your best course of action would be to contact the S-3 first and then chat with their recruiter if there is an opening and it seems like a mutual fit.

FYI, there are also MTOE changes underway that will affect the HHCs, so you might inquire about those as well. A number of new branch options are coming available.

Good luck.

stickey
04-24-2007, 19:56
jatx,

Thanks

stickey
10-19-2007, 09:25
Jatx,

Thanks again, taken care and good to go.

jatx
10-19-2007, 14:35
You're killing me here, what did you decide to do? :munchin

stickey
10-20-2007, 05:14
Sir,

Sorry of the lack of detail.

I kept calling and calling, told to call this number then another, then that number said to call a different one, I called all over the state...very arduous but in the end worth it.

Finally got a hold of the right people after 3-4 months of searching, spoke with them, interviewed and I am going that way (Sig).

Teddy13BU6
01-27-2011, 01:19
Looking to IST from NY to FL area. Looking into the Supp. 3/20 in Starke. Seen a few guys from that unit in March during my AT in Blanding and I was surely interested in that unit. Basically I know there Oscar Mike at the moment. Spoke to the S-1 there on Rear Det. Same thing like Stickey said in his post, got a run around. Well here are my stats, maybe someone can help me out here or point me in the right direction etc.....

SPC/13BU6 - NYARNG, 3-1/2yrs NG time. Interested in getting closer to that SF tab! I figured I can go Support, get myself prepped for the Selection in due time.

Please Advise,

Thanks,

Teddy

lindy
01-29-2011, 09:37
Spoke to the S-1 there on Rear Det. Same thing like Stickey said in his post, got a run around.

Huh? What do you mean "the run around"? I take it they told you something you did not want to hear.

I'm confused.:confused:

Teddy13BU6
01-29-2011, 12:36
Huh? What do you mean "the run around"? I take it they told you something you did not want to hear.

I'm confused.:confused:

Well when I contact SPT 3/20th, I was informed they were Oscar Mike. He told me he didn't know what slots are available etc.. And that they would be back later next year. Advised me to call the FL IST Coordinator, Which I did and I was told to call my IST coordinator in NY. Basically the question I have is:

1. What are the qual's or standards for one to get into a SPT CO?
2. What are some of the MOS's I could possible get there?

I have been doing extensive research on SPT CO's, GSC's and BSC's online. Not much info besides the fact they support Groups. Nothing pertaining to what MOS's are in the SPT CO's or what are the standards for one to apply to a unit.

lindy
01-29-2011, 14:19
Why not just IST to their NQP unit?

You are aware that 20th SFG(A) is made up of 3 BNs and each BN has a Spt Co? I can only ASSUME that a BSC is a BSC is a BSC.

Teddy13BU6
01-29-2011, 14:29
Why not just IST to their NQP unit?

You are aware that 20th SFG(A) is made up of 3 BNs and each BN has a Spt Co? I can only ASSUME that a BSC is a BSC is a BSC.

Roger, I preferably would like to IST to the FL unit. As I lived in FL for 2 years, and I been to Camp. Blanding a few time during my career. I would like to be attached to 3/20th if possible. What would be a NQP unit within the 20th?

Jgood
01-29-2011, 15:59
Research and get back to US

Roger, I preferably would like to IST to the FL unit. As I lived in FL for 2 years, and I been to Camp. Blanding a few time during my career. I would like to be attached to 3/20th if possible. What would be a NQP unit within the 20th?

Teddy13BU6
01-29-2011, 16:56
Research and get back to US

Ok i've been doing that NQP search for sometime now....Only thing that comes up for NQP is only showing for soldiers interested in getting TABBED. I cant find anything on SPT CO's and NQP. I've looked at here, multiple other forums, google, SF Support Co pages and still nothing on NQP and BSC's.

koz
01-29-2011, 21:57
Looking to IST from NY to FL area. Looking into the Supp. 3/20 in Starke. Seen a few guys from that unit in March during my AT in Blanding and I was surely interested in that unit.

SPC/13BU6 - NYARNG, 3-1/2yrs NG time. Interested in getting closer to that SF tab! I figured I can go Support, get myself prepped for the Selection in due time.

Ok i've been doing that NQP search for sometime now....Only thing that comes up for NQP is only showing for soldiers interested in getting TABBED. I cant find anything on SPT CO's and NQP. I've looked at here, multiple other forums, google, SF Support Co pages and still nothing on NQP and BSC's.

Do you want to be SF - on an ODA or do you want to be support? IF you want to go to selection, go be an NQP and get good training, keep progressing, keep a good attitude and go to selection. Otherwise you're going to be a support guy doing support things. As far as I know there are no support NQP's. My time in 20th, NQPs did a lot of PT, land nav, and other events designed to prepare them for selection. The unit will send you when you're ready.

Teddy13BU6
01-30-2011, 04:14
Do you want to be SF - on an ODA or do you want to be support? IF you want to go to selection, go be an NQP and get good training, keep progressing, keep a good attitude and go to selection. Otherwise you're going to be a support guy doing support things. As far as I know there are no support NQP's. My time in 20th, NQPs did a lot of PT, land nav, and other events designed to prepare them for selection. The unit will send you when you're ready.

At the present time I just would like to go Support. Thanks for the information will do more research in the support area.

exsquid
01-30-2011, 11:44
Support Company is not a ^&*$ing place to hang out until you think you are ready to try out for SFAS. We %^&*ing want guys that are going to spend their career supporting us by doing what we need them to do. We have a BSC mechanic that Teams (A&B) fight over. Why you ask, because the guy is a mechanical savant. We have an Analyst on his third MOB in 4yrs & I would match his skills against an AD guy any day of the week. I work w/ an EMS guy who builds fricking laser beams in the civilian world. We don't want guys coming to Support Co asking what MOS can I pick so I can hang out with you guys? We want a guy who comes and says, "hey I have been doing whatever for X number of years & this is the skills I can offer you." We need enablers, not strap hangers.

x/S

Teddy13BU6
01-30-2011, 12:51
Makes sense what your saying. I agree, anyone who just wants to hangout or looking for a free ride shouldn't be in this Army. I didn't join for a paycheck. I joined for reasons of selfless service and serving my country in time of need. I wish I could say my MOS was helpful to SPT in SF. Sure might come in handy one day, but for the most part its nothing pertaining to Support Co's. I agree, I wouldn't expect anything less from the guys in Support. They need to be part of that pyramid that makes the best of the best get there mission done. The only reason I asked what MOS's are available is so I know what to expect. Know what to study and get into know while waiting for reply's. I take pride within all that I do. I may be some no knowledge 4yrs in SPC, but I'm the best damn advanced party element in my battalion. I take pride in my job, the mission and succeeding! I don't take that extra hour or two of down time because I know things need to get done, I volunteer my ass or just do it! I'm not a 20yr E4/E5 lifer. I know I can succeed and be the best in my field.

Respectively...

exsquid
01-30-2011, 13:05
OK Teddy, try Rigger, SIGINT, Analyst, EMS, Supply, Admin, Comms, Mechanic, or NBC for starters.

x/S

Teddy13BU6
01-30-2011, 13:13
OK Teddy, try Rigger, SIGINT, Analyst, EMS, Supply, Admin, Comms, Mechanic, or NBC for starters.

x/S

Thanks Exsquid, sorry if I came out a little irregular, I have much respect for you and the professional soldiers of past and present. Will look into those fields and start studying them.

Teddy13BU6
01-31-2011, 14:52
Ok I got in touch with the right people. Thanks for the help and support guys..