PDA

View Full Version : BEEF...It's What's For Dinner!

echoes
04-20-2007, 12:18
Greetings!!! For those who do a lot of camping and outdoor cooking. Think Hamburgers!

All-American Hamburgers

From Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook
http://recipes.rd.com/eRMS/recp.aspx?recid=29321

INGREDIENTS

2 tablespoons diced onion

2 tablespoons chili sauce

1 Jalepeno, minced

2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

2 teaspoons prepared mustard

1 pound ground beef

4 slices American or Cheddar cheese, halved diagonally

2 slices Swiss or Pepper Jack cheese, halved diagonally

4 hamburger buns, split and toasted

Lettuce leaves, sliced pickles, sliced tomato and onion, cooked bacon, ketchup and mustard, optional

DIRECTIONS
In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. During the last minute of cooking, top each patty with two triangles of American/Cheddar cheese and one triangle of Swiss/Pepper Jack cheese. Serve on buns with lettuce, pickle, tomato, onion, bacon, ketchup and mustard if desired. Yield: 4 servings.

Does anyone have a favorite side dish for the hamburger???

SOCOM8721
04-20-2007, 12:33
Stand by.... Firing up the Grill!

incommin
04-20-2007, 12:35
Now, that does look pretty good!

Jim

echoes
04-20-2007, 13:02
Now, that does look pretty good!

Jim

SOCOM8721, incommin:

Sir's, YEA!!! What about sides...we need sides for the lonely burger, right? :D

Holly

SOCOM8721
04-20-2007, 13:07
But some red beans and rice always go good with a set up like that for me. And an Ice cold Brew with a chaser of the CSM's finest hooch!

Roguish Lawyer
04-20-2007, 17:18
I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes. Big kosher pickle and a cold glass beer.

jbour13
04-20-2007, 17:56
SOCOM8721, incommin:

Sir's, YEA!!! What about sides...we need sides for the lonely burger, right? :D

Holly

Ummmm...... a second burger :confused:

I'm simple, maybe a beer or six :D

lksteve
04-20-2007, 20:56
I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes. Big kosher pickle and a cold glass beer.Counsel, don't quit your day job...geezburger in lotus land...:rolleyes:

Jgood
04-21-2007, 12:09
Grilled corn on the cob and baked beans

Roguish Lawyer
04-21-2007, 20:14
Counsel, don't quit your day job...geezburger in lotus land...:rolleyes:

LOL, I was beginning to think that no one got it . . . :D

echoes
04-22-2007, 14:45
LOL, I was beginning to think that no one got it . . . :D

I got it Sir! :D I went to JB's "Margaritaville" in New Orleans in '94, and yep, they played that song...I will never forget it. I hope it survived Katrina...it was a dandy of a place!

Holly

brewmonkey
04-25-2007, 23:31
I just bought a nice big rib roast at COSTCO that yielded about 16 1.5" ribeyes for the grill. I can't wait to get some marinade on them and throw them on the coals.

echoes
04-26-2007, 10:06
I just bought a nice big rib roast at COSTCO that yielded about 16 1.5" ribeyes for the grill. I can't wait to get some marinade on them and throw them on the coals.

Brew...

Pictures please! :) Sounds yummy! What marinade do you use?

Holly

RTK
04-26-2007, 12:55
Anyone who's ever been around Kansas City knows of the Gates BBQ. They sell BBQ sauces that kick ass. My favorite is the hot and spicy, which works for Burgers and Chicken.

brewmonkey
04-27-2007, 06:58
Anyone who's ever been around Kansas City knows of the Gates BBQ. They sell BBQ sauces that kick ass. My favorite is the hot and spicy, which works for Burgers and Chicken.

You cannot throw a rock without hitting Gates, and yes it is indeed some damn fine stuff. Thankfully KC is a haven for BBQ and there are tons of mom and pop joints that are as good and maybe better then Gates.

As for what I will be using, I am not sure yet but with all the rib eyes that I was able to cut I am sure I will be trying a variety of marinades. I am also thinking of going and grabbing another roast or two and freezing them for the time being. In addition to the roast I have 2 full slabs of pork ribs and a slab of baby backs that I will be doing. I know that one of the slabs will be done with Chinese 5 spice and a hoisin sauce. You do them slow and low in the oven, like 225 for 4 or 5 hours and then finish them quickly on the grill with the sauce. If I had a proper smoker I would use that instead, but until I have that the oven will do.