PDA

View Full Version : Anerobic (Lifting) Workout

Warrior-Mentor
04-19-2007, 19:56
Because a number of people have asked various questions about lifting,
here's a copy of the work out Rex and I used for 3 months whie we were in Colombia.
The end result, I was stronger and more cut than ever before...

PROs: It's great because it varies the workout daily to keep it interesting. It allows sufficient time for recovery, so it's not likely to overtrain.

CONs: It takes about an hour a day to complete (this doesn't include Aerobic!) It's best when used with a training serious partner (to help spot, and to push you).

It's from Dr. Fred Hatfield's Harcore Body Building: A Scientific Approach.
Ensure you get the book with this EXACT NAME. He has at least one earlier book with a similiar name which doesn't include this workout and gives some bad advice (endorses anabolic steroid use).

Here's the link:http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/files/anaerobic_pt.pdf

jbour13
04-19-2007, 20:04
Gives the 404 Message Sir

lksteve
04-19-2007, 20:17
Gives the 404 Message Sir+1...

Dan
04-19-2007, 20:18
Fixed link

jbour13
04-19-2007, 20:58
Thanks for the information Sir.

Thanks for fixing the link Dan.

SRT31B
04-20-2007, 07:56
Thanks for the info Sir. I'll have to give it a shot when I get back... Heading out next weekend with 6-07. Looks like it will be a real good workout though.

abc_123
04-24-2007, 15:05
Fred Hatfield's web site (drsquat.com) has a lot of free lifting/nutrition information with a strong bent towards powerlifting. He is a member of the powerlifting hall of fame, multiple record holder and was on of the big names in competitive powerlifting in the '80's.

JPH
04-25-2007, 12:48
I am only on day two of this workout, but I am really enjoying it. It both fits my schedule, is comprehensive, AND THE BIG ONE… includes lots of different exercises so it is fun and not just the same old crap every other day. I add to this a nightly run, good food, and a bit of sleep and I think this may be the work out for me. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks,
JPH

Warrior-Mentor
09-05-2007, 18:41
Here's a success story from this program....used it for 7 weeks with a Navy Chief who weighed 270lbs when we started....when I redeployed 7 weeks later...he was 20 lbs lighter and he hadn't even done any cardio with me.

Not bad for just lifting. My body weight on the other hand, stayed the same.