PDA

View Full Version : (rank unknown) Danny Alvis

JGarcia
04-19-2007, 12:59
I don't know this guy, but I got this in my inbox and was asked to pass it around, figured someone here might know him.

Please post this to the list if you would. For Danny and Sue, it would be good to have some of his SF friends show at the service on Saturday.

Danny Alvis passed away Wednesday, April 11, 2007 when his experimental aircraft crashed near Danville, Virginia. Danny was a member of 10th SFG(A) and 1stSFG(A) in the 80s and 90s. A service will be held at 2 p.m. at Andrews Mortuary, Market Street Chapel, in Wilmington, NC on Saturday April 21st. His wife would be appreciative of any of his Army friends coming to the service.

In lieu of flowers, Sue has asked for donations to be made to stepupforsoldiers.com, a Wilmington area charity that retrofits housing for wounded vets returning from Iraq and Afghanistan, so that they have accessibility in their own homes. Danny was very involved in this honorable work.

SGM (R) Greg Johnson

SOCOM8721
04-19-2007, 14:17
Danny was a Captain as I remember. Hosted a radio talk show on a local radio station where he lived.

He was a great guy. Willing to lend a hand to anyone. When he got involved in something he was a hard charger no matter what.

Texian
04-19-2007, 21:36
RIP, Warrior.

Goggles Pizano
04-20-2007, 07:29
Rest in peace.

Daver
04-29-2007, 13:15
I knew Danny very well back in the 80's out at Ft. Lewis. He was a new 2LT in the LRSU unit I started out in and was one of the guys that helped point me towards SF. He had just received his commission after spending time in 10th Group as an NCO. We both served in 1st Group in the early 90's but I hadn't seen him in several years and didn't know where he went to. It's a shame he lost his life, but knowing Danny, at least he was doing something exciting which is how I remember him living life.
Rest well fellow Green Beret......

Ambush Master
04-29-2007, 13:24
Rest in Peace Brother.

Will meet you,on the other side!!

vsvo
04-30-2007, 09:57
RIP