PDA

View Full Version : Gladius Night Ops Flashlight

XspankyX
04-17-2007, 02:42
A fellow officer recently told me about this light blackhawkvideo.com/flashlights.html. The videos are pretty impressive.

On duty I use either my department issued Maglight or my Surefire G2 Nitrolon. I work the midnight shift in one of the rougher areas of town and based on what I have seen, this flashlight looks like it would be put to good use.

I watched the videos and read some reviews, one of which was from the SHOT Show, and it looks like it is highly effective. Before I can justify to the wife spending anywhere from $180-200+ on a flashlight, has anyone used one of these? Or maybe know someone who has one?

Thanks for reading this.

I removed the "hot link" from blackhawk, I personally cannot stand blackhawk and think 99% of what they make is for children. Team Sergeant

Peregrino
04-17-2007, 10:29
I'm with TS on Blackhawk products. Though they do do a good job of acquiring, producing, and marketing available ideas. And the end result is a product that appeals to a mass market at an enticing price point for the retailer and less discriminating customer. (Personally, I confine my purchases to a select list of manufacturers, all of whom have been discussed elsewhere on this forum.)

The point of your post was the Gladius. Personal Opinion: The ones I've played with have been complicated (what feature is the switch set on this time?) and delicate (the aforementioned switch). IMHO tools should be intuitive, the Gladius is not. It attempts to be the "Swiss Army Knife" of flashlights. I quit carrying SAKs 25 years ago. Acquaintances who spent money on one were not impressed with customer service either.

My .02 - Peregrino

XspankyX
04-20-2007, 17:50
Thank you for the quick reply and information on Blackhawk. I have never purchased anything from them nor have I known anyone that has but I will be sticking with Surefire.