PDA

View Full Version : Preselection Process

medic
04-16-2007, 08:21
I was wondering if I any one knows if it is possible to go to the interview to get into the training platoon for the 2/19th without being serving in the Guard? I am currently in the Reserves and have posed this question to my NG recruiter and he has not responded. I have searched the site for "preselection", "interview", and "process" and have not been able to find anything.

If this topic has been covered I apologize. I will continue my search for this answer. Thank you in advance.

Medic

Five-O
04-16-2007, 08:55
First sticky in the 19th GRP forum gives 19th GRP contact information. I would suspect they might be of some assistance.

booker
04-16-2007, 09:51
PM Inbound

GPM99
02-14-2010, 12:24
Contact the appropriate Company in the state you are looking for. You could certainly get an interview and attend an SF briefing and not be in the Guard, but if you are going to be on a training team it will be less hassle if you're already in the Guard. There are the options of getting a Support position or 18X if you need to tighten up your basic infantry skills or get a look at SF and decide if it's for you. Each Co. has different options, interview, pre-selection and training team procedures that I have seen.

If you get on a training team it helps to get in shape before you start. At least work on your PT scores, pull-ups (palms out), running and rucking. If you have access to a climbing rope that will help too.

Surgicalcric
02-14-2010, 15:06
You need to re/read the email you received when you registered and follow the instructions contained therein. Post an introduction in the appropriate place before posting again.

Also, in the future take a look at the date of the last post before responding. This thread is more than 1-1/2 years old.......

Crip

Surgicalcric
02-14-2010, 15:11
You need to re/read the email you received when you registered and follow the instructions contained therein. Post an introduction in the appropriate place before posting again.

One would think, having been a member since 2006, you would have learned from other people's mistakes...

Crip