PDA

View Full Version : SFA Chapter XXII - Desert Rats

Hipshot
04-15-2007, 16:46
:D
Last night the local SFA chapter (Chapter XXII - Desert Rats) had their meet & greet at the Chapter president's home (nice place Marc) complete with beer, BBQ, and a band. I think all had a great time. I was in awe of some of the attendee's - one guy made the Market-Garden jump with the 82nd, long time 'old' SF; a retired AF general who started the FAC program in RVN in 1962; big turn out of SOG members (mostly CCN) and lots of others folks; several Phoenix program folks (and I don't mean AZ either). Band was good - lots of 60's and 70's rock. Marc said he invited the neighbors so they wouldn't call the cops. They had enough food to feed an army. I had forgotten how well SF could party.

Monsoon65
04-15-2007, 16:51
Sounds like a great time!!

Funny where some people turn up. I had just read, "The Ravens" when I was stationed in Germany. At the end, he lists all that flew with that program. One of the first was my Wing Commander. A really great, down to earth guy.

adal
04-15-2007, 18:36
Hipshot,
It was a great time wasn't it? I am the bald guy with the two cattle dogs and a blue aloha shirt.
It was great to be back in the company of "real" folks. Worth the drive down from Flagstaff.

Hipshot
04-23-2007, 20:35
Here's the group photo from the Chapter XXII meeting two weekends ago. God, what a group! I'm far right in the Levi jacket.

Pete
04-24-2007, 04:11
What a fine looking group of gentlemen.

Pete

adal
04-24-2007, 13:14
Great bunch of guys!! Thanks for the pic Hipshot. adal