PDA

View Full Version : The Great Global Warming Swindle

BMT (RIP)
04-15-2007, 15:47
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/017028.php

BMT

Joe-Boo
04-15-2007, 20:14
A great Documentary. Plus, the English accent of the narrator makes it seem so much more credible (besides the actual debunking) than AlGore's feminine southern accent.

lksteve
04-15-2007, 20:45
Plus, the English accent of the narrator makes it seem so much more credible that particular statement is as big a crock of BS as i've seen posted here in some time...the English are among the most shrill in the developed world and the accent could be mistaken as that of a disaffected member of society...any accent should be subordinated to the content of the discussion...of course, maybe that's just my Southern background speaking...

the film itself underscores what little i recollect from my undergraduate education in earth sciences...as a young undergraduate between enlistments in the mid 70s, greenhouse gases were going to cause another ice age...political expedience changes a lot of concerns...as a professor in the 39 program used to say "power goes where money flows..."

i would agree that the politics of the current green movement probably has Marx smiling in Hell...

Five-O
04-16-2007, 06:29
Great post BMT thanks. This documentry deserves the widest possible distribution.

Joe-Boo
04-16-2007, 07:28
lksteve,

Sorry, appears I failed again at some sarcasm.

Next time I will insert a ":p " for effect.

AlGore has a definate "sensitive" tone to his accent much like Sen Edwards. It has the same effect on me as scratching a chalk board when he tries to lecture all of humanity.

Just for effect.... :D

Joey

Ambush Master
04-16-2007, 21:03
Thank God for Global Warming!!! You guys would be under the Ice Cap if it hadn't saved us!!!:D

Monsoon65
04-18-2007, 13:50
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070418/lf_afp/lifestylewarmingdeath_070418143046

SYDNEY (AFP) - An Australian scientist called Wednesday for an end to the age-old tradition of cremation, saying the practice contributed to global warming.

Professor Roger Short said people could instead choose to help the environment after death by being buried in a cardboard box under a tree.

The decomposing bodies would provide the tree with nutrients, and the tree would convert carbon dioxide into life-giving oxygen for decades, he said.

"The important thing is, what a shame to be cremated when you go up in a big bubble of carbon dioxide," Short told AFP.

"Why waste all that carbon dioxide on your death?"

Short said the cremation of the average male in Australia, during which the body is heated to 850 degrees Celsius (1,562 degrees Fahrenheit) for 90 minutes, produced more than 50 kilograms (110 pounds) of carbon dioxide.

And that doesn't include the carbon cost of fuel, or the cost of the emissions released during the production and burning of the wooden casket.

Short, a reproductive biologist at the University of Melbourne, said the contribution of cremation to harmful greenhouse gases was small, and he did not wish to prevent people from choosing how their body was disposed of according to their religion.

But to bury the hatchet with environmentalists, he suggested it would not be a bad idea to bequeath one's body as food for a forest.

"You can actually do, after your death, an enormous amount of good for the planet," he said. "The more forests you plant, the better."

TENGU
04-18-2007, 15:17
Are these the same folks that cried "Global Cooling " in the eighties?
Since the fall of the Soviet Union the Commies have taken up a new banner:
You guessed it: Enviormentalism!

Razor
04-18-2007, 16:45
Its been a while since 3d grade science, but don't trees require CO2 during photosynthesis to produce glucose, which they sort of need to live? So, if we (the US) have more trees per acre now than in the last 150 years, shouldn't we need more CO2 to "feed" them? :rolleyes: Perhaps that's the solution; all the tree huggers need to go to the edge of their local forest and set themselves on fire to release their CO2 to the trees.

JGarcia
04-19-2007, 10:32
Watch how this is changing... It was global warming... NOW, the vanguards of the movement are chaning their tunes, it is now "Climate Change." So that any type of severe weather can be attributed to man made "climate change."

Also, yesterday there was a news report that "climate change" is causing above average wind shear, which will rip the tops off of any tropical storms trying to form into hurrincanes, so we will actually have fewer hurricanes in the future.

See how they've hedged their bets? Earlier in the year the climatologists were forcasting a record hurricane season, then other climatologists come out and say fewer hurricanes. Either way it's man made "climate change."

This is a plan it seems to me, to find a good footing for creating a tax on your freedom of movement. This is generated to make money for someone.

Alchemist
04-19-2007, 13:20
Monsoon65, thanks for that link and excerpt.

And that [the CO2 from a cremated body] doesn't include the carbon cost of fuel, or the cost of the emissions released during the production and burning of the wooden casket.

Which is odd, because it seems to me that those should be the only net contribution that cremation makes to atmospheric CO2.

Sadly assuming he wasn't just messing with the reporter, I'd like to ask the good professor where he thinks the carbon in our bodies came from, and where he imagines it's going to wind up in the long run, whatever the funeral arrangements.

Ret10Echo
04-30-2007, 04:45
Gore blasts Canada's greenhouse-gas plan

MONTREAL (AFP) - Environmental crusader and former US vice president Al Gore on Saturday accused the Canadian government of preparing a fraudulent emissions cutback plan, drawing a sharp response from Ottawa.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070428/wl_canada_afp/canadausclimate

Former VP alienating the neighbors...over a "theory"...marvelous. Maybe the Dims will have him make all their campaign ads.

The Reaper
04-30-2007, 07:39
Gore blasts Canada's greenhouse-gas plan

MONTREAL (AFP) - Environmental crusader and former US vice president Al Gore on Saturday accused the Canadian government of preparing a fraudulent emissions cutback plan, drawing a sharp response from Ottawa.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070428/wl_canada_afp/canadausclimate

Former VP alienating the neighbors...over a "theory"...marvelous. Maybe the Dims will have him make all their campaign ads.

Maybe they should deny landing rights to politicians attacking environmental policies but arriving in private jets?

TR

futureSoldier
04-30-2007, 08:00
You all are missing out on the tragically hilarious actions/opinions of college students on global warming (or really anything else). I have a friend who is trying to get our university to reseed the lawns with saplings so as to create a "forest campus." These people are serious-and crazy. There is no question that 90% of students "know" that global warming is way more of an eminent danger than terrorism, Iran, etc. Only Bush is more feared than global warming. If it weren't so sad the modern university would be the setting of the greatest comedy ever.

Joe