PDA

View Full Version : Divide and Rule - "Securing Baghdad"

Snaquebite
04-12-2007, 08:53
Article sent to me e-mail

Robert Fisk: America's plan for Baghdad
Divide and rule. A new counter-insurgency strategy to carve up the city into sealed areas. The tactic failed in Vietnam. So what chance does it have in Iraq?
Published: 11 April 2007

From the web:

In the British journalistic tradition of the foreign correspondent, Fisk has developed a personal analysis of the foreign affairs that he covers and presents them in that light, often with trenchant criticism of the British government and its allies. His admirers take this as a sign of his depth of knowledge; his critics take it as confirmation of his incorrigible bias. Fisk is a consistent critic of what he perceives as hypocrisy in British government foreign policy.

incommin
04-12-2007, 09:03
What failed in Vietnam was our elected leaders!

Jim

Razor
04-12-2007, 12:32
I stopped reading after the first two paragraphs. He obviously isn't familiar with his own country's military history, as the British were establishing "gated communities" in Malaya over a decade before the US adopted the concept in Vietnam. If he isn't willing to do even a slight bit of research and study on insurgencies throughout history before he spouts off his opinion on our current operations in Iraq, I'm really not interested in reading his uneducated drivel.