PDA

View Full Version : Arizona

Geo
04-11-2007, 21:46
Hello. I'm looking for a little advice. My wife and I are Flying out to Vegas for three days in May. That's the easy part. We are going to drive from Las Vegas to Arizona and spend five days in Arizona. We want to see the Grand Canyon and get as far south as Phoenix. We're not sure how many days we will need at the Canyon. We would also like to see Flagstaff and Sedona. It appears Flagstaff is a good base camp for this. Does anyone know if we will have enough time or are we pushing it a bit here? Thanks for your input.

adal
04-11-2007, 21:54
I'm in Flag currently. Born and raised. Five days is plenty for a leisurely tour of the northland, but..... It all depends on what you want to see. You have any questions send me a PM with contact info and I will get back to you. adal

kgoerz
04-11-2007, 23:02
I been out to Bisbee Arizona to visit my brother a few times. He renovated a mining cabin that was originally purchased out of the Sears catalog around 1914. If your looking for a quit place to get away Bisbee is it. But there are two Bisbee's, My brother lives in whats considered the better one:confused: Someone else on here will have to explain the difference. Cool small town, great hiking.

Team Sergeant
04-12-2007, 08:09
Hello. I'm looking for a little advice. My wife and I are Flying out to Vegas for three days in May. That's the easy part. We are going to drive from Las Vegas to Arizona and spend five days in Arizona. We want to see the Grand Canyon and get as far south as Phoenix. We're not sure how many days we will need at the Canyon. We would also like to see Flagstaff and Sedona. It appears Flagstaff is a good base camp for this. Does anyone know if we will have enough time or are we pushing it a bit here? Thanks for your input.

Use Flafstaff as a basecamp. There's nothing to see in Phoenix unless you want to view annual the migration of the US and Canadian Snowbirds........

Bring a lot of sunscreen.;)

TS

x SF med
04-12-2007, 10:28
Use Flafstaff as a basecamp. There's nothing to see in Phoenix unless you want to view annual the migration of the US and Canadian Snowbirds........

Bring a lot of sunscreen.;)

TS

Jefe-
Aren't the snowbirds the ones who keep Doc T employed? Maybe you should see about starting a new sport --- Senior Tipping, could be lucrative for you.:D

Ret10Echo
04-12-2007, 10:53

If you are interested in areas to the North, the drive in and out of Phoenix can be brutal at times. Spent a few years in Yuma and we would use Verde Valley or Flagstaff to work the canyon, Sunset Craters NM, Tuzigoot and the various other cliff-dwellings in the area. For ID holder there is a MWR facility (Fort Tuthill) just South of Flag, Lodge, Yurts and Cabins. How busy they are is pretty seasonal. About now it may be tough to get in but the facility is pretty nice.
Depends on what sort of environment you want to be in....city or rural?

Smokin Joe
04-12-2007, 18:59
I too am in Flagstaff if Adal cannot hook you up (which I know he can). Drop me a PM.

Geo
04-13-2007, 05:41
Thanks for all of the input. I am looking forward to the trip. Although it is warming up to a balmy forty degrees here today:rolleyes:

Roguish Lawyer
04-13-2007, 13:06
Unless you want to hike or raft, you'll need about 5 minutes for the Grand Canyon. That scene in Vacation is spot on.

adal
04-13-2007, 13:16
Geo,
Got an inch of snow last night. Nights can be cool and the weather changes about every ten minutes. Nice and dry too. Jsut let me know when and you've got a hook up. adal

Ret10Echo
04-15-2007, 07:22
Unless you want to hike or raft, you'll need about 5 minutes for the Grand Canyon. That scene in Vacation is spot on.

Now if you go without family, the trip down to the Colorado and back out on the Bright Angel Trail is an outstanding workout. The Family Truckster doesn't go down there. (but I suppose it could have :D )