PDA

View Full Version : MSG Edward Joseph LeBlanc

Dan
04-11-2007, 08:58
From http://davidfuneralhome.com/

Video Tribute (http://davidfh.yourtribute.com/viewtribute.asp?fh=davidfh&mv=LeblancEdward.html)

MSG Edward Joseph LeBlanc
(October 21, 1964 - April 5, 2007)

New Iberia – Funeral services for MSG Edward J. LeBlanc, Age 42 will be held Wednesday April 11, 2007 at 2:00 PM at St. Marcellus Catholic Church in Rynella.with Deacon Theo Landry officiating. Interment will follow in St. Marcellus Cemetery. A rosary will be prayed Tuesday April 10, 2007 at 7:00 PM in the funeral home. Visiting hours will be observed Tuesday April 10, 2007 from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM and will resume Wednesday April 11, 2007 from 8:00 AM until time of services.

MSG Edward J. LeBlanc died tragically in a vehicle accident Thursday morning in Fayetteville, North Carolina.

Edward was a native of New Iberia. He joined the US Army in August 1985. The Army took him to various locales throughout the United States and the world. Early in his career Ed was selected and became a member of the selective elite force called the Green Berets. He began his Special Forces career as a Special Forces Medic moving up in the ranks to become a Special Forces Team Sergeant. The most sought out position in Special Forces. Ed served honorably and bravely in Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. Edward J. LeBlanc also served as a Special Forces Operator on numerous military operations throughout South, and Central America in support of US foreign policy. Edward J. LeBlanc’s awards include the Army Bronze Star, the Meritorious Service Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster (OLC), the Army Commendation medals (3OLC), the Special Forces Tab, Master Parachutist Badge, the Combat Medic Badge, and numerous others. He was respected by his peers, subordinates and superiors alike. Edward J. LeBlanc leaves a huge void to all who knew him. His leadership, friendship, and mentorship will be missed by friends; family, and the US Army.

Although work was of profound importance to Ed, it was his family who were paramount in his life. He was a beloved husband to Angela for twenty years. Edward J LeBlanc was a devoted loving father to Misty Nicole, and a mentor to Doug Price. Both Misty Nicole and Doug Price are from Hope Mills, North Carolina. His family that survives him includes: his sister Margie Broussard wife of Edmond, sister Margret Viator wife of Kern, brother Arthur Chubby LeBlanc husband of Shannon, brother Glenn LeBlanc, in-laws Jerry and Brenda Gonsoulin, brother and sister in laws Darin and Heather Gonsoulin, and Greg and Rene Bodin, and Grandmother-in-law Elaine Gautreaux.

Ed was the loving and devoted uncle to numerous nieces and nephews who referred to him as “Nanonk” or Uncle Edward. They are Monica, Melissa, Kevin, Tammy, Brian, Laura, Celeste, Roxanna, Stoney, Kayle, Jade, Kelly, Drake, Kelci, Kade, and Karli, and ten great nieces and nephews.

Ed’s parents Etienne and Emmadell LeBlanc preceded him in death.

David Funeral Home of New Iberia is in charge of funeral arrangements.

The Reaper
04-11-2007, 10:50
RIP, my brother.

My favorite memory of Ed was when we were doing some training together.

We had a package of goodies for him and his team. He really wanted one item of the fifteen or so, there were two of them in the box. We were sorting them out and he mentioned that he wanted one of them. I said for him to help himself. After all, he had put the training together and coordinated most of the resources, he could have first pick. He said that he couldn't do that, it wouldn't be fair to the team. He put numbers on the items and had the guys draw for them.

I decided right then that Ed was the kind of guy I would have liked to have had as my Team Sergeant. Fair, honest, and looking after his people.

Thanks for your service, and friendship, hermano. See you on the other side.

TR

x SF med
04-11-2007, 11:05
Peace Brother Medic, St Michael needs you.

GreenSalsa
04-11-2007, 13:07
RIP Ed,

I attended ANCOC with Ed....

Peregrino
04-11-2007, 13:39
I didn't really get to know Ed until after he took the SFAUC team. I witnessed the incident TR mentions. It was typical of everything I knew about him. His example and its influence will last as long as we remember him. RIP hermano. Peregrino

TitratetoEffect
04-12-2007, 17:03
I remember the day you guys mentioned and that was the way Ed was. Fair is fair and he had a ton of common sense. I will miss him. RIP brother.

Phil

Ambush Master
04-12-2007, 17:05
Rest in Peace Brother.

kgoerz
04-12-2007, 19:13
I remember the day you guys mentioned and that was the way Ed was. Fair is fair and he had a ton of common sense. I will miss him. RIP brother.

Phil

Received a Box thru the APO today. I have been expecting it. A perfect example of Ed's friendship. Six Rolls of Copenhagen Ed mailed two days before the accident. For the past three years Ed has been squaring us away down here.
Once Again, thanks for coming thru brother

Bayonet14
04-19-2008, 07:39
Only had the chance to speak w/Ed twice while he was doing the Sig buy -
RIP and Nothing but Blue Skies for you...
ATW

NousDefionsDoc
04-19-2008, 08:05
I knew him well. He was a great Warrior and I will miss him.

RIP Brother.

MtnGoat
04-19-2008, 08:43
RIP MSG!!!

Blue Sky and soft lands!!

Peace to your family and friends.

Goggles Pizano
04-19-2008, 14:06
Rest in peace MSG LeBlanc.

vsvo
04-19-2008, 16:01
RIP Master Sergeant