PDA

View Full Version : WTB 45 USPc magazines

blue02hd
04-09-2007, 19:05
I am in need of a couple more magazines for my HK USP Compact .45. If anyone has any squirreled away, I would love to see what it would take to seperate you from them.

Thanks,

Team Sergeant
04-09-2007, 19:12
I am in need of a couple more magazines for my HK USP Compact .45. If anyone has any squirreled away, I would love to see what it would take to seperate you from them.

Thanks,

If you find a good source let me know........;)

adal
04-09-2007, 19:47
me too....

The Reaper
04-09-2007, 19:56
You guys need to get your Google on.

Lowest price I found was just under $40 each. Cal's has 152 of them in stock at $37.29 each. You need more than that?

TR

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG318-56032-2276.html

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/hk.html

http://froogle.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=69753073

http://www.impactguns.com/store/hk_magazines.html

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/Heckler_Koch_Magazines_s/729.htm

Team Sergeant
04-09-2007, 20:26
You guys need to get your Google on.

Lowest price I found was just under $40 each. Cal's has 152 of them in stock at $37.29 each. You need more than that?

TR all those Cal's mags are non-hi caps. If I'm going to pay a high price for mags I want the Hi caps....;)

I just visited all the websites you listed and besides Impact gun all were only selling the non-hi cap mags......

The Reaper
04-09-2007, 20:36
TR all those Cal's mags are non-hi caps. If I'm going to pay a high price for mags I want the Hi caps....;)

I just visited all the websites you listed and besides Impact gun all were only selling the non-hi cap mags......

Neither of you asked for hi-caps, just mags.

I may see what I can find for your uberguns later.

How many rounds you looking for, ten?

TR

Peregrino
04-09-2007, 22:25
Neither of you asked for hi-caps, just mags.

I may see what I can find for your uberguns later.

How many rounds you looking for, ten?

TR

That's cruel. They can also try MidwayUSA (www.midwayusa.com). Their ProMag line lists five models from 10 to 45 (drum :rolleyes: ) rd capacity. Not sure I would use them for carry but at 25.99 for 10 or 12 rd versions, they will work for practice, saving wear & tear on the factory ones. Peregrino

82ndtrooper
04-09-2007, 23:26
That's cruel. They can also try MidwayUSA (www.midwayusa.com). Their ProMag line lists five models from 10 to 45 (drum :rolleyes: ) rd capacity. Not sure I would use them for carry but at 25.99 for 10 or 12 rd versions, they will work for practice, saving wear & tear on the factory ones. Peregrino

No offense, but I would not waste my money on the Pro Mags copies for the H&K USP series. I purchased them for their price and all of them failed sooner or later. The mag springs came off the base plate fairly often leaving all the cartridges stuck inside the mag. If you dont mind stipping the mags apart every 20 rounds and tightening the spring to the base plate, then go for it, but Cals Sporing Armory generally has all the USP series in standard capacity (hi cap) sooner or later. Check back in a month, and they'll have them most likely.

I ordered some USP .40 full size 13 rounders tonight after reading this thread from Cheaper Than Dirt. (Factory LE marked)

My .02

Peregrino
04-10-2007, 10:16
No offense, My .02

None taken. Your experiences are why we do this where everybody can contribute. I haven't personally used ProMags, that's why I caveated my comment the way I did. I stick with factory mags whenever I can to avoid the problems you reported. (Though many people would be surprised where their weapon's "factory" mags come from.) Peregrino

vsvo
04-10-2007, 10:27
Another place is CDNN (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/hkusp4co8rdw.html). Only thing is $10 flat rate shipping, so better to pick up more than one, or combine with other parts.

blue02hd
04-10-2007, 10:35
It's the variety of input that makes this post so much better than Google. I just wanted to throw a flare up to see if any of our "Charlies" or "Bravo's" are hoarding all the mag's I need.

I learned something about the ProMag line as well.
Thanks guys for all your input.

For what it's worth, I replaced my Kimber Pro- Ellipse II with this UPSc. Never thought I would hang the Kimber up, but I am that impressed with this HK. Night sights are on the way as well. Now if I could only find magic bullets that flew straight,,,,

Thank you for the time you took to respond....

Team Sergeant
04-10-2007, 10:36

And you'd probably put regular unleaded in your Lamborghini:p

Peregrino
04-10-2007, 11:04
And you'd probably put regular unleaded in your Lamborghini:p

By the time I pay for everything else, I'm lucky to afford that. :p Though I have switched to "unleaded" for my handgun reloads. (That's about as close as I'll ever get to "high speed toys".) Ranier TMC (plated) makes versatile training ammo with reduced lead exposure for indoor ranges. It also seems to function better than my previous lead SWCs, especially in some older (GI) magazines. I may have to relook for shooting steel but so far, I havent had the splash problems common with conventional jacketed bullets. (They seem to vaporize like solid lead does.) Not sure what this has to do with USP mags, but then I'm still shooting (and liking) my Kimber. Peregrino

Air.177
04-10-2007, 11:10
Are there any Factory high capacity magazines available for the USP compact in .45? All I see are 8 rounders.:confused:

Team Sergeant
04-10-2007, 12:13
By the time I pay for everything else, I'm lucky to afford that. :p Though I have switched to "unleaded" for my handgun reloads. (That's about as close as I'll ever get to "high speed toys".) Ranier TMC (plated) makes versatile training ammo with reduced lead exposure for indoor ranges. It also seems to function better than my previous lead SWCs, especially in some older (GI) magazines. I may have to relook for shooting steel but so far, I havent had the splash problems common with conventional jacketed bullets. (They seem to vaporize like solid lead does.) Not sure what this has to do with USP mags, but then I'm still shooting (and liking) my Kimber. Peregrino

I had a good buddy, former SF 18D, turned ER Doctor do a extensive lead tesing on me before I retired. Not a trace was found. I'd load my own with a lead alloy mix for a few years, shot a few times a week. I always wondered how much lead I was breathing.....

It ain't exciting if you're not dodging copper splash......

Remember the tire house with the steel belted tires?:D Those smarted.

82ndtrooper
04-10-2007, 12:17
I had a good buddy, former SF 18D, turned ER Doctor do a extensive lead tesing on me before I retired. Not a trace was found. I'd load my own with a lead alloy mix for a few years, shot a few times a week. I always wondered how much lead I was breathing.....

It ain't exciting if you're not dodging copper splash......

Remember the tire house with the steel belted tires?:D Those smarted.

Even I got that :eek:

FWIW I just spoke to my gun dealer that is an H&K specified dealer and he said that the USP compact .45 ACP is an "8" round mag only. The full size is a 12 rounder. There are no 10 rounders or better for the USP compact. The Jet funnel Kit only applies to the full size 9mm and .40 S&W.

If you dont know what the Jet Funnel Kit is get your google on.

blue02hd
04-10-2007, 16:29
82ndtrooper,

Thanks for the good info. Wasn't really looking for anything more than the standard 8 rounder. I have however, learned of discounts for various items on these hollowed posting grounds, and before I bought my wife some UPSc magazines for her anniversary, I thought I would ask here real fast.

I can't wait for her to open her new magazines!!

Wish me luck....

82ndtrooper
04-10-2007, 16:53
82ndtrooper,

Thanks for the good info. Wasn't really looking for anything more than the standard 8 rounder. I have however, learned of discounts for various items on these hollowed posting grounds, and before I bought my wife some UPSc magazines for her anniversary, I thought I would ask here real fast.

I can't wait for her to open her new magazines!!

Wish me luck....

See, even us NON-QP's are willing to even make a phone call for ya ! :)

I've been an H&K guy for several years now. Prior to that I was nothing but a 1911 fanatic.:rolleyes: My handgun mechanics and engineering ideology have changed quite a bit since my first USP series handgun, along with Sig Classic models. I've never owned a Glock and dont want one.

I simply believe that there is not another handgun out of the box that is as dependable and accurate as an H&K USP, Mk23, Elite, etc. Field stripping is as simple as it gets, and the dependability under harsh conditions is as good or better than any other high end handgun on the market. There's too many attributes to list on this post regarding the dependability and accuracy of the H&K lineup.

Glad I could help.

mumbleypeg
04-10-2007, 20:20
I just bought USPc 45 mags from:

M.L. SECURITY PRODUCTS
610-589-1998 Phone
$39.95 + shipping.

They are in Pennsylvania.

Ordered last Thursday and they arrived on Tuesday. I am a fan of the compact but the mags are spendy.

82ndtrooper
04-10-2007, 20:35
I just bought USPc 45 mags from:

M.L. SECURITY PRODUCTS
610-589-1998 Phone
$39.95 + shipping.

They are in Pennsylvania.

Ordered last Thursday and they arrived on Tuesday. I am a fan of the compact but the mags are spendy.

All mags are over priced. I'd bet most mags are actually worth $1.00 from manufacturing to shipping. And there are the Check Mates and Pro Mags. :rolleyes: