PDA

View Full Version : Strong Shoulder

Max_Tab
04-05-2007, 14:51
Funny thing happened today. My wife and one of her friends went to the Botanical Gardens with all the kid's (my boy 2yo and girl 3yo, and our friend's two girls). They were at a pond and the kids were walking around feeding the duck's and the fish. My wife and her friend stayed at one spot and let the kid's wander (alway's keeping them in sight of course). Well the kids got to the other side of the pond and the girls turned around and were coming back. My boy Jakob wasn't really paying attention, until a golf cart came around the corner. He got scared and started running away. The guy who was driving saw my son and slowed down, well my son reallizing that he wouldn't be able to out run the machine of death turned and started running straight for the pond, with full intentions of jumping straight into it (hope he doesn't turn out to be a SeAL). My wife started yelling for him not to jump into the water. My boy stopped...looked left...looked right...looked up...looked down, picked up a stick off of the ground, turned around and started shooting at the golf cart. My wife went around the pond and there stood my son over 1 dead golf cart and a driver who was on the ground because he was laughing so hard, his chest was stuck out and he turns to my wife and say's "I'm a strong shoulder."

Daddy has never been prouder.

A few clarification's...both my kid's want to be shoulder's like there daddy and jump out of airplanes. The only thing is, I need to work on my son's shooting stance. He stick's his right foot out, straigtens his left leg, lean's forward, put's the gun to the middle of his forehead and start's shooting. It's the funniest thing, but I've been working with him to try and improve it. Maybe TS has some advice :D

LibraryLady
04-05-2007, 14:58
NOT what I expected from the thread title!

Am striving mightily to laugh silently and stay in the chair, so my coworker's don't notice!

What an awesome tale - sounds like you're training the kids perfectly... :D

LL

82ndtrooper
04-05-2007, 15:03
He knew to head to water (SEAL thing) and when that wasn't a viable option, he chose to engage......................pretty damn good for a little tike:lifter

dennisw
04-05-2007, 15:43
Sounds like a future third grouper. He's has the right ROE anyway. :D

Gypsy
04-05-2007, 17:23
That is an awesome story! Good on your little man cub!

Team Sergeant
04-05-2007, 18:48
lean's forward, Maybe TS has some advice :D

Yeah, you need to have more kids.

After reading the story I've no doubt he was not scared, he was simply looking for a better position in which to engage his nemesis. "Leaning forward" is the clue to his true nature. You should be a proud father.

TS

Sdiver
04-05-2007, 19:11
LOL.
That truly was a great story. Thanks for sharing.:D

Although, IMO....I don't think your man-cub, running towards the water has any desire of him becoming, or even thinking of becoming a SEAL.

No. I see that as him starting on the road to being a true "SF Shoulder", just like his Pop. He sized up the situation, seeing this rolling beheamouth bearing down on him. Seeing no real avenue of escape, he headed towards the water, knowing full well, that this monstrosity couldn't turn very well. As he stopped at the water's edge, I'm sure, he was going to lull this mechanized monster into thinking it had an easy kill, but at the last minute, just when things seemed their darkest, he would have moved out of the way, sending the beast from the pro shop, into the water, to which it would indeed have been stuck, making it an easy target for your future "SF Shoulder", to dispatch at ease.

But alas and alack, your wife, his mom, called out to him to move, thus destroying his carefully laid trap, so as to appease her, into thinking she still had control of him. So then he improvised, adapted and over came, that all to familiar "Murphy" element, and dispatched his foe with superior firepower.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
04-05-2007, 19:20
That's a great story!

Remington Raidr
04-05-2007, 21:10
by the time he makes it through the Q, with all the new weapons we will have, that may be the perfect shooting stance. Maybe he is AHEAD of the curve.:)

sg1987
04-06-2007, 06:01
Great Story. Keep up the good work Dad!

Beach Bum
04-06-2007, 06:15
That was a great story! Not at all what I was expecting!
:lifter Strong work little "shoulder"!

Sionnach
04-06-2007, 08:02
+10 :lifter

x SF med
04-06-2007, 08:04
Mini Munchkin SCUBA Dude!! Sign him up for MarOps training!! Outstanding training for your "shoulder".

echoes
04-06-2007, 13:41
Sir,
Wish I could have seen it...Outstanding! Good job to You as a Dad!:lifter

Holly

vsvo
04-06-2007, 15:44
Great story!

Shans84
04-06-2007, 16:29
AWESOME, that story just made my day:D way to go dad.

stakk4
04-06-2007, 19:35
Now THAT'S funny! But, have you taught him to chuck rocks yet?

Now, I gotta ask, what was Mom's reaction?

Monsoon65
04-06-2007, 19:54
Now that put a smile on my face!

Max_Tab
04-06-2007, 20:23
Now THAT'S funny! But, have you taught him to chuck rocks yet?

Now, I gotta ask, what was Mom's reaction?

I think mom was as proud as me. She had to call me at work to tell me.:D

Blue
04-08-2007, 18:39
After the week I've had, I needed a good laugh. Thanks :).

Monsoon65
04-08-2007, 20:57
Max Tab:

Easter dinner, and everyone was telling kids stories. Stuff that happened to them, their kids, friends kids. I told them your story and everyone really got a kick out of it.

Max_Tab
05-13-2007, 10:10
I don't know if I should post this in here, or in the sheep, sheep dog, wolf thread.

I am in Nebraska visiting my parent's, and I got a call from my wife about my son's first fist fight. My wife went to the park yesterday, with a friend of hers who has two daughter's the same age as my kid's. There was a boy at the park who was about 6, and he was making monster noise's at Sydney (my wife's friends, daughter). He was scaring her, and my daughter wasn't having any of that, so she put herself in between the 6 yr old and Sydney and started making monster noise's back at him. The boy got right in my daughter's face and was growling at her and trying to scare her. Well my son didn't like that one bit, so he got a running start, and attempted to tackle this guy who was being mean to his sister. He hit him and bounced right off, (a true David and Goliath story). Well that didn't stop him, he got up and made a fist, and started throwing down on him. The 6 yr old returned the favor, and started hitting back. He knocked my son down 3 time's, but Jakob, kept getting back up and going after him. The fight stopped when the 6 yr old's mother intervened and got her son, and went to another area. My wife was standing there watching the whole thing, and laughing. Jakob came up to my wife and she gave him high five for protecting his sister.

My wife told me that story, and I couldn't stop smiling because I was just so proud of him. I told my mom, dad and sister the story, and they all think I'm a little strange, but then they have alway's thought I was a little strange.:D

18C Dad
05-13-2007, 10:17
Max_Tab,
That's a great story. I would hope that my younger sons would also protect their little sister in the same manner. I have no doubt that her oldest brother (QP at 1st Group) would do so. :lifter

Tell Jakob that 18C Dad is very impressed.

CoLawman
05-13-2007, 11:30
Maxtab, you have a special talent for writing. I hope you continue to share Jakob's adventures with us. I get a kick out of them.

echoes
05-13-2007, 12:41
Max Tab,

Bravo to You!!! I could/ and can always count on my brother's! They screen, secure, and when in doubt, section all guys! I think it is built in to brothers...they are there when you need them, and most important, when you don't think you do. ;)

Holly

82ndtrooper
05-13-2007, 12:52
He didn't QUIT !! Until intervention by mom. Good kid ya got there. :cool:

Gypsy
05-13-2007, 14:50
Maxtab, you have a special talent for writing. I hope you continue to share Jakob's adventures with us. I get a kick out of them.

Agree with CoLawman, Max Tab. Good on young Jakob.